Groups

micro sd help

i have a micro sd card in my fone but all of a sudden the fone issnt pickin the memory card up, ive put my sd card in usb adapter and put in my computer and it says unknown device has been malfunctioned. anyone know wots wrong with it?? thanks

10 Comments

.....normally this happens when the driver of the device gets screwed up. Since this is a card, sounds to me like the death knell has rung on it & its knackered.

Original Poster

sajsaleem;8067096

.....normally this happens when the driver of the device gets screwed up. … .....normally this happens when the driver of the device gets screwed up. Since this is a card, sounds to me like the death knell has rung on it & its knackered.

really, is there anyway to recover all my photos n videos??

bargain buyer;8067112

really, is there anyway to recover all my photos n videos??

nope, had the same problem with my nokia 5800 8gb SD card. there are some recovery software apps but not sure of names. search Hotdeals, or google it

Original Poster

Disco;8067190

nope, had the same problem with my nokia 5800 8gb SD card. there are … nope, had the same problem with my nokia 5800 8gb SD card. there are some recovery software apps but not sure of names. search Hotdeals, or google it

thanks mine was a toshiba with 8gb lol. ok thanks

Problem with the various recovery software is that they assume the device works & that u hv accidentally deleted something. In this this case the card is not being recognised at all which present a very different problem. I'm sure there must be something out there but I'm not aware of any 'quick fix'.

Original Poster

dontasciime;8067210

http://www.piriform.com/recuva

Banned

"phone"

Original Poster

DanJackson;8067301

"phone"

wot u mean phone??

Also the card reader needs to be SDHC capable. Get to a poundland today an they might still have some £1 suprisingly

Make sure they say usb 2 high speed SDHC.

If you know for sure you have one already then try the reader in a different USB port one attached to motherboard (the ones at back) rather than the front of your tower case.

check device properties in device manager under Usb and see if you get any further clues
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Apples new update58
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767162
      3. Royal Mail chat says I am not allowed to send paper of any kind to Hong Kon…1837
      4. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!553745

See more discussions