Groups

Microsoft introduces refunds for digital game purchases

Microsoft are introducing self-service refunds for digital game purchases.

Refunds will be available for games purchased within 14 days, and played for a maximum 2 hours across all accounts.

Refunds are not available for DLC, Season Passes and consumables.

To apply for a refund, visit account.microsoft.com/

Source

Top comments

voyager123

Great. Have serious doubts we will see anything like this from Sony.

I have serious doubts we'll see anything consumer friendly from Sony.

ElectroDragon8

Xbox backwards compatibility is free!

Ooooh a chance to use my favourite GIF.
    http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/992/402/c35.gif

29 Comments

Nice!

Excellent. A try before you buy scheme.

2 hour speed run. Challenge accepted.

Brilliant

Can i get compensation for the other 24 hours wasted downloading them too?

voyager123

Bure11

​they have a 2 week refund policy as long as you haven't downloaded it, I bought dirt vr upgrade for £10, then with the sale I got a refund and re bought the bundle for £20, bonus is I still got the £10 for spending £50

Editor

Bure11

Does my nut in when people bang on about the negativities of Sony. Do we all forget about PlayStation Now?

eternaldragonuk

​they have a 2 week refund policy as long as you haven't downloaded it, I … ​they have a 2 week refund policy as long as you haven't downloaded it, I bought dirt vr upgrade for £10, then with the sale I got a refund and re bought the bundle for £20, bonus is I still got the £10 for spending £50

That's not a policy. They do that sometimes as a one off, other times they don't do it.

Banned

Create a new account, set as home Xbox, buy game, switch to main account, complete, refund?

BuzzDuraband

Does my nut in when people bang on about the negativities of Sony. Do we … Does my nut in when people bang on about the negativities of Sony. Do we all forget about PlayStation Now?

ElectroDragon8

That's his point.

Bure11

That's not a policy. They do that sometimes as a one off, other times … That's not a policy. They do that sometimes as a one off, other times they don't do it.

playstation.com/en-…cy/

they added it last month, obviously didn't advertise it, would. prefer the 2 hour limit of ms, would be handy with vr titles for people that are prone to motion sickness, although some games can be completed in 2 hours.

Edited by: "Snakeyes646" 12th Apr

Banned

Bure11

That's not a policy. They do that sometimes as a one off, other times … That's not a policy. They do that sometimes as a one off, other times they don't do it.

It's consumer regulations. If you don't kick off the download, you have 14 days to cancel and get a refund. Sony making out it's their policy or are doing you a favour is utter tripe!

Mind you it's worse in the US, once you've pre ordered a digital game, you can't even get a refund, even if the game hasn't released!

Bure11

Nope thats consumer law, Microsoft used to try and fob you off but just quote this and they had to refund which.co.uk/con…oad as long as you haven't downloaded it you have a right to cancel within 14 days for a full refund regardless of the merchant
    Edited by: "johnwillowlfc" 12th Apr

Great move Microsoft. Sony needs to follow suit.

rafalution2

Great move Microsoft. Sony needs to follow suit.

So email them and get them told!

ElectroDragon8

Ooooh a chance to use my favourite GIF.
    http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/992/402/c35.gif

YabbaDabbaDoobie

Create a new account, set as home Xbox, buy game, switch to main account, … Create a new account, set as home Xbox, buy game, switch to main account, complete, refund?

Please note the below conditions for requesting a self-service refund:
    • Games and apps are eligible for self-service refunds within 14 days of purchase if you have less than 2 hours of play time across all accounts.

So no. I'm sure Microsoft aren't silly to let something as easy as that slip through. X)
    Edited by: "McShane1" 13th Apr

Banned

What if you've played for exactly 1:59:59 and that second delays is you quitting the game :P

McShane1

Please note the below conditions for requesting a self-service refund: • G … Please note the below conditions for requesting a self-service refund: • Games and apps are eligible for self-service refunds within 14 days of purchase if you have less than 2 hours of play time across all accounts.So no. I'm sure Microsoft aren't silly to let something as easy as that slip through. X)

Play offline?

I was one of the ones in uproar when Microsoft suggested going all digital at launch, I know have 2 games on disc (one of which being fifa) and about 80 on hard drive. Well played Microsoft, well played.

[quote=badgerrules]I was one of the ones in uproar when Microsoft suggested going all digital at launch, I know have 2 games on disc (one of which being fifa) and about 80 on hard drive. Well played Microsoft, well played.[/quote]\x0d\x0a\x0d\x0aOnly because no matter what you buy you have to sit there for six hours while it shoves it on the hard drive, so its well played that they cunningly did that to negate one of the advantages of discs.\x0d\x0a\x0d\x0aI bought a xbox one, it was two days later that we got to play it after it sat their seemingly downloading​ and installing the entire operating system and then forza the next day

AStonedRaichu

Play offline?

I assume the 'gameclock' would still be ticking. Again I'm confident Microsoft have already thought about things like this.

its amazing Microsoft do something nice like this and yet there are those already looking for ways to take advantage,

Wish I could have gotten this,for deadlight directors cut Omg what a rubbish game £10er down the drain

lindalucky

Wish I could have gotten this,for deadlight directors cut Omg what a … Wish I could have gotten this,for deadlight directors cut Omg what a rubbish game £10er down the drain

Go back to America then as I don't understand a word of that!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4532118
      2. Back to school: what's your views on your kids uniform and piercing rules e…27120
      3. If you had £50,000 to start a business what would it be ?2546
      4. How long do we think it’ll be until USB C is considered as safe and univers…66

See more discussions