Mi-Light - Your views?

Found 12th Apr
Looking at going for smart lights as im getting some work done around the house.

Have been looking at Philips Hue - However for the amount of bulbs I would need (Gu10) it would work out so pricey!

I've seen Mi-Light - Mainly this package on Amazon amazon.co.uk/Mi-…h=1

Im guessing to use this via my phone I would need to purchase their hub. However I was wondering if anyone else here uses Mi-Lights and what you think of them.
Community Updates
  1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
12 Comments
the mi light you are looking at is not from xiaomi
Original Poster
So you wouldn't recommend the one in the link?

How about lights from milight.com
both are cheap chinese knockoffs. its entirely up to you. not many people will be even able to comment on reliability.
buy cheap, buy twice
What are you looking to achieve controls wise?
i got few yeelight and xioami philips. they are alright. cheap and still running. most importantly working perfect with openhab.
Original Poster
I've found these ones which seem quite well reviewed.

amazon.co.uk/dp/…_it

Looking to be able to set the mood really. Having 5 spotlights installed in the ceiling and two up/downlighters on the wall.

From what i've read, the Phillips Hue GU10's wont be able to fit the spotlights - Where as the ones i've linked above will.

Ideally im guessing i'll need some kind of hub to assisit with this. One thing I really wanted to the disco lights, however looks like thats a Hue exclusive.
The yeelights are great for lamps and such lighting. Because the bulbs only come in one size, having them around the house as main lights might prove to be difficult.

If you want smart lighting that's reliable and you have options, the hue might be your only choice
Ikea TRÅDFRI are pretty much the cheapest GU10s you can buy. You can get the disable white ones at £7 a light and white spectrum for £12. They work with the Hue hub if you want to get that eventually too. Their range is going to expand quite a bit over the next few years too, they’ve just added the driver for strip lighting and I hear sockets are coming soon

i use hue, with a few Ikea lights added in too, the GU10 and e14 are really cheap, but hue is by far the best, I’d keep anything Xiaomi and the other chineese knockoffs off my home network.
Edited by: "Dannyrobbo" 12th Apr
Original Poster
Thanks for all the comments. I've looked at the IKEA GU10's - Think I might go with that option for the white bulbs. Shame they dont do colour changing ones yet.
Unless you need colours or dimmers then a sonoff basic will work perfectly and is well supported for under £5...
powerful_Rogue7 h, 15 m ago

Thanks for all the comments. I've looked at the IKEA GU10's - Think I …Thanks for all the comments. I've looked at the IKEA GU10's - Think I might go with that option for the white bulbs. Shame they dont do colour changing ones yet.

Its still a limited range, but they have been pretty solid so far I’m made up with them. They don’t dim quite as much but overall they have been really good!!
Original Poster
I think for the coloured GU10's im going to give these a go.
amazon.co.uk/dp/…-21

Plus they are the same size as normal GU10's so should fit nicely.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants