Groups

Metal Gear Solid Online Beta servers collapse!

Banned
    IMPORTANT NOTICE for all
    METAL GEAR ONLINE PREMIERE BETA players

We would like to thank all players for their keen interest in taking part in the beta test.
    However, we regret to inform you that due to extraordinary levels of traffic from all around the globe, we have been unable to run the service to the level we expected.
    As a temporary measure, we will be suspending the European public beta test and restart it once we stabilize our server.
    We would like to apologize for all inconveniences as well as confusion caused.

We would like to add that due to the above reasons, we will be making the following changes to the schedule:

1) Suspend beta test: As of 21/04/2008 08:00(CEST)
    2) Restart date: TBA. We will be making another announcement on 22/04/2008 08:00(CEST)
    3) Beta Test closure: This will now be on 11/05/2008 at 24:00(CEST) rather than 06/05/2008 at 24:00(CEST)

18 Comments

You get what you pay for with the ps3 though

Original Poster Banned

deathtrap3000;1936937

This site has waaaaaaaaayy too many fanboys! :whistling:

Note the ps3 is now outselling the 360 in the US and Europe. People have seen the light

Lol

Konami and Sony really need to pull their finger out I smell this happening with Home too. I am seriously not impressed.

csiman;1936960

This site has waaaaaaaaayy too many fanboys! :whistling:Note the ps3 is … This site has waaaaaaaaayy too many fanboys! :whistling:Note the ps3 is now outselling the 360 in the US and Europe. People have seen the light ;)Lol

anyone else see the irony in this statement.....:whistling:

gari189;1937795

lol it was quite funny.

360 as been out longer and seems to be past its peak selling point. PS3 seems to be coming into that now :P

i still wont be getting a ps3 untill they are around 200 tho :P

360 will keep me going till then:)

nacider;1936970

Konami and Sony really need to pull their finger out I smell this … Konami and Sony really need to pull their finger out I smell this happening with Home too. I am seriously not impressed.

It's a beta and part of the test would be to see how the servers hold up to heavy traffic.

As for Home beta, that is stable and Sony are adding more content to it at every update.

I hate to say it but when Tomm posted the information about MGS being available to Europe - my first thoughts were that the developers probably thought it was too flaky for the US beta testers.....

gari189;1937866

I hate to say it but when Tomm posted the information about MGS being … I hate to say it but when Tomm posted the information about MGS being available to Europe - my first thoughts were that the developers probably thought it was too flaky for the US beta testers.....

? There is a US beta test too.

gari189;1937795

I think that's why he put this bit in...

csiman;1936960

Lol

Original Poster Banned

Flodd;1937896

I think that's why he put this bit in...

At least someone spotted I was attempting some humour :thumbsup:

typical ps£

Original Poster Banned

harvie316;1938835

typical ps£

????? :w00t::roll:

deathtrap3000;1936937

Halo 3 much?:whistling:

stora;1937883

? There is a US beta test too.

US Beta testers need to apply.

aint they got Dedicated servers and stuff. strong fail

t0mm;1938860

How did you know:p

t0mm;1938860

Why does everyone assume that every 360 owner is a Halo 3 fanboy! I havent even played it as im not bothered with it and nor has the majority of 360 owners I know and the ones that did didnt like it much.

ryouga;1940278

Why does everyone assume that every 360 owner is a Halo 3 fanboy! I … Why does everyone assume that every 360 owner is a Halo 3 fanboy! I havent even played it as im not bothered with it and nor has the majority of 360 owners I know and the ones that did didnt like it much.

we would call them [insert ps3 game here if they were any good ones on the ps£ here] FANBOY!

like they do with halo

....jus sayin
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. cheapest way to Get from BRIDLINGTON TO ACCRINGTON ??44
      2. Large card print/poster..11
      3. DVD storage33
      4. Iphone 7 - What Case?614

See more discussions