Groups

microsoft office

Hi can anyone out there please help? I have enrolled on a vision2learn IT course and will need microsoft office to complete it. My PC has office 2010 installed already however I will only get the free trial before I have to pay. I believe this is 30 days however my course will be 10 weeks. I am using windows 7. Can anyone please give me any advise on where I can cheaply pick it up? I have quickly looked on ebay however there were so many sellers and choices it just confused me more! can anyone please advise me on any differences between the years 2007 2010 2016 etc is there much difference? As you can probably tell I really don't know what to look for so any help is much appreciated. If I have left anything out please let me know. Many thanks for reading and any help given in advance.

19 Comments

I would think that any of those options would work. There should be guidance from the course recommending a version. But unless a complex course, I would imagine that any version from 2003 -2016 inclusive would do.

Just missed a really good deal on the 2016 which in my opinion is the better one but everyone’s different.

You're bound to know someone that works for a company that can get it for you for less than £10
    microsofthup.com/hup…693

There are significant differences between the different Microsoft Office versions. Do you know the version they are going to use?

Original Poster

Thanks for all the replies I have been approved for the course and should get my login details from the university tomorrow. When I do have the details does anyone have any recommendations for where to buy it from or what I should be looking for?

You might be entitled to a free student version, have you checked with them?

Download MS Office Professional Plus 2016 from their website and then get a cheap license key from eBay for less than £2.50 click.

Original Poster

groppo

You might be entitled to a free student version, have you checked with … You might be entitled to a free student version, have you checked with them?

thanks I havent been a student for many years didnt know such a thing may exist

Original Poster

[quote=DAMNOME] Use the free online version of office? Thanks this just shows how little I know I didnt think to look for a free version
    Edited by: "madmaggs" 13th Jul

Original Poster

jetskizzz

I would think that any of those options would work. There should be … I would think that any of those options would work. There should be guidance from the course recommending a version. But unless a complex course, I would imagine that any version from 2003 -2016 inclusive would do.

thanks

Original Poster

puddles9999

Just missed a really good deal on the 2016 which in my opinion is the … Just missed a really good deal on the 2016 which in my opinion is the better one but everyone’s different.

may I ask why? what are the differences between 2016 and the other years?

Original Poster

[quote=mutley1]There are significant differences between the different Microsoft Office versions. Do you know the version they are going to use?[/quote
    not yet i will get my details and go through my induction tomorrow so I should find out then im assuming

madmaggs

may I ask why? what are the differences between 2016 and the other years?

The 2016 is my favourite (used them all) it is easyJet and looks great on my iMac 5k iPad iPhone and my work Pc and tablet it is just better

Oh I just remembered if you login to outlook.com or set up a free email with them the office packages are free to use on the website as long as you have internet connection

Office 2013 that's legit and only 14 quid. There's not much difference between that and 2016 and the underlying programme has pretty much been the same since 2007, the course probably won't be based on the latest version anyway.

Original Poster

Thanks for all your help everyone you have all been a great help I will see what comes through with my induction info tomorrow and go from there.

madmaggs2 h, 39 m ago

[quote=mutley1]There are significant differences between the different …[quote=mutley1]There are significant differences between the different Microsoft Office versions. Do you know the version they are going to use?[/quotenot yet i will get my details and go through my induction tomorrow so I should find out then im assuming

i would wait to see what the tutor use then get that one as that will be what they are teaching. once you are familiar with using one version, other versions are just variations so you should be able to pick them up pretty quickly if you can bother to look into it.

the university may be able to provide you with cheap options to get access to the version you need. students often get discount and universities may be able to provide you the software themselves at a discount like most employers.

Original Poster

Hi my tutor will be using office 2010 as I already have office 2010 (it was preinstalled on the computer when I purchased it) can anyone tell me if I just purchase a key on ebay can I then use that on my version which is already on my pc?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a luxury five-star break for two in Paris with Le Bristol Paris and Eur…67
      2. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64545
      3. Win a flagship smartphone - the HTC U1134
      4. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk66

See more discussions