microsoft points cards - can it still be used ?

My nephew have a chance to buy a Microsoft points card 800 MSP but can he redeem it on Xbox ?
I heard they stopped using it some time ago.

4 Comments

Original Poster

Illusionary

Probably not: … Probably not: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-05-07-funds-from-microsoft-points-switchover-expire-1st-june

I have read that too, but it is for points that were on the account and converted to local currency and not for a cards and coupons that were not yet used.
Can't find any info about this.

klopikxda

I have read that too, but it is for points that were on the account and … I have read that too, but it is for points that were on the account and converted to local currency and not for a cards and coupons that were not yet used.Can't find any info about this.

This suggests that you should be okay to redeem: support.xbox.com/en-…faq

I think you've mentioned that it's a friend looking to sell here? If they're actually a friend, they'd presumably refund your nephew if the codes are non-functional? You could also ask that the seller tests the codes prior to buying - the redemption process has a confirmation step after entering the code.

Original Poster

Illusionary

This suggests that you should be okay to redeem: … This suggests that you should be okay to redeem: http://support.xbox.com/en-GB/billing/microsoft-account-balance/microsoft-points-retire-faqI think you've mentioned that it's a friend looking to sell here? If they're actually a friend, they'd presumably refund your nephew if the codes are non-functional? You could also ask that the seller tests the codes prior to buying - the redemption process has a confirmation step after entering the code.

Thanks a lot. It is for my nephew and person selling is his friend. I will be paying for it so better to know.
I will ask him to check first (it is a scratch card) and if it works I will take it. Thanks again.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Which Smart Watch for Running?25
    2. Which Camera?!!!22
    3. Kodi - £ Sports Recommendations1014
    4. Sky or Virgin?1418

See more discussions