MI FIT BAND 2 FAULTY - GEARBEST

Hello -

I bought the above around Xmas for a gift from Gearbest. It has now developed a fault on the heart monitor readout on the band. Various messages to Gearbest have resulted in them saying because it is outside the 45 day policy, they have offered a minimal refund to keep the faulty device - or returning it to China at my expense for them to repair it.

I feel neither are appropriate!

Have any other members had experience of this from Gearbest; or can anyone offer any advice?

Best wishes jeff

16 Comments

hi jeff,have you been to docs/a and e.you could have a heart problem . p.s.buy chink buy twice

Had same issue with them, luckily the item was only £15, they only offered money off against the new item. I steer clear of gearbest from now on. How much was the band? If was of high value might be worth going through a charge back through credit card?

Original Poster

I always like the humour on HUKD - even yours!!!! - great reply - keep it up

Original Poster

thanks for replying

What is the fault? I do recall there was a problem with the mi band 2 heart sensor but thought it had been fixed?

I've got a mi band 2 as well but don't actually use the heart rate sensor unless it's detecting whether I'm sleeping.

Some bloke who calls himself Alice will be along soon to offer assistance.

Original Poster

The fault is the heart sensor - not detecting a pulse on either side of the wrist - it did to start with !

Original Poster

Good - does he have a restaurant?

had same problem with both mine-and bluetooth pairing stopped to, so cant change or update anything. Havnt even bothered contacting them to replace.

Unfortunately that's how Gearbest operate. Regardless of where you bought your product and by that I mean whichever one of their warehouses, everything must be shipped back to China at the customers expense. I'm not sure whether it was applicable at the time of your purchase or you meet their criteria, but I know PayPal are offering up to 15€ to cover return shipping costs, if you used them as a means of payment.

Hi jeff333,

Could you please kindly send me your order number for re-checking ?
I am helpful to offer the best solution to you

Gearbest Store Rep.Alice
You can contact me here : Alice@gearbest.com

That's the risk with buying from China unfortunately. They are happy to take your money but if something goes wrong, don't expect much. I bought 2 phones from China, first one still working. The second one I bought from my wife was faulty and (this was from one of their warehouse in EU by the way), all i could get was some money back and keep the faulty phone, or send the phone back to China (not an EU location) at my cost. I took the first option and cut my loss. Would I buy again electronic item from China, no for the only reason that you don't have an after sale service (I know that 99.9% of electronic items come from China, but if you buy from the like of Amazon, you have some kind of protection)

Original Poster

Thanks for great reply

Try syncing it to the app and measuring your heart rate on the app. It also doesn't work whilst exercising. The app will force through updates that make it more reliable.

jeff333

Hello -I bought the above around Xmas for a gift from Gearbest. It … Hello -I bought the above around Xmas for a gift from Gearbest. It has now developed a fault on the heart monitor readout on the band. Various messages to Gearbest have resulted in them saying because it is outside the 45 day policy, they have offered a minimal refund to keep the faulty device - or returning it to China at my expense for them to repair it.I feel neither are appropriate!Have any other members had experience of this from Gearbest; or can anyone offer any advice?Best wishes jeff

I assume quoting consumer rights to these people doesn't get you anywhere??? Maybe try speaking with your bank see if they are willing to help reverse the transaction....? If any time you can pay these companies with PayPal, then do so.

For the first 6 months it's up to the company to prove you caused a fault, otherwise it's safe to assume the product was faulty when purchased and the responsibility falls on the retailer. Gearbest and all those (eglobal, etc) sites don't have the best reputation for customer service as they're based in China. Happy to take your money and send you some cheap junk, but that's all. You get what you pay for.... there's a reason they're so cheap!

xfaxfa

I assume quoting consumer rights to these people doesn't get you … I assume quoting consumer rights to these people doesn't get you anywhere??? Maybe try speaking with your bank see if they are willing to help reverse the transaction....? If any time you can pay these companies with PayPal, then do so. For the first 6 months it's up to the company to prove you caused a fault, otherwise it's safe to assume the product was faulty when purchased and the responsibility falls on the retailer. Gearbest and all those (eglobal, etc) sites don't have the best reputation for customer service as they're based in China. Happy to take your money and send you some cheap junk, but that's all. You get what you pay for.... there's a reason they're so cheap!

​UK law is not binding in foreign countries.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Laser eye surgery33
    2. Selling advice33
    3. Kia Rio 1.0 T-GDI (petrol) vs Rio 1.4 CRDI (diesel)711
    4. Job Centre sending text to confirm appointment33

See more discussions