Microsoft employee installs Chrome mid-presentation because Edge keeps crashing

Found 31st Oct 2017
This is truly half-brutal, half-hilarious. A Microsoft employee was forced to pause his Azure presentation in the middle of a live demo session in order to install Google’s Chrome… because the company’s own Edge browser kept crashing.

But here is the best part: this comical occurrence was recorded and uploaded to YouTube – by none other than Microsoft itself.

The presentation in question aims to show potential customers how to migrate their applications and data to Redmond’s cloud service. But midway through the session, Edge crashes.

This is when after a brief moment of hesitation, the employee finally gives up and charmingly informs the audience that he’ll be taking a moment to install Chrome in order to finish the demo session, which he then goes on to do.

See what happens in the video below (around the 37:10 mark):

Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
mutley11 m ago

microsoft is becoming laughable. how they managed to become a dinosaur …microsoft is becoming laughable. how they managed to become a dinosaur from a big software giant is beyond me.if it wasn't for the commercial market and their monopoly on operating systems on pcs, they would go under.

Agreed, if it wasn't for all the money they are making they would go under.
mutley11 m ago

you are a non believer but trust me, you will see. do you work in the …you are a non believer but trust me, you will see. do you work in the software sector?

I work in finance, i'm an accountant.

I will believe you if you give me an answer to any questions instead of just avoiding them.
mutley12 m ago

i am not asking you to believe me, just remember my words in years to come …i am not asking you to believe me, just remember my words in years to come when you have to learn to do your accounting on a tablet

That will never happen, and the fact you can't answer any questions about how it will happen shows me you don't really know what you are talking about.

Making tea in a financial software house doesn't really make you an expert obviously.
mutley14 m ago

don't be so condescending, it is a bad trait.

Dry your eyes.

If you want to pretend to be some kind of expert then not answer any questions you are clearly just talking from an orifice other than your mouth.
63 Comments
32339964-daXlD.jpg
Edited by: "FloatingWilson" 31st Oct 2017
"Ashure"
microsoft is becoming laughable. how they managed to become a dinosaur from a big software giant is beyond me.
if it wasn't for the commercial market and their monopoly on operating systems on pcs, they would go under.
mutley11 m ago

microsoft is becoming laughable. how they managed to become a dinosaur …microsoft is becoming laughable. how they managed to become a dinosaur from a big software giant is beyond me.if it wasn't for the commercial market and their monopoly on operating systems on pcs, they would go under.

CoeK2 m ago

i can see the day when they will be gone and google will be the power horse.
mutley12 m ago

i can see the day when they will be gone and google will be the power …i can see the day when they will be gone and google will be the power horse.

Yeh, all google have to do is convert practically the entire business world to a new OS, then they can be the new power cow.

You are basically saying if google take over the market that Microsoft have then Microsoft will be gone and google will be the new Microsoft. That is going from A to Z and not bothering with all the stuff in between.
CoeK7 m ago

Yeh, all google have to do is convert practically the entire business …Yeh, all google have to do is convert practically the entire business world to a new OS, then they can be the new power cow.You are basically saying if google take over the market that Microsoft have then Microsoft will be gone and google will be the new Microsoft. That is going from A to Z and not bothering with all the stuff in between.

i think the way it will work will be that microsoft will gradually lose the domestic market so people will use tablets and phones more and abandon pc and laptops at home.

then slowly, yes it will be slow but it will happen, the commercial market will move to tablet and cloud then microsoft will be in decline. the tech world moves fast and people get left behind before they realise things have moved on but i can see the day when microsoft will no longer be the big player that it used to be.
mutley12 m ago

i think the way it will work will be that microsoft will gradually lose …i think the way it will work will be that microsoft will gradually lose the domestic market so people will use tablets and phones more and abandon pc and laptops at home.then slowly, yes it will be slow but it will happen, the commercial market will move to tablet and cloud then microsoft will be in decline. the tech world moves fast and people get left behind before they realise things have moved on but i can see the day when microsoft will no longer be the big player that it used to be.

So when do you envision that countless people in offices all over the world will use tablets instead of a proper computer?

Have you ever tried to do real work on a tablet? It isn't the OS that is the issue.
It's more to do with permissions and certain things being locked down than crashing. I guess it want set up correctly beforehand.
CoeK5 m ago

So when do you envision that countless people in offices all over the …So when do you envision that countless people in offices all over the world will use tablets instead of a proper computer?Have you ever tried to do real work on a tablet? It isn't the OS that is the issue.

i work for a financial software house who provides financial software to the big uk corporates and they are building commercial systems for tablets and mobile phones for their clients. it is new technology but they envisage that the corporate world will start to use tablets and mobile phones in the future as an alternative to the desktop and laptop.

it is actually already in progress! watch this space

put it this way, i am an investor in stocks and shares and i would put my money into google rather than microsoft if i were to invest in either as i can see google going places in the future unlike microsoft.
mutley13 m ago

i work for a financial software house who provides financial software to …i work for a financial software house who provides financial software to the big uk corporates and they are building commercial systems for tablets and mobile phones for their clients. it is new technology but they envisage that the corporate world will start to use tablets and mobile phones in the future as an alternative to the desktop and laptop.it is actually already in progress! watch this space put it this way, i am an investor in stocks and shares and i would put my money into google rather than microsoft if i were to invest in either as i can see google going places in the future unlike microsoft.

Which financial software house would that be?

Sage runs on windows.
SUN runs on windows.
Kerridge runs on windows.
Pinnacle runs on windows.
Excel is very basic on tablet.
SAP runs on windows.

It isn't the actual software that is the problem anyway, it is the ease of use.
CoeK9 m ago

Which financial software house would that be?Sage runs on windows.SUN runs …Which financial software house would that be?Sage runs on windows.SUN runs on windows.Kerridge runs on windows.Pinnacle runs on windows.Excel is very basic on tablet.SAP runs on windows.It isn't the actual software that is the problem anyway, it is the ease of use.

a lot of serious stuff now gets done over the mobile phone or tablet. huge amount of money are now going through apps instead of the actual website so more and more people are using apps instead of websites for financial transactions. word and excel are being used less in the home market so it is all about apps these days and google and apple have got the winning ticket on that market. microsoft has been left behind on the pc.

the future is apps.
mutley12 m ago

a lot of serious stuff now gets done over the mobile phone or tablet. …a lot of serious stuff now gets done over the mobile phone or tablet. huge amount of money are now going through apps instead of the actual website so more and more people are using apps instead of websites for financial transactions. word and excel are being used less in the home market so it is all about apps these days and google and apple have got the winning ticket on that market. microsoft has been left behind on the pc.the future is apps.

What serious financial stuff is done with apps? What decent size company has their finance teams use apps for their accounting?
CoeK1 m ago

What serious financial stuff is done with apps? What decent size company …What serious financial stuff is done with apps? What decent size company has their finance teams use apps for their accounting?

you are a non believer but trust me, you will see. do you work in the software sector?
mutley11 m ago

you are a non believer but trust me, you will see. do you work in the …you are a non believer but trust me, you will see. do you work in the software sector?

I work in finance, i'm an accountant.

I will believe you if you give me an answer to any questions instead of just avoiding them.
CoeK1 m ago

I work in finance, i'm an accountant.I will believe you if you give me an …I work in finance, i'm an accountant.I will believe you if you give me an answer to any questions instead of just avoiding them.

i am not asking you to believe me, just remember my words in years to come when you have to learn to do your accounting on a tablet
mutley12 m ago

i am not asking you to believe me, just remember my words in years to come …i am not asking you to believe me, just remember my words in years to come when you have to learn to do your accounting on a tablet

That will never happen, and the fact you can't answer any questions about how it will happen shows me you don't really know what you are talking about.

Making tea in a financial software house doesn't really make you an expert obviously.
CoeK2 m ago

That will never happen, and the fact you can't answer any questions about …That will never happen, and the fact you can't answer any questions about how it will happen shows me you don't really know what you are talking about.Making tea in a financial software house doesn't really make you an expert obviously.

mutley14 m ago

Dry your eyes.

If you want to pretend to be some kind of expert then not answer any questions you are clearly just talking from an orifice other than your mouth.
CoeK6 m ago

Dry your eyes.If you want to pretend to be some kind of expert then not …Dry your eyes.If you want to pretend to be some kind of expert then not answer any questions you are clearly just talking from an orifice other than your mouth.

i will not continue this with you as you are intent on being rude.
mutley12 m ago

Whatever helps you avoid giving answers. Just milk for me thanks.
mutley14 m ago

To be fair, you have appeared a little evasive / vague on detail, and have replied to specific questions with generalisations.
Saturn2 m ago

To be fair, you have appeared a little evasive / vague on detail, and have …To be fair, you have appeared a little evasive / vague on detail, and have replied to specific questions with generalisations.

i have said my piece, and that the future will be tablets and mobile phones even in the commercial sector. only time will prove this right or wrong and i don't have to answer questions to make that statement, as time will answer that question.
Saturn6 m ago

To be fair, you have appeared a little evasive / vague on detail, and have …To be fair, you have appeared a little evasive / vague on detail, and have replied to specific questions with generalisations.

Apparently she thinks uneducated guesses are good enough to make silly statements.
mutley14 m ago

i have said my piece, and that the future will be tablets and mobile …i have said my piece, and that the future will be tablets and mobile phones even in the commercial sector. only time will prove this right or wrong and i don't have to answer questions to make that statement, as time will answer that question.

I can see it now, sitting in the office trying to work out corp tax and doing prepayments and accruals on a 5 inch screen... can't wait for the future to get here.
mutley150 m ago

i work for a financial software house who provides financial software to …i work for a financial software house who provides financial software to the big uk corporates

Oh for God's sake mutters. Get a grip will you.
Edited by: "deeky" 31st Oct 2017
deeky4 m ago

Of course, you're an expert on software, mobile phone and apps aren't …Of course, you're an expert on software, mobile phone and apps aren't you?https://www.hotukdeals.com/discussions/how-to-remove-bar-at-bottom-of-screen-on-ios-1103-2815932https://www.hotukdeals.com/discussions/android-pay-set-up-2814687https://www.hotukdeals.com/discussions/is-there-any-way-to-ungroup-emails-in-gmail-app-2812887https://www.hotukdeals.com/discussions/upgrade-from-windows-7-to-windows-10-2809025https://www.hotukdeals.com/discussions/anyone-use-whatsapp-2787943https://www.hotukdeals.com/discussions/anyone-use-appinventor-to-write-apps-2772525https://www.hotukdeals.com/discussions/anyone-having-problem-with-gmail-drafts-2765551

ahaahahaha

It is hard work being on the cutting edge of app development.
CoeK2 m ago

ahaahahaha It is hard work being on the cutting edge of app …ahaahahaha It is hard work being on the cutting edge of app development.

That was just his first 2 pages. I could have gone on but it would have been pointless because it will most likely disappear in a few minutes
deeky2 m ago

That was just his first 2 pages. I could have gone on but it would have …That was just his first 2 pages. I could have gone on but it would have been pointless because it will most likely disappear in a few minutes

I thought they were a she? I suppose though that if you are going to lie about working for a financial software company then there are other easier lies.
CoeK2 m ago

I thought they were a she? I suppose though that if you are going to lie …I thought they were a she? I suppose though that if you are going to lie about working for a financial software company then there are other easier lies.

Well we're not quite sure. She was a he for about 5 years until he decided to declare himself a she a few months back. But I don't think we're allowed to discuss it. I don't think it matters really, trolls can be either gender.
deeky13 m ago

Well we're not quite sure. She was a he for about 5 years until he decided …Well we're not quite sure. She was a he for about 5 years until he decided to declare himself a she a few months back. But I don't think we're allowed to discuss it. I don't think it matters really, trolls can be either gender.

CoeK54 m ago

..... you are clearly just talking from an orifice other than your mouth.

Maybe Mutley can help us out with this by letting us know how many options are available. #
deeky1 h, 3 m ago

Of course, you're an expert on software, mobile phone and apps aren't …Of course, you're an expert on software, mobile phone and apps aren't you?https://www.hotukdeals.com/discussions/how-to-remove-bar-at-bottom-of-screen-on-ios-1103-2815932https://www.hotukdeals.com/discussions/android-pay-set-up-2814687https://www.hotukdeals.com/discussions/is-there-any-way-to-ungroup-emails-in-gmail-app-2812887https://www.hotukdeals.com/discussions/upgrade-from-windows-7-to-windows-10-2809025https://www.hotukdeals.com/discussions/anyone-use-whatsapp-2787943https://www.hotukdeals.com/discussions/anyone-use-appinventor-to-write-apps-2772525https://www.hotukdeals.com/discussions/anyone-having-problem-with-gmail-drafts-2765551

Thanks for that - I only looked at one, but it was hilarious!
hotukdeals.com/dis…887
I couldn't decide whether it was tougue-in-cheek or naive...
Cheers mutters, best laugh I've had in a while *wipes a tear*
CoeK1 h, 49 m ago

I can see it now, sitting in the office trying to work out corp tax and …I can see it now, sitting in the office trying to work out corp tax and doing prepayments and accruals on a 5 inch screen... can't wait for the future to get here.

It's bad enough using HUKD android app to post here (okay for small posts but anything lengthy takes many times longer and is frustrating) compared to using my PC. Just like "financial apps" where it's okay applying a transaction requiring minimal input, but if you had to do a day's work on an android tablet you'd get nothing done/look for a new job.
Edited by: "bryanhaines399" 31st Oct 2017
bryanhaines3993 m ago

It's bad enough using HUKD android app to post here (okay for small posts …It's bad enough using HUKD android app to post here (okay for small posts but anything lengthy takes many times longer and is frustrating) compared to using my PC. Just like "financial apps" where it's okay making applying a transaction requiring minimal input, but if you had to do a day's work on an android tablet you'd get nothing done/look for a new job.

Exactly, anyone that thinks a tablet is good for doing real work has clearly never done real work on a PC.
Edited by: "CoeK" 31st Oct 2017
Apps/Tablets have there place, They save lugging your desktop around with you but I can't see myself using them full time, Much easier sitting at my desk doing what I do. Some people spend hours on there tablets/phones trying to do stuff, I go on my pc and it's done within minutes.
it's not physically possible to achieve a typing/writing speed on a touchscreen akin to that of a keyboard, the design has existed for over a century now because it works, and the tactile response is necessary to touch type, a flat screen makes it impossible to feel the keys, specifically F & J the home keys of the index fingers.
Granted many jobs aren't reliant on typing to function but this alone makes a huge difference on efficiency for someone to be able to work reliably, I would complain a lot if I were forced to use a touch screen keyboard if my job required any amount of emailing or note taking as it would basically double the length of the task for me.

(inb4 "you watch that is where the business is going, everythign is apps, I like apps, we will all work on apps, apps are the future, windows bad google good")
on that note if I were investing in stocks I'd go google over personal preference, but I think commercial/recreation use of software to be a bigger investment than software used for business anyway, simply because more people use technology recreationally than they do for business.
Another thing that someone is forgetting, gaming.
As much as I would prefer to use another operating system for it, the majority of PC gaming is locked to windows as an OS.
Even if google could replace this system over generations to come it would still kill all backwards compatibility meaning it would still be necessary to dual boot windows anyway.
It is a long time before "apps" could compete with the vastness of the video game industry, despite their being part of it
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants