Metal Gear Ac!d

Posted 17th Oct
Just wondering unless someone can explain how to hack my PS Vita and without buying a PSP are their handheld emulators which you can have ps2 PSP sega megadrive emulators on, could I create one or can you buy one? Does anyone have one? Do they exist? Am I stuck buying a PSP just to play my Metal Gear Acid discs?
Community Updates
Ask
8 Comments
You can definitely hack a Vita. Check out the Vitahacks Reddit sub, they'll be able to guide you through the process and of how to install the various emulators on it (and check this page Here). One thing though is to make sure you don't upgrade to the newest Vita firmware that was just released by Sony, make sure your Vita has automatic updates disabled in the settings menu. You can also just play Metal Gear Acid on any PC, just download the PPSSPP emulator and then theoretically one could search the internet for the Metal Gear Acid rom which would be totally fine as you have the original and are just wanting a back-up copy aren't you.
Haircut_10017/10/2019 12:22

You can definitely hack a Vita. Check out the Vitahacks Reddit sub, …You can definitely hack a Vita. Check out the Vitahacks Reddit sub, they'll be able to guide you through the process and of how to install the various emulators on it (and check this page Here). One thing though is to make sure you don't upgrade to the newest Vita firmware that was just released by Sony, make sure your Vita has automatic updates disabled in the settings menu. You can also just play Metal Gear Acid on any PC, just download the PPSSPP emulator and then theoretically one could search the internet for the Metal Gear Acid rom which would be totally fine as you have the original and are just wanting a back-up copy aren't you.

It’s definitely a back-up 100% backup. I think the problem is my vita has updated I don’t have easy access to a PC I use my partners laptop when she’s over.
emodan17/10/2019 12:19

Do you have a smartphone?PSP and Megadrive can be emulated on most, …Do you have a smartphone?PSP and Megadrive can be emulated on most, however PS2 emulation needs a PC.https://www.androidauthority.com/best-psp-emulators-android-748160/https://www.androidauthority.com/best-sega-genesis-emulators-692225/

I have an iPhone so don’t think that’s viable is it?
DanSpaghetti17/10/2019 12:26

It’s definitely a back-up 100% backup. I think the problem is my vita has u …It’s definitely a back-up 100% backup. I think the problem is my vita has updated I don’t have easy access to a PC I use my partners laptop when she’s over. I have an iPhone so don’t think that’s viable is it?

No, it's not going to happen with an iPhone unfortunately. To be honest though if you can't get your Vita hacked (and the latest firmware only came out the other day so you should be fine) you could always just buy a cheap PSP as they can be had inexpensively on eBay, and easily hack that to turn it in to a handheld emulator for Megadrive and PS1 games. You can also get a micro SD card (you'll need to buy an adapter for a quid or two) and fill it full of PSP iso files so you can play all your games from the card rather than having to carry around a load of UMDS (and it saves battery life as well as the PSP doesn't have to mechanically spin a disc around).
Edited by: "Haircut_100" 17th Oct
Haircut_10017/10/2019 12:41

No, it's not going to happen with an iPhone unfortunately. To be honest …No, it's not going to happen with an iPhone unfortunately. To be honest though if you can't get your Vita hacked (and the latest firmware only came out the other day so you should be fine) you could always just buy a cheap PSP as they can be had inexpensively on eBay, and easily hack that to turn it in to a handheld emulator for Megadrive and PS1 games. You can also get a micro SD card (you'll need to buy an adapter for a quid or two) and fill it full of PSP iso files so you can play all your games from the card rather than having to carry around a load of UMDS (and it saves battery life as well as the PSP doesn't have to mechanically spin a disc around).

INeresting didn't realising you could hack a PSP could you out like a sega emulator on it? Looking to play ESWAT again also. So my best option if my vita has updated would be to buy a psp and then hack that?
A PS Vita hack is more long winded than PSP but it’s an awesome bit of kit when done properly, if you can bare with the process. I found YouTube videos were the easiest way to do it.
WatchThisSpac317/10/2019 14:48

A PS Vita hack is more long winded than PSP but it’s an awesome bit of kit …A PS Vita hack is more long winded than PSP but it’s an awesome bit of kit when done properly, if you can bare with the process. I found YouTube videos were the easiest way to do it.

My partner she’s the computer whiz. So as long as I haven’t updated the psvita it should be doable?
DanSpaghetti17/10/2019 14:52

My partner she’s the computer whiz. So as long as I haven’t updated the psv …My partner she’s the computer whiz. So as long as I haven’t updated the psvita it should be doable?

Yeah I can’t remember what the firmware needs to be but if it hasn’t been updated in a while that should be good enough! There’s quite a lot to it but if it’s followed through there shouldn’t be any issues!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants