Micro SD Card not recognised

Posted 22nd Apr
Hoping the HUKD community can help me with this one.

I use a Micro SD card slotted in a USB adaptor to play videos on my TV. The card is now no longer appearing on my PC and laptop. The files still play on the TV and my Chromebook.

I have tried using another USB adaptor, plugged the card directly into my PC, still nothing. I can't re-format the card as no drive letter appears, but the card appears as a drive on the Disk Management program.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

7 Comments
you will lose any data on the card but if it's appearing in disk management you may be able to wipe the partitions using diskpart from the command line

start> type cmd
type diskpart
type list disk and select the SD card
type clean
then either with diskpart (or probably easier if your not a command line fan) you should be able to reformat the card in dismkgmt.msc

Of course if the card is corrupt (as they often do) then none of the above will work

howtogeek.com/235…ms/
Edited by: "Uridium" 22nd Apr
Download some partition software and see if it can be seen in there
Uridium22/04/2020 14:53

you will lose any data on the card but if it's appearing in disk …you will lose any data on the card but if it's appearing in disk management you may be able to wipe the partitions using diskpart from the command linestart> type cmdtype diskparttype list disk and select the SD cardtype cleanthen either with diskpart (or probably easier if your not a command line fan) you should be able to reformat the card in dismkgmt.mscOf course if the card is corrupt (as they often do) then none of the above will workhttps://www.howtogeek.com/235824/how-to-clean-a-flash-drive-sd-card-or-internal-drive-to-fix-partition-and-capacity-problems/

This did the trick, I managed to eventually format it. Cheers
Grantos122/04/2020 15:22

This did the trick, I managed to eventually format it. Cheers

Excellent.
They do wear out, had it happen with my dashcam, a full sized card will be more reliable too, as the contacts are better
esar23/04/2020 01:18

They do wear out, had it happen with my dashcam, a full sized card will be …They do wear out, had it happen with my dashcam, a full sized card will be more reliable too, as the contacts are better

I've never had a problem with Samsung cards, this is less than a year old. I'm thinking it was just a glitch.
Cards play up. Lottery how long they last. Try formatting but if no joy buy a new one.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions