Micro sd card advice anyone?

Having thought I had found a bargain here on HUKD, I ordered 2 micro sd cards from play.com. Turns out they are HC which I think means High Capacity, and will only work with mobile phones???

Anyway, to cut a long story short, I didn't realise until after the return unwanted date, but I don't seem to be able to get my computer to even recognise them. They are just within the faulty time limit to return, but I'm not sure if they should work on the computer or not? Surely I should be able to download onto them, (neither pc or laptop will register they are there), but don't want to flog faulty goods on ebay which is where they will end up.

Can anyone advise me what I'm doing wrong, or if they just sound faulty? Thanks in advance Niki

11 Comments

Are you using a usb reader - if so is it sdhc compatable?

Sounds faulty to me. they should be recognised by the PC even if it is just to format them

Banned

Plomien;5329404

Sounds faulty to me. they should be recognised by the PC even if it is … Sounds faulty to me. they should be recognised by the PC even if it is just to format them

not if using in a non HC reader, op did they come with card readers?

Original Poster

Using the adapter which came with it, and put it directly into SD slot. It then says "Not accesible, I/O error"

Thanks for your help guys. Just seems odd, that both are the same. (ie both faulty) so what do we think?? I am just missing the obvious, or do they sound faulty? :?

Banned

they arent faulty, my friend had exactly the same probs with her computer and these cards, yet both worked fine on mine, she never sorted the problem so cant help on that front

Tried your printer if you have card slots in that?

Original Poster

Thanks everyone!

Don't have a card reader on my printer, so sadly no luck there.

As for the different card reader, If I used one of those, would I then be able to use it with my AceKard for my nintendo ds? or are they soley for use with a mobile phone?

Again, thank you for all your help / suggestion!

gmwr;5331145

As for the different card reader, If I used one of those, would I then be … As for the different card reader, If I used one of those, would I then be able to use it with my AceKard for my nintendo ds? or are they soley for use with a mobile phone?

They'll work with anything that supports them, there's nothing special about mobile phones.

Banned

gmwr you say you got them off play, was it off paly seller or play iteself as i cant find any 2GB sdhc ones on there? just wondered if a seller on play maye sent you wrong cards to go with wong readers, if you say you purchased a sdhac and it came with a crad reader the reader should be for sdhc

ok ignore that, as my card reader that came with mine doesnt doesnt show either, never used them before i always use a usb one

Banned

dcx_badass;5329622

No I recon your reader just can't read SDHC cards.

Agreed.

Original Poster

Will try to locate someone who might have correct card reader (hopefully someone at work, before I throw any more money at this!) Thanks all you guys! I feel I have learnt abit more! Niki
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17386133
    2. (heads up) Mini SNES price finally dropped on Amazon pre orders68
    3. Ebid over Ebay22
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763999

See more discussions