Microsoft Office

Posted 17th Jun 2021
Hi everyone. Hoping someone might be able to advise please.
Last year, I bought a new laptop which came with a years free Office 365. That has now expired so I am looking at renewing it. I would rather do the one off lifetime option, and only need it for basic applications, mainly word. I have seen an offer on Wowcher where it’s a highly discounted price, but am unsure as to if this is legit. I have also seen this which I’m unsure about too fairsoftware.co.uk/office-2019/home-and-student-br-2019/437/microsoft-office-2019-home-student
Please can anyone assist? Is this a safe option does anyone know? Or can anyone recommend somewhere please?
Thank you
Community Updates
New Comment

14 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    steve1221
    Office 2019 pro on Aliexpress for between £1.50 to £2.00.

Bought and used one a couple of weeks back ,no problems.
    EndlessWaves
    Generally Microsoft doesn't discount the new copies much, except through schemes like student and employee offers.

Cheap copies are likely to be second hand keys and while that's legal generally, there's a lot of dubious trading in that market and not much transparency so you're entirely dependant on the shop you're buying from.
    Willy_Wonka
    steve122117/06/2021 18:58

Office 2019 pro on Aliexpress for between £1.50 to £2.00.Bought and used o …Office 2019 pro on Aliexpress for between £1.50 to £2.00.Bought and used one a couple of weeks back ,no problems.

Done the same but from Ebay over 2 years ago. For a couple of £ too.
    steve1221
    Willy_Wonka17/06/2021 23:49

Done the same but from Ebay over 2 years ago. For a couple of £ too.

The keys seem very hard to find on Ebay now? I spent a couple of hours looking before going to Ali and couldn't find one. I know Ebay don't like them being sold, so maybe, they've stop them even being posted now??
    jameshothothot
    I got office 2019 from allkeyshop. Supplier link was gamers outlet. Phone activation. Cost 2 to 3 euros. Worked for my nephew too. Software still gets updates. Local install linked to your windows account not cloud 365 version though

gamers-outlet.net/mic…ion

But found through allkeyshop first (edited)
    mutley1
    office 365 is a subscription service i believe.
    itslindsho Author
    mutley117/06/2021 17:21

office 365 is a subscription service i believe.

Sorry, I’ll happily have office 2019 - as long as I can use word.
    kevlfc
    you can use word free online with Microsoft just login (edited)
    adam.mt
    To answer quickly, yes it's safe but a very good chance it's not legitimate (think equivalent of a copied CD/DVD).

Legitimate 'Home & Student' retails around the £100 mark - Microsoft, PC World, Argos, John Lewis etc. If buying off ebay/similar then go for a retail (boxed) copy. (edited)
    dipsylalapo
    If all you're after is Word, have you looked at an alternative like Libra Office?
    Willy_Wonka
    steve122118/06/2021 08:53

The keys seem very hard to find on Ebay now? I spent a couple of hours …The keys seem very hard to find on Ebay now? I spent a couple of hours looking before going to Ali and couldn't find one. I know Ebay don't like them being sold, so maybe, they've stop them even being posted now??

Ebay pull them now but they pop up for a while before they get deleted.
    aLV426
    Legit keys are never that cheap! O365 is a subscription based package, you get what you pay for. It might be worth checking if you are eligible for the Microsoft Home Use Programme or Educational discounts...
    itslindsho Author
    Thank you for taking the time to comment everyone. I’ll have a look at the options. Much appreciated
    ToxtethOGrady
    Libre office
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants