Groups

Micro hi-fi help and ideas welcomed.

Looking for a half decent stereo, requirements are as follows:
    Compact,
    Audio Input to connect to pc
    Decent power (say 100w+)
    Good Bass
    Radio? (not so important as being connected to pc can listen to most stations online)
    Remote control - preffered as I can mount it out of rugrats reach,
    Budget £60-£100
    any suggestions welcome
    for an idea of what im looking for see post 2 - although i'm not sure if these have audio inputs

7 Comments

Original Poster

]Hitachi AX-131U at dixons £99.99 - can get this for £60

]Hitachi AXM71 at dixons £79.99 - can get this for £40

harlzter;1876658

]Hitachi AX-131U at dixons £99.99 - can get this for £60]Hitachi AXM71 at … ]Hitachi AX-131U at dixons £99.99 - can get this for £60]Hitachi AXM71 at dixons £79.99 - can get this for £40

I'm interested too at those prices. Question is how :whistling:

Original Poster

jtx;1876724

I'm interested too at those prices. Question is how :whistling:

Local market, all can be seen working! Most just have very minor (and I mean very minor) cosmetic blemishes, I'm pretty sure from talking to her that those prices are not set in concrete either, so may be flexible, after all the cheaper one is 50% of normal price the other 60%. So long as they have audio input, i'm tempted but dont know which one as the more expensive is less powerful but has DAB and usb (reading from reviews though will only read memory sticks not drives) and dab is not rwuired to to being connected to pc and internet radio, so probably the cheaper one! The more expensive option has digital input so thats sorted, the speakers from the cheaper one have better bass though, but she has offered to throw a pair of those in for the £60

harlzter;1876768

Local market, all can be seen working! Most just have very minor (and I … Local market, all can be seen working! Most just have very minor (and I mean very minor) cosmetic blemishes, I'm pretty sure from talking to her that those prices are not set in concrete either, so may be flexible, after all the cheaper one is 50% of normal price the other 60%. So long as they have audio input, i'm tempted but dont know which one as the more expensive is less powerful but has DAB and usb (reading from reviews though will only read memory sticks not drives) and dab is not rwuired to to being connected to pc and internet radio, so probably the cheaper one! The more expensive option has digital input so thats sorted, the speakers from the cheaper one have better bass though, but she has offered to throw a pair of those in for the £60

No disrespect but it would be hard for me to return the item to your local market should I need to. As such I would recommend the OP buy a 5.1 speaker system for the pc such as
    amazon.co.uk/Cre…-22

Banned

jtx;1877662

No disrespect but it would be hard for me to return the item to your … No disrespect but it would be hard for me to return the item to your local market should I need to. As such I would recommend the OP buy a 5.1 speaker system for the pc such ashttp://www.amazon.co.uk/Creative-Trigue-T6100-Speakers-OEM/dp/B000J4FAYS/ref=pd_sbs_ce?ie=UTF8&qid=1207952938&sr=8-22

the op is local to the market - lol

Original Poster

jtx;1877662

No disrespect but it would be hard for me to return the item to your … No disrespect but it would be hard for me to return the item to your local market should I need to. As such I would recommend the OP buy a 5.1 speaker system for the pc such ashttp://www.amazon.co.uk/Creative-Trigue-T6100-Speakers-OEM/dp/B000J4FAYS/ref=pd_sbs_ce?ie=UTF8&qid=1207952938&sr=8-22

They look amazing! Any ideas about what sort of connection between satellites and amp they have? I'd be looking for bare wire type connections as I'd want to extend them around the room.

Banned

sassie;1877675

the op is local to the market - lol

whooops re-read, sorry ignore me:oops:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. sky q is it a good deal?55
      2. Speccing a gaming pc37
      3. help: windows 10 wifi issue55
      4. Best IPTV Paid service?1721