Groups

Michael Owen brochure has been sent to Premier League clubs for a FREE transfer lol

I really did lol as I read the article of the desperation and lack of interest in the once prolific striker that is Michael Owen.
    He's apparantly received some interest from abroad but he's eager to remain in the premier league, so a media agency has circulated a brochure about the former England striker in order to cement his departure from Newcastle on a free transfer but there's still yet to be any takers. lol

What does everyone think about this? lol
    Should this offer be moved to freebies, since he's on a free transfer? lol

31 Comments

I feel sorry for him, think Man U should have him and thats a bargain for Man U, as all Man U bargains end up being awesome players EVRA, CANTONA, VIDIC, SOLSKJAER, Schmeichel and IRWIN to name a few :thumbsup:

Original Poster

I think he'll eventually sign for someone but it must be signed on a "pay as you play" contract terms until he can prove his fitness...he's barely played at all since signing for Newcastle for £18m

It's a shame because I've always liked Michael Owen.

realfriendlyman;5488020

I think he'll eventually sign for someone but it must be signed on a "pay … I think he'll eventually sign for someone but it must be signed on a "pay as you play" contract terms until he can prove his fitness...he's barely played at all since signing for Newcastle for £18mIt's a shame because I've always liked Michael Owen.

Ahhh hes just gone down hill now....shame indeed

Original Poster

h2k92;5488026

Ahhh hes just gone down hill now....shame indeed

I'm sure he can still do a job for a lot of clubs when he's fully fit.

I can't believe Owen and his agents had to stoop to such a level where they had to send out brochures, including to Everton, who is the local rival of his hometown club....times must be getting hard. :roll:

Bring him back to liverpool i say. Should never of left, and neither should Torres , Man U should go away

spobby;5488267

Bring him back to liverpool i say. Should never of left, and neither … Bring him back to liverpool i say. Should never of left, and neither should Torres , Man U should go away

Yup - Liverpool could do with him

spobby;5488267

Bring him back to liverpool i say. Should never of left, and neither … Bring him back to liverpool i say. Should never of left, and neither should Torres , Man U should go away

Oh yes i hear Sir Alex is going after Torres :w00t:

I did LOL when I read this earlier. Doesn't it smack of desperation?
    TBH I don't think my U9's would even sign him as he will always know the medical staff better than the 1st team coach. Shame, but I think his playing days are behind him now. Even a tin-pot team on Hackney Marshes would be reluctant.
    Horse racing. That's where his future lies now.

My understanding is that he's going to Everton

(but I've been wrong before)

We'll see . . . . . . .

Banned

You can have him.
    He did nothing here!

Original Poster

kyalion;5488693

I did LOL when I read this earlier. Doesn't it smack of desperation?TBH I … I did LOL when I read this earlier. Doesn't it smack of desperation?TBH I don't think my U9's would even sign him as he will always know the medical staff better than the 1st team coach. Shame, but I think his playing days are behind him now. Even a tin-pot team on Hackney Marshes would be reluctant.Horse racing. That's where his future lies now.

Doesn't it?
    I've never heard of a player begging to be signed on a free transfer to practically any team that's interested.
    I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up remaining at Newcastle until the midseason transfer window when he proves himself in the lower leagues...I think he may actually need that to show his true form because he's a shadow of the player he was only a few years ago as one of the biggest names in football.

Pluun;5489220

You can have him.He did nothing here!

Who says we want him? :giggle:

He was arguably the biggest flop of Newcastle...breaking the record transfer and costing you LOADS in wages and I'm sure it was a huge signing on fee as well...and now you're going to lose him for free with barely anything to show for it.

it's a shame he couldn't keep up his fitness, as I believe he really would of supplied the goals to keep you in the premier league.

Supermod

Pluun;5489220

You can have him.He did nothing here!

....lack of creativity from your team. He would score heaps more goals at Man Utd for this reason alone.

Original Poster

magicjay1986;5489279

....lack of creativity from your team. He would score heaps more goals at … ....lack of creativity from your team. He would score heaps more goals at Man Utd for this reason alone.

He would score goals at any team that creates chances but he can't do it while he's always on sick leave. :whistling:

I seriously think Owen has to prove himself in the lower leagues for at least a few months in order to move to a big club again and what better place when Newcastles current squad is probably the best in the Championship...providing they keep the majority of their squad.

Newcastles current squad is probably the best in the Championship

Carlsberg don't do miracles

Supermod

realfriendlyman;5489331

He would score goals at any team that creates chances but he can't do it … He would score goals at any team that creates chances but he can't do it while he's always on sick leave. :whistling:I seriously think Owen has to prove himself in the lower leagues for at least a few months in order to move to a big club again and what better place when Newcastles current squad is probably the best in the Championship...providing they keep the majority of their squad.

...he did even score goals for Newcastle when he first went there and was fit...:whistling:

h2k92;5488527

Oh yes i hear Sir Alex is going after Torres :w00t:

for £40 apparently, although liverpool rejected a £50 bid from chelsea and a £60 bid from man city last year

Original Poster

dontasciime;5489394

Carlsberg don't do miracles

I was thinking of the exact same thing when I originally made the comment. :giggle:

On paper, it's a good mid table premier league team but in reality, it's a gutless team with the worst board in the world, that has destabilised the entire squad, who don't know what's happening...there's no security with an all time moral low.

magicjay1986;5489478

...he did even score goals for Newcastle when he first went there and was … ...he did even score goals for Newcastle when he first went there and was fit...:whistling:

He did score a bit but he was never 100% fit for long periods if at all...he needed a string of games to show his true form and half decent chances created by his teammates.

TomWilkoLFC;5489494

for £40 apparently, although liverpool rejected a £50 bid from chelsea a … for £40 apparently, although liverpool rejected a £50 bid from chelsea and a £60 bid from man city last year

I can't see Rafa selling up, especially how stupid Fergie went on about selling Heinze to his bitter rivals, so if the rumours are true, I'm sure Rafa will bring up the previous scenario. :whistling:

The whole team is modelled around Gerrard and Torres, so if Rafa was to sell either of those players, it would be against his wishes, but you never know in football these days...especially with debt ridden owners having too much control in team affairs.

I feel sorry for the bloke.

The bloke is a proven goalscorer and not many english strikers can say that. He has played for one of the biggest clubs in the world at madrid and also liverpool, his england scoring record is phenomenal and he is still only 29.

The thing is some people like to see people struggle and yes michael owen has struggled with form but he has also struggled with injuries, and when you are constantly injured its difficult to get a good run going. The other thing is he has been playing for a weak team for over 2 years and you are only as good as the players around you. And unfortunately when you are a striker like owen who relies on good service playing at a club like newcastle was only going to make him suffer.

Im a man utd fan and if we signed him i would delighted.

He is a lso a very nice bloke and a proper professional...not many of them around now!

brettytopbanana;5489796

I feel sorry for the bloke.The bloke is a proven goalscorer and not many … I feel sorry for the bloke.The bloke is a proven goalscorer and not many english strikers can say that. He has played for one of the biggest clubs in the world at madrid and also liverpool, his england scoring record is phenomenal and he is still only 29.The thing is some people like to see people struggle and yes michael owen has struggled with form but he has also struggled with injuries, and when you are constantly injured its difficult to get a good run going. The other thing is he has been playing for a weak team for over 2 years and you are only as good as the players around you. And unfortunately when you are a striker like owen who relies on good service playing at a club like newcastle was only going to make him suffer.Im a man utd fan and if we signed him i would delighted.He is a lso a very nice bloke and a proper professional...not many of them around now!

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: Well said

Me too. I like Mike myself and wish him well wherever he ends up. You know wherever he ends up he will probably score loads.

Banned

realfriendlyman;5489269

Doesn't it? I've never heard of a player begging to be signed on a free … Doesn't it? I've never heard of a player begging to be signed on a free transfer to practically any team that's interested.

That's 'cos you're not a real fan.

Ever heard of Gary Mabbet?

He had several chances, and if he had of scored one of them it could of been the difference for NUFC. I'll be glad to see the back of him and his 110k a week pay. He played in a poor squad granted but good stikers, Anelka, Torres, Berbatov, Rooney can all create there own chances. Own looked a shadow of his former self, and at present he has the 1st touch of an elephant (or neil ruddock).

first touch bit :lol

Original Poster

guv;5490014

That's 'cos you're not a real fan.Ever heard of Gary Mabbet?

What about the yido, Gary Muppet?

dontasciime;5490036

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsAO2N83vVw&feature=channel_pagesome … http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsAO2N83vVw&feature=channel_pagesome strong language 18 only

That had me in stitches...I hope all spurs have seen this...especially Guv. ;-)

Be warned...don't listen to it with any minors in the room, as there's a lot of swearing going on with how frustrating Spurs are.

Apparently Ruud Van horseface is being allowed to leave for less than £2M, much better imo, but a swan-song back at Anfield would be nice, but only for the Carling Cup.

Original Poster

iCodd;5490118

Apparently Ruud Van horseface is being allowed to leave for less than … Apparently Ruud Van horseface is being allowed to leave for less than £2M, much better imo, but a swan-song back at Anfield would be nice, but only for the Carling Cup.

Spurs only want him to annoy the Arsenals "invisibles" squad....does anyone have a clip of Keown going mental at the biggest horsehead in the world? :giggle:

I'd rather have Di Natale, over Owen

Banned

realfriendlyman;5490131

Spurs only want him to annoy the Arsenals "invisibles" squad....does … Spurs only want him to annoy the Arsenals "invisibles" squad....does anyone have a clip of Keown going mental at the biggest horsehead in the world? :giggle:

I believe you're thinking of Donkey Adams, the drunken Ass. :thumbsup:

BECKHAMNO7;5488010

I feel sorry for him, think Man U should have him and thats a bargain for … I feel sorry for him, think Man U should have him and thats a bargain for Man U, as all Man U bargains end up being awesome players EVRA, CANTONA, VIDIC, SOLSKJAER, Schmeichel and IRWIN to name a few :thumbsup:

How can you feel sorry for him....

He is a runt....

You should feel sorry for his builder... Not as if Owen needed the money..

news.bbc.co.uk/1/h…stm

Who said Michael Owen couldn't get a result

Chiptivo;5490457

How can you feel sorry for him....He is a runt.... You should feel sorry … How can you feel sorry for him....He is a runt.... You should feel sorry for his builder... Not as if Owen needed the money..http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/shropshire/3700765.stm

Parts of his brochure are in the paper today and I have to admit i feel even more sorry for him.
    He is such a good professional and is still relatively young and he can score goals.

Football is a fickle sport with an even fickle following, fans have their views slate players one minute then the next they think they are brilliant.
    Look at heskey, played for england with owen a few years ago, then was slated as a bit of a useless player, bnow he is back in the england set up and people are saying how much of an impact he makes.

To me michael owen is still a world class player and I really wish Manchester united would take a gamble on him, to start off i think he would make a good squad player and who knows maybe after a while he will find his feet and start scoring. He will cost nothing so I really dont see why clubs dont take a gambleon him! His wages are huge but im sure if he had the opportunity to move to a premiership club he would be willing to take a cut in his wages.

I really hope things pick up for him!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What to do?????56
      2. Tradesmen battery power tools.11
      3. Now tv entertainment passes22
      4. Any free Now TV sports passes?33

See more discussions