Groups

Micro Sd card slowing phone down

hi, I just put this SD card in my Vodafone smart platinum 7 and it warned me that the SD card was too slow but I put it in anyway, but it has had my phone unbearably slow. I was wondering what micro SD card you could recommend for it to work in my smart platinum? thanks in advance
    amazon.co.uk/gp/…ard

14 Comments

Original Poster

any help would be great:)

If that card has slowed your phone down, then it is a fake.
    Format the card, turn the device off, remove the card, turn the device back on, re-try the card

Original Poster

thanks for the response. I bought the card directly from Amazon though, so it can't be a fake can it?

Bartaz96

thanks for the response. I bought the card directly from Amazon though, … thanks for the response. I bought the card directly from Amazon though, so it can't be a fake can it?

Yes someone else will be able to advise you on free software to verify the card.
    Edited by: "Argoj" 11th Jan

Original Poster

Argoj

Yes someone else will be able to advise you on free software to verify … Yes someone else will be able to advise you on free software to verify the card.

​i have just downloaded an app and it says the card is genuine

Bartaz96

​i have just downloaded an app and it says the card is genuine

​What speed is the card? I think my Samsung is a class 10 which works great in my s7, what class does that phone state it needs?

Original Poster

westy125

​What speed is the card? I think my Samsung is a class 10 which works g … ​What speed is the card? I think my Samsung is a class 10 which works great in my s7, what class does that phone state it needs?

​yeah mine is a class 10 too, but my thinks its too slow!

h2testw.exe, go search for it.

It is free, but defaults to German for some strange reason; language option is obvious though.

It will test the card to see how fast it is at reading and writing data across the whole card, and also test every bit to check the amount of storage available.

It is slow though, expect a 64GB card to take an hour, depending on how fast your computer is.

The advertised speed is very good, but if you are suffering a major slow down, be prepared for the test to show it is a fake, slow speed card.

Must be Android

Downvotes for posting the pure and simple truth. Cretins.

Anyway chap, the card is perfectly rated for your device, and is either fake or faulty
    Call Amazon, explain that they've accidentally supplied you with a lemon, and request a refund to order yourself a replacement

Read/Write speeds don't make a huge difference beyond a certain level. For phones/tablets/raspberry pi you want decent 4k read/write speeds, most are abysmal as the cheap out on it as most people don't know about it. The Samsung Evo+ is pretty decent for it. Sandisk and Toshiba, not so much.

Still try and format it in your phone first.
    Edited by: "dcx_badass" 11th Jan

Original Poster

dcx_badass

Read/Write speeds don't make a huge difference beyond a certain level. … Read/Write speeds don't make a huge difference beyond a certain level. For phones/tablets/raspberry pi you want decent 4k read/write speeds, most are abysmal as the cheap out on it as most people don't know about it. The Samsung Evo+ is pretty decent for it. Sandisk and Toshiba, not so much.Still try and format it in your phone first.

​thanks for the response, I just formatted it in my phone and it has a read of 20 MBS, which is bad isn't it?

Original Poster

Erubadhron

Downvotes for posting the pure and simple truth. Cretins.Anyway chap, the … Downvotes for posting the pure and simple truth. Cretins.Anyway chap, the card is perfectly rated for your device, and is either fake or faulty :)Call Amazon, explain that they've accidentally supplied you with a lemon, and request a refund to order yourself a replacement

​thank you I will try and contact them in the morning:)

Bartaz96

​thanks for the response, I just formatted it in my phone and it has a r … ​thanks for the response, I just formatted it in my phone and it has a read of 20 MBS, which is bad isn't it?

Like I said, it's the 4k read/write that matters if you are running apps from it as that's the speed it can do random read/writes with lots of small files. If you're just using it to store media it shouldn't really matter. If you really want to know run a speed test (crystal diskmark) on it.

The card isn't faulty, the read/write is fine, but the 4k rand read/write which matters when doing lots of small files like running apps is junk. Test the card is genuine with h2testw, test the speeds with crystal diskmark.

Also be aware that card specs change over time, so the current SanDisk Ultra 80MB/s card is junk with slow 4k writes and much worse than the older SanDisk Ultra 45MB/s.

This is someones comment about your card, then compare to some speeds in the table, the Samsung Evo+ is getting 3MB/s, the Toshiba's got 0.298MB/s for one person and 0.088MB/s for another, so at least 10x slower.
    jeffgeerling.com/blo…ard
    pidramble.com/wik…rds

http://i926.photobucket.com/albums/ad103/dcxbadass/toshiba%20micro%20sd%20card%20speed_zpsqqidnaka.jpg

Edited by: "dcx_badass" 11th Jan
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a Free minion usb stick77
      2. Tv choice magazine Issue 391313
      3. Magazine competitions - Issue 38 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1717
      4. totalev.com comp - win an electric car2020

See more discussions