Micro USB phone charging leads

Found 7th Mar
Hello. I have a bog standard android phone which uses a bog standard micro USB charging lead. Let's say my phone supported faster charging using a USB 3.0 USB lead. I'd buy something like in the link below. However the end of the lead with the letter B on it is oddly shaped, with like 2 different charging sections. Would this somehow fit my phone? Sorry, I don't have a clue!! Thank you.

ebay.co.uk/itm…144
Community Updates
AskElectronicsPhones
12 Comments
No, it's for a hard drive,
So it there any such thing as a USB 3.0 charging lead for an Android phone that doesn't have a type C fitting?
simonpriest6 m ago

So it there any such thing as a USB 3.0 charging lead for an Android phone …So it there any such thing as a USB 3.0 charging lead for an Android phone that doesn't have a type C fitting?

I've never heard of one, I have a couple of items that fast charge at a higher voltage and amps. They use a standard usb plug and a dedicated charger. Plugging this charger into an older device won't charge it any quicker than the original charger.
Types of connectors,
cablestogo.com/lea…usb
I think you are confusing QC 3.0 with USB 3.0 the first is a spec for charging the second is a spec for data

33392627-MThLa.jpg33392627-qwd7z.jpg
nougat3 m ago

I think you are confusing QC 3.0 with USB 3.0 the first is a spec for …I think you are confusing QC 3.0 with USB 3.0 the first is a spec for charging the second is a spec for data [Image] [Image]

For some reason I can't pm you.
Basically I'm trying to understand why my phone is only charging at 500ma regardless of what plug and lead I use...
simonpriest21 m ago

Basically I'm trying to understand why my phone is only charging at 500ma …Basically I'm trying to understand why my phone is only charging at 500ma regardless of what plug and lead I use...

Probably because the power supply doesn't support the same fast charging standards as the phone.

You need to work out which standards your phone supports for higher power draw. That may be one of the official USB ones like Battery Charging or the newer Power Delivery, or a manufacturer-specific tech like Apple 2.4A or Qualcomm Quickcharge.

You then need to find a power supply ('charger') that can offer this.

Unfortunately phone and power supply manufacturers can often be frustratingly vague on these details, so you may have to ask them directly.

It may be that your phone doesn't support any higher power draw standards and 0.5A is the maximum it's willing to draw.
simonpriest32 m ago

Basically I'm trying to understand why my phone is only charging at 500ma …Basically I'm trying to understand why my phone is only charging at 500ma regardless of what plug and lead I use...

That's most probably your phone, even if you had a 2.1 amp (2100mah) charger and a £10 lead it would still only draw 500mah.
if you just tell us what phone and we will tell you if you can fast charge, the original charger that came with it should be able to supply fast charge, you can just get a fast charger and expect your phone to do it if it doesn't have fast charge
Yep tell us the phone make and model, then we can tell you if it supports it and if so, can link you to suitable chargers etc.
THL T9 Pro. I guess it doesn't support fast charge then from what you're all saying.
simonpriest1 h, 19 m ago

THL T9 Pro. I guess it doesn't support fast charge then from what you're …THL T9 Pro. I guess it doesn't support fast charge then from what you're all saying.

That's not a very old phone i think that one chargers upto around 2100 or 2400 mah. So mine is supposed to support upto 2100mah but only goes to around 1800mah. Urs is too low if it's charging at 500. Have you checked what output ur charger is giving and then use at least a half decent lead the ones from pound shops etc. Probably aren't really going give you the speeds u need ur phone doesn't need support fast charging upto around 2.4 amps.
Edited by: "MynameisM" 7th Mar
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants