Mens shoes and where to buy

Posted 11th Nov
Hi Folks,does anyone know who stocks a good selection of shoes online,I'm after something well made and I don't want to spend more that £70 and less if possible,they would be to wear with jeans,I'm mid 40's and have been living in trainers most of the time, as a carer for comfort,but thought I should treat myself but I live in an area where the shoe shops have disappeared and I haven't got the time to leave the home to travel further to find bigger stores
My budget is tight as I live on carers allowance
Community Updates

Groups

25 Comments
Clarks is probably your best option for online shoe shopping. TK Maxx as well have men's shoes online,though of course if you could make it to one of their shops then that is even better. Also you might want to keep an eye on the Doctor Martens website, their sales are really good and they make great quality shoes.
Perhaps have a look at M&M Direct. Lots of different brand and styles heavily reduced

13640511731573476328.jpg
I bought a pair of soviet brown ankle leather shoes for £26 from sports direct and they are amazingly comfy
I’ve had loads of good pairs of shoes from tk maxx, every time I’m near one I pop in and must admit most the time there is nothing but if you try them often some bargains come up, my current kurt Geiger shoes from there cost me £65 but retail at £140 at least. Trouble with shoes for me though is I have to try them on, it’d be impossible to buy online cos some are too thin some too wide some size 10s are too small some size 11 are too big.
Edited by: "toonsquirel" 11th Nov
I get mine from amazon.

Some nice comfy slip on sketchers for £30
Amazon often have shoes on offer with the Black Friday deals.
My current clarks were from them.
Haircut_10011/11/2019 12:42

Clarks is probably your best option for online shoe shopping. TK Maxx as …Clarks is probably your best option for online shoe shopping. TK Maxx as well have men's shoes online,though of course if you could make it to one of their shops then that is even better. Also you might want to keep an eye on the Doctor Martens website, their sales are really good and they make great quality shoes.

Thanks,never thought of TK Maxx,we have one near us,I didn't even know they did shoes,will have a look this week
Bobbajob11/11/2019 13:10

Amazon often have shoes on offer with the Black Friday deals.My current …Amazon often have shoes on offer with the Black Friday deals.My current clarks were from them.

Thanks will have a look
jaydeeuk111/11/2019 12:54

I get mine from amazon.Some nice comfy slip on sketchers for £30

Cheers
toonsquirel11/11/2019 12:52

I’ve had loads of good pairs of shoes from tk maxx, every time I’m near one …I’ve had loads of good pairs of shoes from tk maxx, every time I’m near one I pop in and must admit most the time there is nothing but if you try them often some bargains come up, my current kurt Geiger shoes from there cost me £65 but retail at £140 at least. Trouble with shoes for me though is I have to try them on, it’d be impossible to buy online cos some are too thin some too wide some size 10s are too small some size 11 are too big.

Thanks,yes between differing brands sizing can be a pain,I shall have a look at TKM
Douglas_Birks11/11/2019 12:48

I bought a pair of soviet brown ankle leather shoes for £26 from sports …I bought a pair of soviet brown ankle leather shoes for £26 from sports direct and they are amazingly comfy

Cheers,I will have a look I didn't know they did shoes,you learn something new every day
myusernamehasgone23411/11/2019 12:47

Perhaps have a look at M&M Direct. Lots of different brand and styles …Perhaps have a look at M&M Direct. Lots of different brand and styles heavily reduced[Image]

Thanks,I shall have a look
I’d champion Debenhams sale section, you can search by size, price or brand. For this time of the year I’d search for a ‘boot/shoe’ style. Click’n’Collect is FREE.
Edited by: "Toptrumpet" 11th Nov
TK Maxx is definitely hard to beat for quality if you buy the right thing as part of their stock is end of line high end products.

Are you after a fancier pair of trainers or something different? Do you know what style of shoes you're after?

What size are you? If you're between about 6 and 9 it's worth looking in the womans sections too, as they often feature common men's styles that the company isn't making in the larger sizes.
Toptrumpet11/11/2019 16:57

I’d champion Debenhams sale section, you can search by size, price or b …I’d champion Debenhams sale section, you can search by size, price or brand. For this time of the year I’d search for a ‘boot/shoe’ style. Click’n’Collect is FREE.

Thanks I shall look there later
EndlessWaves11/11/2019 18:11

TK Maxx is definitely hard to beat for quality if you buy the right thing …TK Maxx is definitely hard to beat for quality if you buy the right thing as part of their stock is end of line high end products. Are you after a fancier pair of trainers or something different? Do you know what style of shoes you're after?What size are you? If you're between about 6 and 9 it's worth looking in the womans sections too, as they often feature common men's styles that the company isn't making in the larger sizes.

Hi thanks for the tips I'm a 9,now that I'm getting older,I just fancy some sort of Merrell type activity country walking type of shoe for the wet,something that looks good but is well made and I might be after a leather chukka type boot too
Oddly enough my current shoes, other than sandals and working boots, consist of a pair of chukka boots and a pair of walking boots. Both came from TK Maxx.

The chukka boots are Doc Martin but I haven't worn them enough to judge durability. The walking boots are AKU which I found in TK Maxx for a silly price (about £40 I think, they're the Slope model which usually goes for £100+ even on clearance). Although I bought them on the colour, not recognising the brand. I only worked out later I'd bought something expensive.

The AKU boots I wear regularly and they look as good as new a couple of winters in, I'd happily buy another pair. AKU do a few lower cut shoes and they seem to be about £70 online in clearance colours, although there don't seem to be many on clearance right now - I guess the start of winter is the wrong time to get a bargain on waterproof shoes.
Clarks ?
EndlessWaves11/11/2019 22:35

Oddly enough my current shoes, other than sandals and working boots, …Oddly enough my current shoes, other than sandals and working boots, consist of a pair of chukka boots and a pair of walking boots. Both came from TK Maxx. The chukka boots are Doc Martin but I haven't worn them enough to judge durability. The walking boots are AKU which I found in TK Maxx for a silly price (about £40 I think, they're the Slope model which usually goes for £100+ even on clearance). Although I bought them on the colour, not recognising the brand. I only worked out later I'd bought something expensive. The AKU boots I wear regularly and they look as good as new a couple of winters in, I'd happily buy another pair. AKU do a few lower cut shoes and they seem to be about £70 online in clearance colours, although there don't seem to be many on clearance right now - I guess the start of winter is the wrong time to get a bargain on waterproof shoes.

Hi I will have a look for the shoes ou have mentioned,I shall have a look tomorrow if it's a dry day,there is alos a Debenhams opposite the TK Maxx so I shall have a look in there too
clarksoutlet.co.uk/ have older stock so cheaper.
Free returns I think or return in store maybe!
Use code NOV20 for 20% until 13/11.
EndlessWaves11/11/2019 22:35

Oddly enough my current shoes, other than sandals and working boots, …Oddly enough my current shoes, other than sandals and working boots, consist of a pair of chukka boots and a pair of walking boots. Both came from TK Maxx. The chukka boots are Doc Martin but I haven't worn them enough to judge durability. The walking boots are AKU which I found in TK Maxx for a silly price (about £40 I think, they're the Slope model which usually goes for £100+ even on clearance). Although I bought them on the colour, not recognising the brand. I only worked out later I'd bought something expensive. The AKU boots I wear regularly and they look as good as new a couple of winters in, I'd happily buy another pair. AKU do a few lower cut shoes and they seem to be about £70 online in clearance colours, although there don't seem to be many on clearance right now - I guess the start of winter is the wrong time to get a bargain on waterproof shoes.

Did you find the Doc Martins true to size ?
There's been some scorching deals at brandalley recently hotukdeals.com/dea….uk
Equalizer2512/11/2019 00:46

Did you find the Doc Martins true to size ?

I have to buy on width so I can't really answer you that. I can say mine are about average in width for the shoe size printed on the label.

Although mine are the Lite versions with a different sole they tried a couple of years ago, so even that may not be relevant to the ones on sale now.
EndlessWaves13/11/2019 16:43

I have to buy on width so I can't really answer you that. I can say mine …I have to buy on width so I can't really answer you that. I can say mine are about average in width for the shoe size printed on the label. Although mine are the Lite versions with a different sole they tried a couple of years ago, so even that may not be relevant to the ones on sale now.

Thanks it's a minefield with shoes,I decided in the end to put some shoes from Debenhams in the online basket,I shall wait until Black Friday to see if anything gets reduced and the get them as click and collect to save postage so I can then try on in shop when I collect and get a refund on anything unsuitable there and then.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions