Mercedes diesel scandal compensation claim

Posted 20th Aug 2020
Anyone heard about this and is it legit? I signed up with pgmbm with no win no fee but I’m worried I’ll end up with a massive bill at the end?

What’s your thoughts?
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
What loss have you suffered? What do you need compensation for?
If I'm honest, you should have been asking these questions BEFORE signing up to this.

Probably need someone on HUKD who knows who or what pgmbm is - best of luck
Edited by: "Gollywood" 20th Aug
17 Comments
No win, no fee. So no bill.

If you win, they'll take their cut, which you've already agreed to.

What massive bill are you talking about?
Gollywood20/08/2020 00:40

No win, no fee. So no bill.If you win, they'll take their cut, which …No win, no fee. So no bill.If you win, they'll take their cut, which you've already agreed to.What massive bill are you talking about?

It mentions If I don’t respond to correspondence they will charge me for the fees incurred without a claim. I just don’t want to get screwed over
seckinboy20/08/2020 00:42

It mentions If I don’t respond to correspondence they will charge me for t …It mentions If I don’t respond to correspondence they will charge me for the fees incurred without a claim. I just don’t want to get screwed over

Just respond?
41708086-tR1jI.jpg
Also what does this mean? If I don’t do anything they just won’t take the claim on without a fee?
Gollywood20/08/2020 00:43

Just respond?

No I understand that. But I just want to make sure they are legit if anyone had experiences.
If I'm honest, you should have been asking these questions BEFORE signing up to this.

Probably need someone on HUKD who knows who or what pgmbm is - best of luck
seckinboy20/08/2020 00:44

[Image] Also what does this mean? If I don’t do anything they just won’t ta …[Image] Also what does this mean? If I don’t do anything they just won’t take the claim on without a fee?

I read this as, if you do not respond then they will take it as you accepting the terms.

You need to cancel to terminate the instruction.
Ambulance chasers. Make sure you do not pay a penny unless they win.
RIP off, but what are you going to do. They will start a mass litigation, Mercedes will pay a percentage to prevent going to court. They will take their 10-20% no win no fee plus their expenses (probably another 70-80%) leaving youth with 5-10%. But that's not all. They win big, Mercedes win big.... you lose. 20,000 people claiming £30,000 is £600m. As a settlement if they accepted 5% ( £30m) they take their 90% cut (£27m) leaving £3m divided by 20,000 giving you the grand sum of £150each.
That's how it used to work, I'm not sure if they are properly regulated now. I should read the smallprint carefully., maybe check your household insurance (a lot of them provide a free legal consideration by phone and ask for advice) I'm a bit concerned about the charges if you don't respond in time - how are you going to communicate, and how can you prove you haven't received something they claim to have sent yout?

The only option option is to do it yourself.
No-one even got anything from VW nevermind any one else with even less to claim for.
What loss have you suffered? What do you need compensation for?
seckinboy20/08/2020 00:44

[Image] Also what does this mean? If I don’t do anything they just won’t ta …[Image] Also what does this mean? If I don’t do anything they just won’t take the claim on without a fee?

It means if you don't do anything within 14 days they'll take your case on automatically, if you decide after the 14 days that you've changed your mind and don't want to pursue it you'll have to pay whatever they charge you.

Ops I'd recommended going forward you don't see the dollar signs first and read through things, this greed will get you in trouble one day.
I would imagine this company is likely to make far more money by charging fees to people who don’t read and follow the t&c’s correctly than they’ll ever get from Mercedes.
I watched on can't pay we take it away when an old couple lost a claim to one of these no pay solicitors and owed thousands.
Hi. I have a Mercedes that meet the criteria for the claim. I have not read into this fully but i was wondering if its worth pursuing. Looks like Mercedes are paying out in the US and likely to be bigger in the UK. Any advice would be great.
Another article has come out.
This is Money: Mercedes owners' payout hope over diesel emissions scandal.
thisismoney.co.uk/mon…tml
Guess this is just another advert for lawyers to get money rather than owners getting any of it.
Post a comment
@
    Text