Merry Christmas Alan Pardew. You are sacked.

Breaking news on BBC. What crappy timing. Could have done any time in the week. Couple of days before Christmas.

click me for BBC Article

26 Comments

Great timing. Surely they could have hung on a couple of weeks.
Edited by: "deeky" 22nd Dec 2016

How cruel

I actually thought this said Alan Partridge...

Is he going to be England Manager? (All Geordies ;))

Original Poster

deeky

Agree. 17th and so could always turn it around. Especially with many points up for
grabs in the festive period.
Edited by: "shabbird" 22nd Dec 2016

Banned

deeky

Especially as their next match is Watford...

In before Fat Sam is seen in South London! X)

Great news for Palace fans. Absolute melt

I wouldn't be too concerned. No doubt a circa £1m pay-off and another new highly-paid job before too long. Appears a decent guy though, and I wish him well.

Original Poster

GAVINLEWISHUKD

In before Fat Sam is seen in South London! X)

Isn't he busy with the £450,000 public speaking job (_;)

Now big Sam is the favourite to succeed.....feel sorry for Pardew, especially at this time of year
Edited by: "JDavies" 22nd Dec 2016

https://giant.gfycat.com/GenuineCraftyAmurminnow.gif

Another journeyman found out. There's a lot of them about.

People moaning they shouldn't choose big Sam as he's not a good person. Premiership clubs would choose the devil himself if it gave them the best chance of staying up! X)

Saturn

I wouldn't be too concerned. No doubt a circa £1m pay-off and another new … I wouldn't be too concerned. No doubt a circa £1m pay-off and another new highly-paid job before too long. Appears a decent guy though, and I wish him well.

£5mil has been banded by some reliable twitter accounts. Don't think he'll be given a premier league job in a hurry
Edited by: "winifer" 22nd Dec 2016

Banned

GAVINLEWISHUKD

People moaning they shouldn't choose big Sam as he's not a good person. … People moaning they shouldn't choose big Sam as he's not a good person. Premiership clubs would choose the devil himself if it gave them the best chance of staying up! X)

They wont appoint Sam because he will still be under investigation by HMRC & will be for many months to come until they have fine toothed every penny.

YouDontWantToKnow

They wont appoint Sam because he will still be under investigation by … They wont appoint Sam because he will still be under investigation by HMRC & will be for many months to come until they have fine toothed every penny.

Erm they will as they have been in talks over the last week or so( American owners didn't want to pay the amount Fat Sam and his staff would cost, until they gave in today), hense why there has been so much movement in the hour since Pardew has been fired. He's likely to be in charge for the next game..
Edited by: "winifer" 22nd Dec 2016

So as usual the chairman that not so long ago appointed him as the very best man for the job yet again takes the easy way out and absolves himself of any blame. Then he appoints a successor, who will also be the very best person for the job (even 'tho they themselves have also been sacked several times by other clubs for not being up to scratch), until of course a few months down the line when it becomes apparent that they're not good enough either because Palace haven't won the Champions League and then .......

It seems to me that there is a relatively small pool of football managers who just do the rounds (most mediocre, some successful but only because they've been managing a top team with the best players, and very very few who are actually any good and are given enough time (ie several years) to actually do the job properly). It's a pity that the Southampton experiment with Clive Woodward didn't work as I'm sure there is some potential merit in people who are good managers but not necessarily ex footballers doing the job. There are more than enough assistants, coaches, directors of football etc etc nowadays to do the pure football stuff.

Supermod

Crazy decision. Not had a bad December...couple of unlucky losses against Chelsea and Man Utd, picked up a good win against Southampton and a draw away to Hull. If they're really after Allardyce is makes it an even crazier decision.

Banned

winifer

Erm they will as they have been in talks over the last week or so( … Erm they will as they have been in talks over the last week or so( American owners didn't want to pay the amount Fat Sam and his staff would cost, until they gave in today), hense why there has been so much movement in the hour since Pardew has been fired. He's likely to be in charge for the next game..

I have lost count on how many times I have heard "Sam Allardyce is bookmakers favourite"

Surely he has had his time & is no longer a credible football manager..

Original Poster

YouDontWantToKnow

I have lost count on how many times I have heard "Sam Allardyce is … I have lost count on how many times I have heard "Sam Allardyce is bookmakers favourite" Surely he has had his time & is no longer a credible football manager..

Its a results business. Everything will be forgiven. Didn't think Palace were ever at risk with the
players they had. And with 2 weeks on many games, they could have turned it around. crazy decision but
I guess they wanted to work on January players and didn't want to involve Alan.

They did make sure he trained the team and so they were ready for next game before sacking him.

Banned

shabbird

Its a results business. Everything will be forgiven. Didn't think Palace … Its a results business. Everything will be forgiven. Didn't think Palace were ever at risk with the players they had. And with 2 weeks on many games, they could have turned it around. crazy decision but I guess they wanted to work on January players and didn't want to involve Alan. They did make sure he trained the team and so they were ready for next game before sacking him.

Well Sam had a 100% record managing England so he must be talented

Nice little Christmas bonus for him, 4million pound pay off for less than a years work.

He had the worst average points per game in all 4 of the english top leagues for 2016.

Just how crap do you have to be before a sacking is deserved. A nasty little cockney who deserves to sink into mediocrity. I'm guessing he will end up managing in China.

themorgatron

He had the worst average points per game in all 4 of the english top … He had the worst average points per game in all 4 of the english top leagues for 2016.Just how crap do you have to be before a sacking is deserved. A nasty little cockney who deserves to sink into mediocrity. I'm guessing he will end up managing in China.

Not a fan then?

There is no need to feel sorry for him. He won't go hungry this Christmas.

Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767339
    2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047128
    3. word association Game73944513
    4. *** Weekly game codes giveaway 188 ***1024

See more discussions