Mesh WiFi

Posted 12th Jul
Hi, I’m looking into getting mesh WiFi for my home. We have a 4 bedroom detached house and needing WiFi for the full house and in the future adding for the garden bar. Should I go for something like an eero system or would I be best future proofing and getting wifi6? Thank you
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

7 Comments
You could go with the TP-Link Deco.
All the products work together, Get a WiFi 5 set now and then add the WiFi 6 ones at a later date when they're more affordable and more of your devices are WiFi 6 enabled.

You can then use the older ones to extend coverage, or sell them off individually to people looking to extended their networks.
I’ve got TP Deco M4 never let me down! If I had more money I’d invest in Google Nest WiFi they’ve got the best reviews out there and now act as Google Home Mini’s.

I currently pay for 250mb and this is during peak times from my room across the house.
41368136-5UBsC.jpg

We have 4 mesh nodes one we bought separately. Gives us coverage into the garden and to each corner of the house. The app is really good but no web interface.
I use a Tenda Mesh system. love it!
KeyboardKitten12/07/2020 16:29

I’ve got TP Deco M4 never let me down! If I had more money I’d invest in Go …I’ve got TP Deco M4 never let me down! If I had more money I’d invest in Google Nest WiFi they’ve got the best reviews out there and now act as Google Home Mini’s.I currently pay for 250mb and this is during peak times from my room across the house.[Image] We have 4 mesh nodes one we bought separately. Gives us coverage into the garden and to each corner of the house. The app is really good but no web interface.

No Web UI on M4? I have it on Deco M5 when I visit tplinkdeco.net

I would have ended up with Nest WiFi if they'd added the Google Assistant feature a couple of years ago (like was rumoured).
Glad I got the Deco though, as if you read the Reddit for Google Wifi there's a lot of unhappy people. A lot of different issues, I saw a lot of people who had to factory reset after firmware updates because their speeds would become trash due to the update.
spruceyb12/07/2020 16:57

No Web UI on M4? I have it on Deco M5 when I visit http://tplinkdeco.netI …No Web UI on M4? I have it on Deco M5 when I visit http://tplinkdeco.netI would have ended up with Nest WiFi if they'd added the Google Assistant feature a couple of years ago (like was rumoured).Glad I got the Deco though, as if you read the Reddit for Google Wifi there's a lot of unhappy people. A lot of different issues, I saw a lot of people who had to factory reset after firmware updates because their speeds would become trash due to the update.

I stand corrected! There is a web interface!
Edited by: "KeyboardKitten" 12th Jul
Firebird_3712/07/2020 20:15

Oh dear. Do the police know?

was confused when I saw the notification
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants