Groups

MicroSD Cards for the 'New' 3DS

I want to upgrade my card but Nintendo only say a few cards are tested.

I was thinking about getting this one -

amazon.co.uk/San…s=1

Would I see any issues? It's a faster card than the standard one they give you.

Thanks

5 Comments

That card should be fine.

Original Poster

Illusionary

That card should be fine.

Is it a bit of an overkill though? I thought about getting an 8GB Toshiba for £3.49 instead, but it's class 4.

superfreddy

Is it a bit of an overkill though? I thought about getting an 8GB Toshiba … Is it a bit of an overkill though? I thought about getting an 8GB Toshiba for £3.49 instead, but it's class 4.

It depends on how much you plan to purchase digital games rather than cartridges - but given that SD cards are so cheap, IMO you may as well go for at least 16GB rather than 8GB cards. I have a 64GB card in mine!

I wouldn't worry about the speed of the card too much; class 4 cards should be fine also.

Original Poster

Illusionary

It depends on how much you plan to purchase digital games rather than … It depends on how much you plan to purchase digital games rather than cartridges - but given that SD cards are so cheap, IMO you may as well go for at least 16GB rather than 8GB cards. I have a 64GB card in mine!I wouldn't worry about the speed of the card too much; class 4 cards should be fine also.

What type of 64gb is yours and why did you go for such a big one?

superfreddy

What type of 64gb is yours and why did you go for such a big one?

I think that it was this one, for a tenner at the time: https://www.7dayshop.com/products/kingston-micro-sd-sdhc-sdxc-memory-card-60mb-s-class-10-with-full-size-sd-card-adapter-64gb-wh2-sdc10g2/64gb

As for the size...as I've hinted at above, the reasoning to me was simply that I may as well opt for 64GB, given that it only came with a very small price premium.
    Edited by: "Illusionary" 16th Nov 2016
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Decent hoover66
      2. Hard drive 'died'(?), what can I do? (for computer wizards please!)46
      3. Job Centre sending text to confirm appointment66
      4. Iptv814

See more discussions