Microsoft approve Hyperkin's remake of the OG Xbox controller

Found 23rd Sep 2017
Remember playing with this bad boy? (large hands needed). Well it looks like it's making a return...finally. Hyperkin first showed of their plans to re-release the 2002 Xbox controller at E3 back in June and now Microsoft have officially given them the nod to release this fantastic beast.

2797627-aviA4.jpg
The 'Duke' will be available for both Xbox One and PC, although no official pricing or release date is set yet, assuringly due to the fact I doubt it's even gone into production yet.

So what we thinking? Perfect for when those OG Xbox titles become backwards compatible, right?

2797627-sIrar.jpg
Community Updates
Misc
9 Comments
Oh man, the memories.

Good times.
I had one of these but traded for the ‘s’ controller shortly afterwards, still have them controllers
No body wants this! Why is this happening? it was like playing a game using the anchor from a galleon.
I thought that they made the redesigned S controller because no-one like this one the first time around? Seems a tad silly to remake something that we already dislike.
Hope they'd release this soon.

32074031-s3soX.jpg
was it not called the dinner plate controller or something.
Imo some things should not be resurrected, this is a monster and who apart from giants have hands big enough to wield this beast.
ostinato23rd Sep

I thought that they made the redesigned S controller because no-one like …I thought that they made the redesigned S controller because no-one like this one the first time around? Seems a tad silly to remake something that we already dislike.

As far as I recall, they attempted to make the S as a viable option for the Asian market when they complained of literally not being able to hold the OG controller.

I loved both but the S felt better in my opinion, neither preventing cramping though for me.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants