Microsoft Office 365 Free for Students and Teachers @ Microsoft

Posted 11th Sep 2019
microsoft.com/en-…ice

Get Office 365 for free
It's not a trial! Students and teachers are eligible for Office 365 Education, which includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, and now Microsoft Teams, plus additional classroom tools.

All you need to get started is to enter a valid academic email.

Thought this was reposting as many students are going to be buying laptops around this time and getting the hard sell to buy office when they will get it free with an academic email!!
Community Updates

Groups

9 Comments
Let the I want it, but how do I get it if I am not a student comments begin!
thomasleep11/09/2019 20:29

Let the I want it, but how do I get it if I am not a student comments …Let the I want it, but how do I get it if I am not a student comments begin!

Both my kids, 12 & 14, have laptops needing this software. They're both obviously full time students but don't have .ac.uk email addresses. Why is this demographic excluded?
hotUKdealFINDER11/09/2019 20:36

Both my kids, 12 & 14, have laptops needing this software. They're both …Both my kids, 12 & 14, have laptops needing this software. They're both obviously full time students but don't have .ac.uk email addresses. Why is this demographic excluded?

Ask microsoft.
Thought I'd ask here since you posted a request for contents like mine...
So you need an ac.uk email address? Well that's every HUKD student out then!
hotUKdealFINDER11/09/2019 20:36

Both my kids, 12 & 14, have laptops needing this software. They're both …Both my kids, 12 & 14, have laptops needing this software. They're both obviously full time students but don't have .ac.uk email addresses. Why is this demographic excluded?

You don’t need an ac.uk email, it depends on the school, if they use outlook at school for their email it usually means you can get it. Daughter got an email when she first started senior school saw the email a few months later and asked why she hadn’t told me about it, said well we have Office so didn’t need it.

Many work places also have the Microsoft home use program, it’s about £14 for office but not 365.
As mentioned by @eslick, it depends on where you live, study etc.

Many universities use Office 365 for e-mail, and may allow students and staff access to the downloaded version of Office while they are registered at the institution.

As for schools, most Scottish councils use Glow, which allows pupils to use Office 365, but again it dpends on the individual councils. For RUK, it will depend on the local council, school etc, depending on how they have it licenced.
eslick11/09/2019 21:32

You don’t need an ac.uk email, it depends on the school, if they use o …You don’t need an ac.uk email, it depends on the school, if they use outlook at school for their email it usually means you can get it. Daughter got an email when she first started senior school saw the email a few months later and asked why she hadn’t told me about it, said well we have Office so didn’t need it. Many work places also have the Microsoft home use program, it’s about £14 for office but not 365.

Good to know, I'll check with the kids when they're up and about in the am.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants