Groups

Microsoft excel download

Hi I need to download microsoft excel, doesnt really matter what eddition, I have XP,I dont need the whole office suite, just need the excel programme. Ive tried a few searches but cant find it ?? Anyone able to help? Rep given for any assistance.

much Obliged!!
    Carol x

38 Comments

download open office )(free) which is compatible with microsoft excel

unfortunately you cannot get excel without buying the whole office suite

Banned

faevilangel;4290109

download open office )(free) which is compatible with microsoft … download open office )(free) which is compatible with microsoft excelunfortunately you cannot get excel without buying the whole office suite

+1

openoffice.org/

It's a Excel clone as you cant get the real one for free

+2

Original Poster

Ive got open office but im sending files to my boss and she is unable to open them as she uses excel, but im able to open her files she sends using the open office Its strange. Thanks guys for help, afdding rep

carol123;4290165

Ive got open office but im sending files to my boss and she is unable to … Ive got open office but im sending files to my boss and she is unable to open them as she uses excel, but im able to open her files she sends using the open office Its strange. Thanks guys for help, afdding rep

you need to save the as .xl file instead of the normal open office one ....... it should be an option in the list

carol123;4290165

Ive got open office but im sending files to my boss and she is unable to … Ive got open office but im sending files to my boss and she is unable to open them as she uses excel, but im able to open her files she sends using the open office Its strange. Thanks guys for help, afdding rep

I have this problem at times with excel and the daft solution i have found that works for me is i email it to myself then forward it on to the original person and for some unknown reason it seems to open ok. Thats what works for me but who knows it might not for you :?

Original Poster

ahh okay, ill try these ways ... wish me luck!!

faevilangel;4290174

you need to save the as .xl file instead of the normal open office one … you need to save the as .xl file instead of the normal open office one ....... it should be an option in the list

ditto......I set up a couple of small charities with open office and this is what they do to send their statements etc to the Trustees who have excel. :thumbsup:

Banned

any questions re: Excel just hola

ODB_69;4290338

any questions re: Excel just hola

can i ask how you can set up a countdown in excel so it counts down automatically to a set day. The set day i need beig 14th April

Banned

Sagor;4290515

can i ask how you can set up a countdown in excel so it counts down … can i ask how you can set up a countdown in excel so it counts down automatically to a set day. The set day i need beig 14th April

how you mean a countdown? you want it to change automatically every day or countdown as in you manually change the date and it updates everything?
    I dont work with auto countdown cause then if anything goes wrong/changes then I cant print the relevant day off etc. I manually change everyday but thats what we need where I work. Its easy though...change 1 number and everything changes

ODB_69;4290582

how you mean a countdown? you want it to change automatically every day … how you mean a countdown? you want it to change automatically every day or countdown as in you manually change the date and it updates everything? I dont work with auto countdown cause then if anything goes wrong/changes then I cant print the relevant day off etc. I manually change everyday but thats what we need where I work. Its easy though...change 1 number and everything changes

i was looking for the auto one, i'm ok with the manual method. thanks anyway.

i will need to see google.

Banned

Sagor;4290675

i was looking for the auto one, i'm ok with the manual method. thanks … i was looking for the auto one, i'm ok with the manual method. thanks anyway.i will need to see google.

well if you just put in =TODAY() it comes up with the date automatically, dunno how you'd want a countdown set up? could always conditional format it so it comes up a diff colour couple of weeks before. Depends what your trying to do

EDIT: If you put that in 1 cell, then in another cell put the 14/04/2009 (or change view via format). Then put a count in the other cell so it comes up with X days remaining or something?

kinda like this:
    [FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Todays date [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]05/02/2009[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]DEADLINE [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]14/04/2009[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Days remaining [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]68[/SIZE][/FONT]

Where it would be

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Todays date [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]=TODAY()[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]DEADLINE [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]14/04/2009[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Days remaining [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]=A2-A1[/SIZE][/FONT]

ODB_69;4290743

well if you just put in =TODAY() it comes up with the date automatically, … well if you just put in =TODAY() it comes up with the date automatically, dunno how you'd want a countdown set up? could always conditional format it so it comes up a diff colour couple of weeks before. Depends what your trying to doEDIT: If you put that in 1 cell, then in another cell put the 14/04/2009 (or change view via format). Then put a count in the other cell so it comes up with X days remaining or something?kinda like this:[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Todays date [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]05/02/2009[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]DEADLINE [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]14/04/2009[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Days remaining [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]68[/SIZE][/FONT]Where it would be[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Todays date [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]=TODAY()[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]DEADLINE [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]14/04/2009[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Days remaining [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]=A2-A1[/SIZE][/FONT]

cheers, rep added.

Do you want it in a digital clock format for your countdown? I'll upload an excel spreadsheet if so for you to download!

AberBargoed;4290963

Do you want it in a digital clock format for your countdown? I'll upload … Do you want it in a digital clock format for your countdown? I'll upload an excel spreadsheet if so for you to download!

ooooh, a digital clock would be nice, lets have a look.

Banned

AberBargoed;4290963

Do you want it in a digital clock format for your countdown? I'll upload … Do you want it in a digital clock format for your countdown? I'll upload an excel spreadsheet if so for you to download!

can I take a look at that too please mate?

we should have an excel help thread......or even a Microsoft Office help thread

Banned

choc1969;4291230

we should have an excel help thread......or even a Microsoft Office help … we should have an excel help thread......or even a Microsoft Office help thread

we should have many threads, like ODB Love thread (RIP :-(), why ODB's great thread, who is sleeping with ODB next thread...stuff like that

ODB_69;4291250

we should have many threads, like ODB Love thread (RIP :-(), why ODB's … we should have many threads, like ODB Love thread (RIP :-(), why ODB's great thread, who is sleeping with ODB next thread...stuff like that

lay off the Kick drinks

Banned

choc1969;4291349

lay off the Kick drinks

MEANIE :x

and after I helped you with free movies yesterday too...no love..tis shocking :whistling:

ODB_69;4291377

MEANIE :xand after I helped you with free movies yesterday too...no … MEANIE :xand after I helped you with free movies yesterday too...no love..tis shocking :whistling:

that worked a treat thanks.......shame the film was pants :w00t:

No worries guys - well I've got a digital clock running through VBA that tells you the time etc and updates automatically each second, I'm just trying to convert this into a countdown style clock where it will count down months, days, hours, days, minutes, seconds etc! Good job it's quiet in the office today

This is what I have so far -

I'm just converting the code so the clock counts down!

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/6360/clockra1.th.png

Banned

choc1969;4291408

that worked a treat thanks.......shame the film was pants :w00t:

what film?

thinking about using it at weekend to watch Valkyrie

ODB_69;4291435

what film?thinking about using it at weekend to watch Valkyrie

The Forbidden Kingdom with Jackie Chan/Jet Li

I didn't like Valkyrie....too American for me to get involved :?, want to watch Revolutionary Road tonight

Banned

choc1969;4291485

The Forbidden Kingdom with Jackie Chan/Jet LiI didn't like … The Forbidden Kingdom with Jackie Chan/Jet LiI didn't like Valkyrie....too American for me to get involved :?, want to watch Revolutionary Road tonight

yeah thought it might be but AC3 recommended it to me. Might watch that BOLT film or something instead lol

ODB_69;4291501

yeah thought it might be but AC3 recommended it to me. Might watch that … yeah thought it might be but AC3 recommended it to me. Might watch that BOLT film or something instead lol

Saw Bolt with my free tickets on Saturday :whistling: loved it, especially Rhino the hamster

Banned

choc1969;4291530

Saw Bolt with my free tickets on Saturday :whistling: loved it, … Saw Bolt with my free tickets on Saturday :whistling: loved it, especially Rhino the hamster

god u watch more films than me!!! watched all the Rocky's at the weekend for the first time, now I'm watching that Mad Men programme...then some films then Babylon 5 WOOP WOOP

ODB_69;4291552

god u watch more films than me!!! watched all the Rocky's at the weekend … god u watch more films than me!!! watched all the Rocky's at the weekend for the first time, now I'm watching that Mad Men programme...then some films then Babylon 5 WOOP WOOP

I loved Mad Men.....watched it first time round. The women are so sexy in that and i love how the men believe they are in charge. Bring back the 50's

Banned

choc1969;4291588

I loved Mad Men.....watched it first time round. The women are so sexy in … I loved Mad Men.....watched it first time round. The women are so sexy in that and i love how the men believe they are in charge. Bring back the 50's

tbh I do watch it and think 'god thats bad' the way women are treated, glad things have changed...tis a good series, cant work out if I'm supposed to like the main guy or not cause I do

Just done this -

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/7853/clockuf8.jpg

Can email to anyone who wants a copy - obviously you can tart it up as much as you wish! This updates each second btw.

Banned

AberBargoed;4291900

Just done this -Can email to anyone who wants a copy - obviously you can … Just done this -Can email to anyone who wants a copy - obviously you can tart it up as much as you wish! This updates each second btw.

yeah go on then mate, interesting to see how it works, wil PM you :thumbsup:

Email sent - any questions/problems let me know :thumbsup:

so did you manage to get it sent to your boss?

Banned

nice one mate cheers, will take a look...think I may be able to adapt your VBA to fix a prob we've been having here

AberBargoed;4292541

Email sent - any questions/problems let me know :thumbsup:

looks like its working fine.

Glad it works OK Girl at work reckons it's super cool and has been telling everyone exactly how long it is to her birthday :roll:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a luxury five-star break for two in Paris with Le Bristol Paris and Eur…56
      2. Win a safari adventure & claim a free Chicago Town pizza coupon11
      3. Tv choice magazine Issue 391111
      4. win a hamper - orbit homes - kent commuter mag88

See more discussions