Mi Mix 2s Hospot VPN Issue

Found 3rd Aug
Calling ALL Mi Mix 2s User, Please may i ask for you're help. I connect my laptop to my Mi Mix via the hotspot all works fine no issues jump out, but when trying to turn on my VPN on my laptop it wont connect, if you have a mi mix 2s and a VPN subscription (or try one for free) i would grateful if you could try it and see what results you get.
My Spec
Mi Mix 2s Global Version (9.5.20.0(ODGMIFA)
EE Network (although ruled it out its not EE )
Windows 10 Asus Laptop & Apple Macbook Pro (same issue on both devices)
Things Ive Tried / Ruled Out
Reset Network Settings ( Nothing Changed)
Tried 2 Different Phones With My Sim Card (Successful VPN Connects)
Tried a Different Sim Card In My Phone (Vodafone & EE Unsuccessful No VPN Connects)
Connected To Home WIFI (Successful VPN Connects)

So with the things ive tried it points to be a Xiaomi Mi Mix 2s but id like to know if this is only My Device or if its a global issue on all of them.

if you try please let me know your outcome. im also open to suggestions if you have any
Community Updates
Ask
3 Comments
The Chinese and VPN’s are sworn enemies . Can you put a different rom on your phone and try that?

what about enabling the VPN on the phone and then going on personal hotspot
Edited by: "Dannyrobbo" 3rd Aug
Dannyrobbo11 m ago

The Chinese and VPN’s are sworn enemies . Can you put a different rom on y …The Chinese and VPN’s are sworn enemies . Can you put a different rom on your phone and try that?what about enabling the VPN on the phone and then going on personal hotspot

they are indeed but they even allow a VPN on the device itself. could put a different rom on but that is last resort. im hoping someone else with the same phone says theirs works and then i know its just my phone and not a global issue
PSP918 h, 6 m ago

they are indeed but they even allow a VPN on the device itself. could put …they are indeed but they even allow a VPN on the device itself. could put a different rom on but that is last resort. im hoping someone else with the same phone says theirs works and then i know its just my phone and not a global issue

Yeah but an on device vpn is still totally within their control for monitoring purposes if they really needed to. A new rom is the way to go I think I can’t see a reason it wouldn’t let an external Device use a VPN unless they actively blocked it
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions