Expired

Messed around by Samsung

Found 9th May 2013
My phone has been broke for about 2 weeks now, took it to my local repair centre [Samsung authorised] on the saturday, (I believing it would be a simple fix as it appeared the micro usb board had been damaged). They said after a couple hours they couldn't fix it and had tried doing a factory reset incase it was a software issue.

They said they could send it onto another repair centre, one which only did samsung repairs who would be able to repair or replace. I agreed.

Fast forward to wednesday this week, I get a call from my local who said the regional has sent it back saying it has been rooted and as such warranty is void.

I was furrious and phoned samsungs main customer care support number who asked me to get written proof from my local centre that it wasn't rooted when I first handed it in.

So I drove back and got that, and phoned back into main customer care, who then asked for me to email it to them and they would take a look in the morning.

Fast forward to this morning, with email having been sent last night, and I phoned in, they said they would charge me for repair as the 2nd service centre said my phone was rooted, I referred the person I was speaking to, to my proof and previous conversations and after talking to her manager said another service centre an even larger one called regenesis would contact me to organise a courier today for my phone.

That was my last call at 9:00am, it's now 2:23PM.
Community Updates
MiscSamsung
24 Comments
So my question, What should I do now?

Should I post this on their Facebook/twitter, or ring and ask for a manager? (considering doing both as they aren't doing anything to help at the moment)
A friend's phone (Samsung) went wrong and during the repair process, they rooted it themselves!

Personally, I blame you for playing hacked games on it...
Well was it actually rooted?
moose109

A friend's phone (Samsung) went wrong and during the repair process, they … A friend's phone (Samsung) went wrong and during the repair process, they rooted it themselves!Personally, I blame you for playing hacked games on it...

Play the hacked games on my pc via bluestacks

Brother made that joke aswell second he found out about it!
KillFelix

Well was it actually rooted?

Nah, have no real need for rooting and I'm a bit obsessive with warranties.
hi mate try emailing this guy m.lewington@samsung.com. he is 2nd in charge of samsung uk the ceo is griffiths.a@samsung.com but he is out of office and asks you to email lewington, but if you email add em both then he will know also

mercslkman

hi mate try emailing this guy m.lewington@samsung.com. he is 2nd in … hi mate try emailing this guy m.lewington@samsung.com. he is 2nd in charge of samsung uk the ceo is griffiths.a@samsung.com but he is out of office and asks you to email lewington, but if you email add em both then he will know also

Thanks will do that tonight, going to have 1 last try at normal customer care in a couple of hours see if I can get a manager and get this sorted (need it sorting by sorting by saturday).

But if that doesn't work, will email those corporate emails :P
good luck fella anyway , let us know how you get on
mercslkman

good luck fella anyway , let us know how you get on

Will do, hopefully make them send me a replacemet for saturday as repair is getting a bit too long winded!

:P
Strange, related to a dude called Andrew Griffiths, only just noticed what his first name was.

Looks like I'm ringing their head office in the morning and asking for Melanie Lewington.
Well no luck what so ever with asking for managers so shaming them on facebook and twitter with an email to Mel highlighting my posts.
Left a message on the boards aswerphone after being transferred through by reception at head office.

Email sent last night, and as of yet (really early in the day) no response.

Hopefully will hear something before my lunch at 1:15.
Good luck, heard far too many horror stories about the USB boards on Samsung phones, refusing to fix on many grounds including water damage when there is none also instances as above.

I'm due an upgrade but think I'll look at the Xperia Z or HTC One, had an iPhone the past 3 years and fancy a change unless a 5s is due out soon.
RustySpoons

Good luck, heard far too many horror stories about the USB boards on … Good luck, heard far too many horror stories about the USB boards on Samsung phones, refusing to fix on many grounds including water damage when there is none also instances as above.I'm due an upgrade but think I'll look at the Xperia Z or HTC One, had an iPhone the past 3 years and fancy a change unless a 5s is due out soon.

Aye from their facebook page it looks they are having quite a few complaints.

And thanks for the good luck. I'd go for the HTC one or wait for the iphone (as much as that second bit pains me).

Can't fault the simpleness and effectiveness of the apply customer care package.
No response, left her another message on the boards answerphone, and I'm about to contact her via LinkedIn.

Going to try and see if I can get a personal number either from samsung or from her old employer novartis.

Either way she's going to get real sick of my nagging very fast.
Their facebook has now replied and is looking into my case with numbers I've given them.

May be slightly closer to a resolution.
What phone is it? You've only said it's a Samsung?
Is it an S4, S3 or a galaxy ace?!
hapless

What phone is it? You've only said it's a Samsung?Is it an S4, S3 or a … What phone is it? You've only said it's a Samsung?Is it an S4, S3 or a galaxy ace?!

Oh it's a samsung galaxy note 2.
Now have Sean Archer the senior customer services executive emailing me.

He doesn't appear to have his own email but does have a direct number by the looks, which I prefer.

Going to give him hell on monday if I haven't had a phone call.
olympians

Now have Sean Archer the senior customer services executive emailing … Now have Sean Archer the senior customer services executive emailing me.He doesn't appear to have his own email but does have a direct number by the looks, which I prefer. :pGoing to give him hell on monday if I haven't had a phone call.

Make sure to keep his number and put it somewhere on the net to help people out in a similar situation.
hasj2

Make sure to keep his number and put it somewhere on the net to help … Make sure to keep his number and put it somewhere on the net to help people out in a similar situation.

Oh trust me the second I'm done with samsung It's being shared across the web for anyone who needs it.

Why talk to the monkeys when can talk to the boss.

He probably only messaged me as I kept leaving the EA to MD loads of voicemails.
How did this go?
It went terribly.

Eventually got it repaired but the customer care executive Sean Archer was a complete and utter tool.

Even though I had proof from one of his repair centres that my phone was never rooted he insisted it must of been and that there was no issue at their end as far as they were concerned ad wouldn't have it looked into.

Basically he's a ****, I'd give people his number but better off emailing the UK CEO or his EA and not settling for talking to this guy.
I was treated like a criminal by samsung customer services because i tried to exchange a microwave that went wrong after 11 weeks. After i hour wrangling on the telephone I gave up and sttled for another make from my retailer. They are a company that will do their utmost NOT to honor their product warranty. I will never buy a samsung product again.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants