metro bank phone interview

Found 2nd Mar 2015
i have applied for the role of amaze direct representative.
Just want to get an idea on what they talk about as its a phone interview?
Any helps beneficial, thanks in advance
Community Updates
AskiPhonePhones
20 Comments
I think they phoned me once, their first question was what are you wearing?
Error440

I think they phoned me once, their first question was what are you … I think they phoned me once, their first question was what are you wearing?

No one has ever asked you that X)
was the second why don't you take it off...slowly?
Error440

I think they phoned me once, their first question was what are you … I think they phoned me once, their first question was what are you wearing?

sowotsdis

was the second why don't you take it off...slowly?

Seriously, you need to get out more.
id rather you keep to the topic and help out....
you started it
What is an " Amaze Direct Representative " ?
kilo12kc

Customer service repheres a … Customer service repheres a linkhttps://isw.changeworknow.co.uk/metro_bank/vms/e/stores/positions/d3h2tUTCPdCQnU4rOwCE_K

Thanks, it all looks like bull **** to me.oO
Inactive

Thanks, it all looks like bull **** to me.oO

care to elaborate?
kilo12kc

care to elaborate?

" Then come and join the Revolution! "

Seems grossly OTT to me, straight out of an American Training Manual..
Inactive

" Then come and join the Revolution! " Seems grossly OTT to me, … " Then come and join the Revolution! " Seems grossly OTT to me, straight out of an American Training Manual..

OK...
so how does it look like bull ****
just by that quote?
Edited by: "kilo12kc" 3rd Mar 2015
kilo12kc

OK...so how does it look like bull ****just by that quote?

That and the rest of the language used ie turning customers in to Fans, .... pass me a bucket.
These are nothing out of the ordinary.

Unless you can get hold of the role competencies, I would suggest that you pick out the key points as stated and be ready to give an example of when you have delivered or achieved against these.

For example:

"1.Ensuring Customers are turned into FANS by delivering Amaze(ing) Customer Service on the phone" - might lead to the question "Tell me about a time when you amazed a customer"

You would need to be able to recall a specific example, don't forget to tell them how you knew you had amazed the customer.

Hope this helps and good luck.

Is it any wonder that the banks have lost the confidence of their customer base, when they employ such pathetic language to answer customer questions.

I don't want to be " amazed " I expect a straightforward, honest answer to any question that I pose.

Keep it simple and honest.

Metro Bank is now off of my shopping list.
sometimes HUKDer *amaze* me ..... !!!!!

some of you don't live in the modern world !

you would be the first to moan about bad customer service but when a business tries to do something to improve their business / differentiate from the norm ....... then you crisise .... unbelievable !

In the 21st century that is hw business move forward … do something different …. Offer over and above what the average customer would expect …. This is called mindset changing …. Some HUKDer should consider it 

OP – all I can say is do your research, read all you can about MetroBank, visit a branch if you can and see how the staff interact with customers, and read every word and digest the terminology from the job advert. Then during the phone interview, stay calm, breathe deeply and speak slowly. Think about your answers, the interviewer is not expecting off the cuff replies, they will much rather you take a few seconds to think and say something sensible / interesting / informative. Oh – and don’t use slang / colloquialisms.

And ….. good luck ….

EliTom
other thoughts for OP

a phone interview will be a first sort / filtering interview only so unlikely to be very specific questions about the job or bank. Much more likey to be about YOU!

so some other tips ... other than those in my last post

listen carefully to the questions and answer them in a clear elloquant manner

Think about what the job would mean to you and what you could offer - these are basic questions they may ask

but they are more likey to be interested in how you come across ....

so - do not mumble / do not use slang etc ..... keep cool and speak like you would want to be spoken to in a bank environment.

oh .... and sound enthusiastic !

hth

EliTom
Make up some stories how you got an angry cutomer to calm down and buy more from your company.

"Customer is always right" Blah blah blah

Be cheerful, also ask them questions.
elitom

sometimes HUKDer *amaze* me ..... !!!!!some of you don't live in the … sometimes HUKDer *amaze* me ..... !!!!!some of you don't live in the modern world !you would be the first to moan about bad customer service but when a business tries to do something to improve their business / differentiate from the norm ....... then you crisise .... unbelievable !In the 21st century that is hw business move forward … do something different …. Offer over and above what the average customer would expect …. This is called mindset changing …. Some HUKDer should consider it OP – all I can say is do your research, read all you can about MetroBank, visit a branch if you can and see how the staff interact with customers, and read every word and digest the terminology from the job advert. Then during the phone interview, stay calm, breathe deeply and speak slowly. Think about your answers, the interviewer is not expecting off the cuff replies, they will much rather you take a few seconds to think and say something sensible / interesting / informative. Oh – and don’t use slang / colloquialisms. And ….. good luck ….EliTom

I much prefer good old fashioned real customer service, I don't need it dressing up in American type hype, or bull **** as I prefer to call it.

How " amazing " is that ?
Inactive

I much prefer good old fashioned real customer service, I don't need it … I much prefer good old fashioned real customer service, I don't need it dressing up in American type hype, or bull **** as I prefer to call it.How " amazing " is that ?

so the concept of exceeding customer expectations is not valid for you then .......

EliTom
elitom

so the concept of exceeding customer expectations is not valid for you … so the concept of exceeding customer expectations is not valid for you then .......EliTom

Nope, just a quick and polite solution to my problem will do just fine.

Anything else is pure bull ****.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants