Micro SD/SDHC Cards? Whats the difference?

Found 4th Dec 2009
Looking on 7dayshop.com as I need to order a couple of Micro SD cards for erm.. DSi backup purposes

Whats the difference betweeen SD and SDHC cards, and what would you recommend.

Really only need a 4gb max. I think they're about £6/7 each?

19 Comments

Sd cards only go up to 2gb whereas SDHC ( SD high capacity ) go higher however your device needs to be compatible ,

Ive got a brand new Micro SDHC 4 gig card from my phone you can have for £6 delivered?

tonyg1962;7112084

Sd cards only go up to 2gb whereas SDHC go higher however your device … Sd cards only go up to 2gb whereas SDHC go higher however your device needs to be compatible ,

Correct. However card speeds can be important.

Original Poster

wonkey;7112110

Ive got a brand new Micro SDHC 4 gig card from my phone you can have for … Ive got a brand new Micro SDHC 4 gig card from my phone you can have for £6 delivered?

they £6 from play so would only offer £3.50 as thats whats in my PP account.

So, would a 4gb SDHC fit into a R4i card which in turn would work on a DSi :thumbsup:

tonyg1962;7112084

Sd cards only go up to 2gb whereas SDHC ( SD high capacity ) go higher … Sd cards only go up to 2gb whereas SDHC ( SD high capacity ) go higher however your device needs to be compatible ,

Almost correct - you can get 4gb SD cards which are not HD :thumbsup:

Disco;7112178

they £6 from play so would only offer £3.50 as thats whats in my PP a … they £6 from play so would only offer £3.50 as thats whats in my PP account.So, would a 4gb SDHC fit into a R4i card which in turn would work on a DSi :thumbsup:

it would

dont do paypal and way to low. good luck!

KrispiiDuck;7112197

true.

Disco;7112178

they £6 from play so would only offer £3.50 as thats whats in my PP a … they £6 from play so would only offer £3.50 as thats whats in my PP account.So, would a 4gb SDHC fit into a R4i card which in turn would work on a DSi :thumbsup:

Apparently the r4 cards are not the best. I've just ordered an Acekard. There is loads of info on this thread hotukdeals.com/ite…272

KrispiiDuck;7112197

Yeah youre right ,SD up to 4gb and SDHC 4gb and up,,,

tonyg1962;7112084

Sd cards only go up to 2gb whereas SDHC ( SD high capacity ) go higher … Sd cards only go up to 2gb whereas SDHC ( SD high capacity ) go higher however your device needs to be compatible ,

Not 100% true. Sandisk and Transcend both did a non-HC 4gb sd card. Also Sandisk did a 4gb non-HC microsd, but only sold in Japan. Not many about as enthusiasts horded them for their camera equipment.

Original Poster

beverley1403;7112236

Apparently the r4 cards are not the best. I've just ordered an Acekard. … Apparently the r4 cards are not the best. I've just ordered an Acekard. There is loads of info on this thread http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/200272/nintendo-ds-flashcart-multimedia-ca?t=200272

I have the acekard2i card as well... can you recommend a suitable Micro SD/SDHC card (4gb)

Disco;7112275

I have the acekard2i card as well... can you recommend a suitable Micro … I have the acekard2i card as well... can you recommend a suitable Micro SD/SDHC card (4gb)

I asked that very question and was advised to get that 4gb card from play. I've ordered and hopefully it will be here tomorrow.:thumbsup:

Original Poster

beverley1403;7112337

I asked that very question and was advised to get that 4gb card from … I asked that very question and was advised to get that 4gb card from play. I've ordered and hopefully it will be here tomorrow.:thumbsup:

may order tomorrow? any idea of delivery times... may wait and let you check it first.

Get the Transcend class 6 card - can't go wrong

Disco;7112420

may order tomorrow? any idea of delivery times... may wait and let you … may order tomorrow? any idea of delivery times... may wait and let you check it first.

I'm still waiting for my Acekard. I ordered it from dealextreme so it won't arrive for another few days. So sorry I won't be able to let you know what its like 4 a bit.

Original Poster

beverley1403;7112524

I'm still waiting for my Acekard. I ordered it from dealextreme so it … I'm still waiting for my Acekard. I ordered it from dealextreme so it won't arrive for another few days. So sorry I won't be able to let you know what its like 4 a bit.

SNAP! :thumbsup:

Disco;7112705

SNAP! :thumbsup:

Ha ha! I haven't a clue what to do when it all arrives. I'll try and follow that thread I posted for you just now. Hope it helps you.:-D

sorry to crash this but has anyone got a spair 2 gig sd card kickin about? could name a price...

Cheers...
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition57597
    2. Win a £100 Amazon Voucher From LoveMyVouchers11
    3. Win a Fisher-Price Think & Learn Teach 'n tag Movi @ Netmums33
    4. Win a Mama to Bee necklace from Blooming Lovely Jewellery, worth £249! @ Ne…33

See more discussions