Merax gameing chair

Found 4th Jan
I bourt this 2 months ago and recently has developed a fault, the mechanical metal base that bolts under the chair has a tilt function as most office/gameing chairs do but the chair pivots on a metal bar , either side of that bar has some bearing like shaped metal around the pivot.. the one side has developed a crack so when I sit down the chair leans to one side quite bad , I have contacted the seller and have told me it can only be exchanged or returned if the chair is 14 days old they said we will offer you 30 pounds and you can get the chair fixed yourself. ? what should I do ?
Community Updates
Ask
13 Comments
Ask them if they know anyone local that can do the job for £30, pretty sure they can't. I would get them to repair it but you might have to pay transport costs. I assume the bearing is just the chair tilt rivet that shouldn't fail unless defected.
was it bought from a UK based company? if so you have consumer rights and they as the retailer have to repair, if they cant they have to replace or refund at their choice. Also the law states you shouldn't be out of pocket for any transport costs.
Edited by: "paulj48" 4th Jan
kester761 h, 8 m ago

Ask them if they know anyone local that can do the job for £30, pretty …Ask them if they know anyone local that can do the job for £30, pretty sure they can't. I would get them to repair it but you might have to pay transport costs. I assume the bearing is just the chair tilt rivet that shouldn't fail unless defected.

I don't know if rivots can be repaired inless a professional , I've had a quick scan on the internet and have come across a similar part I have measured in mm bolt to bolt and this should work maybe I should get this part and get the 30 pounds so they pay for it , the part also can be returned within 30 days if unhappy but I'm hoping it will just bolt on it looks like it
paulj4857 m ago

was it bought from a UK based company? if so you have consumer rights and …was it bought from a UK based company? if so you have consumer rights and they as the retailer have to repair, if they cant they have to replace or refund at their choice. Also the law states you shouldn't be out of pocket for any transport costs.

Yes uk based but if I find the part and replace and then get the 30 pound from them all ok but I'm hoping the part I found will fit I have measured in mm and seems to match the one I have just bolts under the chair
Splice31 m ago

I don't know if rivots can be repaired inless a professional , I've had a …I don't know if rivots can be repaired inless a professional , I've had a quick scan on the internet and have come across a similar part I have measured in mm bolt to bolt and this should work maybe I should get this part and get the 30 pounds so they pay for it , the part also can be returned within 30 days if unhappy but I'm hoping it will just bolt on it looks like it

Depending on how much you paid for the chair I would change the bolt myself. Just make sure that it doesn't invalidate your warranty for the rest of the seat.
kester7652 m ago

Depending on how much you paid for the chair I would change the bolt …Depending on how much you paid for the chair I would change the bolt myself. Just make sure that it doesn't invalidate your warranty for the rest of the seat.

It's a rivot not a bolt I paid 75 pound for it, I've ordered a replacement part , the company I bourt it from will give me 30 quid to cover cost so just need to hope part fits ok then all ok for me
Splice55 m ago

It's a rivot not a bolt I paid 75 pound for it, I've ordered a replacement …It's a rivot not a bolt I paid 75 pound for it, I've ordered a replacement part , the company I bourt it from will give me 30 quid to cover cost so just need to hope part fits ok then all ok for me

It shouldn't be. The company is ripping you off. They're legally required to repair/replace/refund any faults at their cost.

Obviously they don't need to cover damage caused by the buyer, but within the first six months they have to assume it's a manufacturing fault unless they can prove otherwise. If they haven't asked for the faulty part or sent anyone to look at it then they're at fault.

At the very least I'd send them the full £75 bill.
EndlessWaves10 m ago

It shouldn't be. The company is ripping you off. They're legally required …It shouldn't be. The company is ripping you off. They're legally required to repair/replace/refund any faults at their cost. Obviously they don't need to cover damage caused by the buyer, but within the first six months they have to assume it's a manufacturing fault unless they can prove otherwise. If they haven't asked for the faulty part or sent anyone to look at it then they're at fault.At the very least I'd send them the full £75 bill.

Your definetley right well the part I have ordered is a tenner so not bad and they said will give 30 pounds, If the part arrives and does not fit or work correctly I will get a refund on it and demand my chair is either fully repaired by them or replaced , seems logical?
Splice1 m ago

Your definetley right well the part I have ordered is a tenner so not bad …Your definetley right well the part I have ordered is a tenner so not bad and they said will give 30 pounds, If the part arrives and does not fit or work correctly I will get a refund on it and demand my chair is either fully repaired by them or replaced , seems logical?

Or maybe a full refund because I don't want the same problem again
Splice46 m ago

Your definetley right well the part I have ordered is a tenner so not bad …Your definetley right well the part I have ordered is a tenner so not bad and they said will give 30 pounds, If the part arrives and does not fit or work correctly I will get a refund on it and demand my chair is either fully repaired by them or replaced , seems logical?

what happens if you 'bodge up' the repair (sorry ) or if the repair goes fine but then something else break later and they wont touch it because they've paid out that £30 and you accepting it has waivered your legal rights?
paulj482 m ago

what happens if you 'bodge up' the repair (sorry ) or if the repair …what happens if you 'bodge up' the repair (sorry ) or if the repair goes fine but then something else break later and they wont touch it because they've paid out that £30 and you accepting it has waivered your legal rights?

32988097-OLQWK.jpgit's not a bodge it's a replacement and the measurements match my chair so it won't affect my rights
EndlessWaves18 h, 49 m ago

It shouldn't be. The company is ripping you off. They're legally required …It shouldn't be. The company is ripping you off. They're legally required to repair/replace/refund any faults at their cost. Obviously they don't need to cover damage caused by the buyer, but within the first six months they have to assume it's a manufacturing fault unless they can prove otherwise. If they haven't asked for the faulty part or sent anyone to look at it then they're at fault.At the very least I'd send them the full £75 bill.

The manager contacted me this morning and will issue me a full refund to componsate for my problems with the chair
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions