Groups

Micro ATX Horizontal Case?

Got some old PC parts im going to strip out the current town and i want to rebuild into a smaller case and it has to be Horizontal as i want it in my entertainment unit as it will be loaded with SteamOS so can play on the big screen, But i seem to be struggling to find a cheap but half decent case to meet my requirements?

i will need to purchase a low profile gpu i believe as the current 5950 is old and is falling apart sadly and i dont think it will fit so im hoping someone might have any recommendations. ideally looking under £50

thanks all

6 Comments

coolermaster elite 120 or 130 fit the bill? or did you want a flat htpc case (though these are normally itx)/>

should also fit a full size gpu if you didn't want to swap right away

I used to use a fractal core 1000 on it's side as my media pc as it has buttons and usb ports on the side panel fractal-design.com/hom…-30

Original Poster

coerce86

coolermaster elite 120 or 130 fit the bill? or did you want a flat htpc … coolermaster elite 120 or 130 fit the bill? or did you want a flat htpc case (though these are normally itx)/>should also fit a full size gpu if you didn't want to swap right away

Flat as a cube wont fit in the slot on my unit, ive seen a few micro-atx cases but not many.

Original Poster

emodan

I used to use a fractal core 1000 on it's side as my media pc as it has … I used to use a fractal core 1000 on it's side as my media pc as it has buttons and usb ports on the side panel http://www.fractal-design.com/home/product/cases/core-series/core-1000-usb-30

thanks ideally would prefer it to be a flat case already as they tend to be quite slim and wouldnt look out of place on my unit

Karlf1986

Flat as a cube wont fit in the slot on my unit, ive seen a few micro-atx … Flat as a cube wont fit in the slot on my unit, ive seen a few micro-atx cases but not many.

Thought that might be the case.

Maybe look at some silverstone cases? i.e. amazon.co.uk/Sil…tpc (£55 in amazon warehouse)

Case specs here: silverstonetek.com/pro…283

Edited by: "coerce86" 11th May

If budget is what your looking for, what about this;
    scan.co.uk/pro…wcB
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Shana Tova to all Jewish HUKDers57
      2. love affairs23
      3. The obvious next step become Ken then become Barbie43
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767197

See more discussions