Microbeads to be banned

Banned 26 replies
Found 4th Sep 2016
Ban to be implemented 'by 2017'

Cosmetic companies have made voluntary commitments to phase out their use by 2020.

A simple solution is just don't buy the products now.

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
26 Comments

Original Poster Banned

I don't seem to be able to correctly post the link. I have no idea why

Tesco's baby toothpaste contains plastic. Just wonderful.

tesco.com/gro…104

Search for toothpaste 0-2 on Tesco website.
Edited by: "cchopps" 4th Sep 2016

the marketeers will just think of another sales gimmick to con the gullible public

good news

these beads are much worse than plastic carrier bags, these CEOs and public relations, manager are so greedy for money , they don't recognise that wildlife and plastics do not get along well and has been known scientifically for decades, known fact, taught from nursery school

Tesco said they don't need to make any changes as their beads were ground up horse.

I didn't even realise these things existed until this fracas erupted . Makes you wonder what else we don't know about

Am I still allowed aluminium-oxide micro-crystals? I need them

Graham1979

Tesco said they don't need to make any changes as their beads were ground … Tesco said they don't need to make any changes as their beads were ground up horse.

X) Lucky I wasn't drinking tea then.

cchopps

8.5 years ago the score was known.Among physical exfoliants, the most … 8.5 years ago the score was known.Among physical exfoliants, the most widely favored are aluminum oxide crystals, used in a spa treatment called microdermabrasion.They're harmless to humans, but when you're done washing your face, those same crystals go down the drain, into the sewers and out into the ocean, where they do no good.The EPA flatly states that any form of aluminum is "highly toxic to many species of aquatic organisms."In fish, the metal has been linked to birth defects, increased mortality and a host of other complications

Microbeads?

I thought they were some kind of titillation thing that you stick up your back passage!

Mark2111

Microbeads? I thought they were some kind of titillation thing that you … Microbeads? I thought they were some kind of titillation thing that you stick up your back passage!

If they were micro I think you were going it wrong

cchopps

Have you tried the 'money/fish saving' version?

I can't say I have. I wonder how that works them because baking soda isn't nearly as abrasive. I was going to say it is very alkali and can turn hair into felt. So I am not convinced it would be great long term, though they do get to that at the bottom of the article.

I have tried salt and sugar (not together), but it's not a patch on aluminium oxide.

cchopps

Have you tried the 'money/fish saving' version?Fishsavingkitten has a … Have you tried the 'money/fish saving' version?Fishsavingkitten has a good ring to it

LOL fish saving kitten Well, I can promise you never get deposit cat waste into the lavatory for that reason

is he a new member?

Diesel cars will be next

oh noes!

moneysavingkitten

I can't say I have. I wonder how that works them because baking soda … I can't say I have. I wonder how that works them because baking soda isn't nearly as abrasive. I was going to say it is very alkali and can turn hair into felt. So I am not convinced it would be great long term, though they do get to that at the bottom of the article.I have tried salt and sugar (not together), but it's not a patch on aluminium oxide.

You could try Wet/dry sand paper. Then when done just pour the dirty water into a field.
Alternatively with being a cat lover, have you tried cat tongue? Only second to chainsaw for abrasive speed.

moneysavingkitten

X) Lucky I wasn't drinking tea then.

You ever wonder where missing children go?

splender

these beads are much worse than plastic carrier bags, these CEOs and … these beads are much worse than plastic carrier bags, these CEOs and public relations, manager are so greedy for money , they don't recognise that wildlife and plastics do not get along well and has been known scientifically for decades, known fact, taught from nursery school

nonsense, wildlife eating some microbeads is like you ingesting a few grains of sand.

It's a storm in a teacup.

Oneday77

You could try Wet/dry sand paper. Then when done just pour the dirty … You could try Wet/dry sand paper. Then when done just pour the dirty water into a field. Alternatively with being a cat lover, have you tried cat tongue? Only second to chainsaw for abrasive speed.

Even my 6 time daily cat tongue bath can't deal with this skin. Poor cat, he tries so hard to fix me. He hasn't worked out it's a lost cause yet.

Wilko actually sell sandpaper for skin. Found it a bit unpleasant though. No wonder if in was on the reduced shelf.

Graham1979

You ever wonder where missing children go?

Can't say I spend much time thinking about children, no.

For all you ladies wanting to remove your wrinkles and spots -

Dremel with a loofah on the end.

Job done.

psychobitchfromhell

I didn't even realise these things existed until this fracas erupted . … I didn't even realise these things existed until this fracas erupted . Makes you wonder what else we don't know about

It is truly shocking the amount of damage that our consumer choices have on the wider world, it's people's and environments.
Products people use daily, brands they trust often have hidden impacts both for the consumer and the wider world.
Google, and ethical consumer websites are plentiful with useful information.
It's hard to always make the right consumer decisions, but personally I think if people knew the stories behind a lot of everyday products they might think twice when choosing what to buy.

Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. First batch of original Xbox backwards compatible games1014
    2. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…18236669
    3. Any PS4 News Here29313903
    4. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITH* A VPN (Virtual Private Network)72570

See more discussions