Groups

MGS4 to have 90 minute long cutscenes - Puts me off buying it!

Banned
    MGS4s story is massive. The videogame equivalent of all three Godfather movies on one disc, comments the latest edition of UK mag PSW. As youd expect, youll spend a lot of time watching cut-scenes, so if you found previous games story exposition laborious, then youd better find yourself a nice cushion and plenty of teabags in readiness for MGS4s.

The magazine then goes on to reminds us They can be skipped, but youll be missing out on some of the finally crafted examples of FMV footage anywhere in gaming.

Hideo Kojima is either crazy or a blooming genius. We still have not decided yet.

darkzero.co.uk/gam…es/

31 Comments

just a long as cutscences on other MGS games

Just incase people dont know this is Metal Gear Solid 4.

Original Poster Banned

guru_the;2184071

just a long as cutscences on other MGS games

90 minutes in just one cut scene?

I really couldnt get into a game where there are cut scenes as long as films!

90mins cut scenes and 10 mins game play, also this doesn't include the radio conversations.....long.... reminds me of Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty.

Original Poster Banned

Alfonse;2184145

90mins cut scenes and 10 mins game play, also this doesn't include the … 90mins cut scenes and 10 mins game play, also this doesn't include the radio conversations.....long.... reminds me of Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty.

I'll give it a go from lovefilm as its free

got gta4 from there a day after it came out :w00t:

Im sure they denied this the other day...

who would want to watch a 90 min cut scene? its just crazy... ull have to devote so much time to playing it... put lots of time aside just to have a "quick go" its silly.

SteJosh;2184220

Im sure they denied this the other day...who would want to watch a 90 min … Im sure they denied this the other day...who would want to watch a 90 min cut scene? its just crazy... ull have to devote so much time to playing it... put lots of time aside just to have a "quick go" its silly.

Eternal Sonata's ending was 45mins long.

:w00t:

surely not 90mins in ONE cut

do they mean overall

Original Poster Banned

Quote:-

The news comes from PSW magazine, who's been and finished MGS4, and then promptly whispered in our ears about the shocking 90-minute cut-scenes. The latest issue hits newsstands today, by the way.

We were expecting long story sequences (MGS2 approached the 45 minute mark in one) but an hour and a half of cinematics was unexpected.

The good news is that you can now skip or pause the scenes. Hands up though, how many of you are actually going to sit through the full 90 minutes?

"MGS4's story is massive. The videogame equivalent of all three Godfather movies on one disc," says the mag.

"As you'd expect, you'll spend
    a lot of time watching cut-scenes, so if you found previous games' story exposition laborious, then you'd better find yourself a nice cushion and plenty of teabags in readiness for MGS4's.

"They can be skipped, but you'll be missing out on some of the finely crafted examples of FMV footage anywhere in gaming," the article boldly proclaims.

lol @ the ps£

Original Poster Banned

black gerbil1;2184262

lol @ the ps£

oh dear............... :roll:

Publicity stunt, mistranslation, lie (remember, it is Sony we're talking about), or excruciatingly bad storytelling, I'd guess. Probably all three.

dxx;2184366

Publicity stunt, mistranslation, lie (remember, it is Sony we're talking … Publicity stunt, mistranslation, lie (remember, it is Sony we're talking about), or excruciatingly bad storytelling, I'd guess. Probably all three.

Have you played a MGS game? :w00t:

Dont forget the 4.6GB install

Ad for the 90 min cut scene, i think it will probably be the ending + credits

I've read that you can pause cut scenes in MGS4

Original Poster Banned

dxx;2184366

Publicity stunt, mistranslation, lie (remember, it is Sony we're talking … Publicity stunt, mistranslation, lie (remember, it is Sony we're talking about), or excruciatingly bad storytelling, I'd guess. Probably all three.

"The news comes from PSW magazine, who's been and finished MGS4"

Alfonse;2184390

Have you played a MGS game? :w00t:

Yep. Okay, admittedly it was the first one, and it was only for three minutes and about ten years ago, but still. Are they really that bad?

This isn't true! The cut scenes are not 90 mins! You've fallen for a hoax.

Original Poster Banned

ferret1603;2184527

Care to share where you read that it is a hoax?

Original Poster Banned

ferret1603;2184527

PSW magazine fell for the hoax too then huh :whistling:

computerandvideogames.com/art…cvg

ferret1603;2184527

You do know that Sons of Liberty had a 45min cutscene.........

Original Poster Banned

ferret1603;2184665

Here you go. It was debunked 5 days ago! … Here you go. It was debunked 5 days ago! http://dailygamesnews.blogspot.com/2008/05/gamepro-kills-mgs4-90-minute-cut-scene.html

probably just very lengthy then. personally, I get bored after 2-3 minutes of cut scenes. :-D

Banned

lol wow nice going posting news that was proven false 5 days ago

90 min cut scenes dont matter to these of us who dont have ADHD also you can pause them which makes me not care even more

A rumor was flying around the internet that MGS4 would have 90 minute cut-scenes. Well a Gamepro editor says this rumor is false.

"I've beat the game twice, and am the author of the forthcoming [GamePro] review," Shuman said. "Ninety-minute-long cinemas in MGS4 sounds like an exaggeration. Like the other MGS games, MGS4 definitely has a cinematic quality. And yes, some of the cut-scenes in the game are elaborate and occasionally lengthy. But not a one, to my recollection, even approaches 90 minutes."

Original Poster Banned

Proximo;2184904

lol wow nice going posting news that was proven false 5 days ago90 min … lol wow nice going posting news that was proven false 5 days ago90 min cut scenes dont matter to these of us who dont have ADHD also you can pause them which makes me not care even more

Its not proven false yet! its one blogs view against PSW (who have also completed the game).

Look before you leap :-D

Original Poster Banned

Buttmonk3y;2184976

And yes, some of the cut-scenes in the game are elaborate and … And yes, some of the cut-scenes in the game are elaborate and occasionally lengthy. But not a one, to my recollection, even approaches 90 minutes."

not one approaches 90 mins could be interpreted as only 60 minutes. Even that is excessive in my book. Whilst i like games to have a cinematic feel, I don't want to watch a movie, I want to be playing :thumbsup:

Banned

csiman;2185137

Its not proven false yet! its one blogs view against PSW (who have also … Its not proven false yet! its one blogs view against PSW (who have also completed the game).Look before you leap :-D

the mgs series are notorious for having long cut scenes and being very cinematic in nature, almost half movie/ half game, personally I appreciate that in this day and age of games like army of two where players are offered a quick fix of violence and guns with little substance behind it all,

GTA 4 had alot of cut scenes.

Original Poster Banned

yinujim;2185277

GTA 4 had alot of cut scenes.

yes but a perfect length of 30-120 seconds not 60 minutes

Banned

csiman;2185376

yes but a perfect length of 30-120 seconds not 60 minutes

lol first 90 and now 60 mins?

the fact is no one has said how long the longest cut scene will be, and the only person to comment said that not one approached anywhere near 90 minutes

yawwwwn
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Back to school: what's your views on your kids uniform and piercing rules e…1223
      2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …3411235
      3. Best advert ever to be seen.2023
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846326

See more discussions