Microsoft Gamescom - Possibly more free games / Project Scorpio

Found 19th Aug 2017
Morning guys. I've just been reading that Microsoft could possibly be giving away more content during their Gamescom conference tomorrow (8pm) via their Mixer channel.

It's not clear yet if it will work in the same way it did during their E3 where they gave away Rare Replay amongst other things, but I just thought I'd chuck it up a heads up

Major Nelson has said -

"What’s more, you can sign in to your Microsoft account at Mixer.com and you’ll be in with a chance of winning lots of great prizes and be able to ask questions to the teams behind your favorite games. We’re excited to show you what we’ve been up to since E3, so be sure to tune in!"

As a heads up for anybody interested in the Xbox One X, the Day One Edition has been leaked as Project Scorpio. Want!

2768363.jpg2768363.jpg
"These Project Scorpio editions include a 1TB hard drive and feature the name "Project Scorpio" on both the console and controller. There's a few other minor cosmetic differences too, like the controller has all black buttons and the console has a slightly different woven texture than the vanilla Xbox One X."
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
Rambaldi4715 m ago

So just so I've got this 100% correct: This is at 8pm tomorrow (Sunday the …So just so I've got this 100% correct: This is at 8pm tomorrow (Sunday the 20th)?

Xbox gamescom 2017 conference - starting Sunday August 20th
  • UK: 8pm (BST)
36 Comments
Will be pre ordering one as soon as available, looking forward to this
Is that UK time 8pm, watch it on the xbox thing again?
Error44016 m ago

Is that UK time 8pm, watch it on the xbox thing again?

Yeah, UK time. Any of the Mixer methods should be fine. Xbox, App, browser etc..
Hi Buzz
So just so I've got this 100% correct: This is at 8pm tomorrow (Sunday the 20th)?
Literally, figuratively, & actually can wait.
Rambaldi4715 m ago

So just so I've got this 100% correct: This is at 8pm tomorrow (Sunday the …So just so I've got this 100% correct: This is at 8pm tomorrow (Sunday the 20th)?

Xbox gamescom 2017 conference - starting Sunday August 20th
  • UK: 8pm (BST)
I'm betting the surprise announcement is Original Xbox backward compatibility (start date).

Looking forward to the Xbox1X and news from the show.
Edited by: "shasnir" 19th Aug 2017
shasnir8 m ago

I'm betting the surprise announcement is Original Xbox backward …I'm betting the surprise announcement is Original Xbox backward compatibility (start date).Looking forward to the Xbox1X and news from the show.

Quite possibly, although I'd love them to announce Age of Empires for XB1. It's doubtful, but I can hope
BuzzDuraband1 h, 1 m ago

Xbox gamescom 2017 conference - starting Sunday August 20thUK: 8pm (BST)

Nice. Thanks.
BuzzDuraband1 h, 53 m ago

Quite possibly, although I'd love them to announce Age of Empires for XB1. …Quite possibly, although I'd love them to announce Age of Empires for XB1. It's doubtful, but I can hope

I like age of empires and an X1 version would be interesting
Just waiting for them to confirm a price a release date, not that I'm buying a xbox one x no no. I'm waiting for the price to drop so I can pick up a elite console as its still retailing for £215
ThugBasher2 h, 57 m ago

Just waiting for them to confirm a price a release date, not that I'm …Just waiting for them to confirm a price a release date, not that I'm buying a xbox one x no no. I'm waiting for the price to drop so I can pick up a elite console as its still retailing for £215

We already know both the price and release date - it'll be £449 in the UK, on sale from 7 November.
Illusionary2 h, 27 m ago

We already know both the price and release date - it'll be £449 in the UK, …We already know both the price and release date - it'll be £449 in the UK, on sale from 7 November.

Smashing! I will just wait for the prices of the older generation console to drop.
I can't think of anything I need less than an xbox box one x....

Will be pre ordering tomorrow.
OK guys, it's been confirmed as DLC:

Xbox Gamescom MixPotWatch the Xbox @ Gamescom Live stream on Mixer to get free DLC!

We’re giving away a MixPot of DLC for everyone watching and logged in on Mixer during the stream. Here’s how it works:

• Watch the Xbox @ Gamescom Live stream on Mixer: The event will be broadcast on Sunday, the 20th of August at 12:00pm PDT/ 3:00pm EST/ 9:00pm CEST, and reminder you can find all the details for the Xbox live stream above. Make sure you’re watching via the Mixer viewing app on Xbox One, any web browser at Mixer.com/Xbox, or by using the Mixer app on iOS or Android.*
  • Sign in to Mixer using your Microsoft account: You must be logged into Mixer with your Microsoft account to get your Xbox Gamescom MixPot.*
  • Link your Mixer account to your Microsoft/Xbox Live account: To learn how to link your Mixer account to your Microsoft/Xbox Live account, see Link a Mixer account to your Microsoft account. Be sure it’s linked before the show starts!*

That’s it! Keep an eye out during the live stream as we announce the free DLC that will be coming to you after the event.

What's in the MixPot?
  • That’s a surprise! You’ll find out when the show is live!*

FAQ

When will I receive my Xbox Gamescom MixPot?

• Once you have linked your Mixer account to your Microsoft Account, you will receive your MixPot within a week or less. For more info about creating a Mixer account, see Create a Mixer account. If you want to learn how to link your Mixer account with your Microsoft account, see Link a Mixer account to your Microsoft account.

How can I access the digital content that is included in the Xbox Gamescom MixPot?

• To play the content that is included in the Xbox Gamescom MixPot, view your downloadable content and add-ons on Xbox One and then install it on your console. You must own the full game in order to play the downloadable content.

Can I give my Xbox Gamescom MixPot to someone else?

• No. The MixPot is credited directly to your account. It cannot be sold or transferred.

Will the DLC in the Xbox Gamescom MixPot be available in all markets?

• Yes, as long as that content is available in your market.

What if I watched the Xbox @ Gamescom Live stream on Mixer but didn’t receive an Xbox Gamescom MixPot?
Edited by: "BuzzDuraband" 20th Aug 2017
Is it the channel that comes up right at the top the circle of green with xbox in it or another one cos everyone seems to be on that one waiting
Error4407 m ago

Is it the channel that comes up right at the top the circle of green with …Is it the channel that comes up right at the top the circle of green with xbox in it or another one cos everyone seems to be on that one waiting

The channel is just called "Xbox" and should load by default. It's currently showing a countdown timer.
They just announced what the mixpot includes. It's just some boring DLC for games, no standalone games, disappointed.
Guess DLC for F2P games makes sense.

Although I shall not be touching any of it.

Edit: 40,000 watchers -> 8,000 watchers after the announcement of the freebies
Edited by: "eayragt" 20th Aug 2017
eayragt15 m ago

Guess DLC for F2P games makes sense.Although I shall not be touching any …Guess DLC for F2P games makes sense.Although I shall not be touching any of it.Edit: 40,000 watchers -> 8,000 watchers after the announcement of the freebies

I was only watching as an alternative to Iron fist... it's gone off now, doesnt think I'm 18.
Did anyone catch the actual release date for PUBG? The stupid stream went to a; Confirm You Are Over 18 flash page, cutting out the end of PU's interview. Idiots!
steveex1 m ago

Did anyone catch the actual release date for PUBG? The stupid stream went …Did anyone catch the actual release date for PUBG? The stupid stream went to a; Confirm You Are Over 18 flash page, cutting out the end of PU's interview. Idiots!

I don't think he said an exact date, just before the end of the year.
steveex8 m ago

Did anyone catch the actual release date for PUBG? The stupid stream went …Did anyone catch the actual release date for PUBG? The stupid stream went to a; Confirm You Are Over 18 flash page, cutting out the end of PU's interview. Idiots!

End of Year to Game Preview.
eayragt1 h, 7 m ago

Guess DLC for F2P games makes sense.Although I shall not be touching any …Guess DLC for F2P games makes sense.Although I shall not be touching any of it.Edit: 40,000 watchers -> 8,000 watchers after the announcement of the freebies

100 copies of recore too
steveex55 m ago

It's going to be an Xbox One X launch title.
Preorder is open. But, where is the UK page?

Updated: amazon.co.uk/Xbo…pio
Edited by: "popolou" 20th Aug 2017
popolou2 m ago

Preorder is open. But, where is the UK page?

Change product to Scorpio edition.
Cheers, it was further down the page listing... GL all.

Pops
GAME's pre-order page is now up too: game.co.uk/en/…578
did anyone watch it via mixer? i was but it crashed 20 mins in and i could not get back on. was wondering what the freebie was
mad56979721 m ago

did anyone watch it via mixer? i was but it crashed 20 mins in and i could …did anyone watch it via mixer? i was but it crashed 20 mins in and i could not get back on. was wondering what the freebie was

Some crap DLC for world of tanks..
mad56979723 m ago

did anyone watch it via mixer? i was but it crashed 20 mins in and i could …did anyone watch it via mixer? i was but it crashed 20 mins in and i could not get back on. was wondering what the freebie was

Nothing all thjat significiant:

• T15 New Recruit Kit For World Of Tanks
  • Commanders Bonus Supply Drop for Battle Island’s Commanders
  • Custom War Paint For Halo Wars 2
:
steveex14 h, 15 m ago

Nothing has been confirmed yet. So don't worry you didn't miss anything
I missed this thread completely! Glad the free stuff wasn't mind blowing.

Was there any mention of BC stuff? they have been adding a nice amount recently but still so many games id like them to add.

Also really hoping when the launch OG XB games they go big, I have a nice list of games from there I would really like adding.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants