Groups

Micromate card reader looks to small to fit into my usb hub?

I bought a micro sdhc (sandisk ultra mobile micro sdhc 8gb) In the package was the card reader, but now looking at it, I dont think it'll fit, it just looks too small and I am worried to open it, because if its wrong I can't return it. Even though at the back of package it says just plug it into your computers usb? Also when I bought this card the website classed it as a class 6 card, but on the package its a class 4, I checked other sites that sell this card and they have also say its a class 6?

9 Comments

Original Poster

dcx_badass;5812152

The class is obviously wrong, but unless it's micro usb it should fit … The class is obviously wrong, but unless it's micro usb it should fit fine.

You mean as long as the reader has a micro usb or my computer has a micro usb?

is the plug end of the reader just white rectangle with 4 gold band/strips on it?

If so its correct, its just a standard usb connector without the metal frame

Your computer needs a USB port . Don't worry it will fit.

Original Poster

Here's the reader please have a look and comment

sandisk.com/Pro…spx

Banned

send it back and buy an all in one type reader

also, it usually uses a mini usb to standard usb cable. that is why it might look small.

PraxxtorCruel;5812382

Here's the reader please have a look and … Here's the reader please have a look and commenthttp://www.sandisk.com/Products/Item(2540)-SDDR-121-A11M-SanDisk_MobileMate_Micro_Reader.aspx

standard USB mate.... :thumbsup:

Banned

just tie a bit of cotton to the end so you can pull it out or in case it accidently slips inside your pc....

I have the exact same one and it fits into a normal USB port fine, I must admit when i got it I also thought it looked to small but it works great. hope this helps

Original Poster

barriey;5812498

I have the exact same one and it fits into a normal USB port fine, I must … I have the exact same one and it fits into a normal USB port fine, I must admit when i got it I also thought it looked to small but it works great. hope this helps

Thanks all, rep will be added to all.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Fakespot.com Amazon fake review detector.11
      2. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!563833
      3. HUKD Nintendo Switch owners thread941356
      4. SNES Classic launches 29th September 2017 - Check for stock and pre-order i…4691433

See more discussions