microsoft points code!! wtf!

me and my son been waiting on the new call of duty maps for ages. Bought points from play.com and they arrived sealed. we just opened them to put in and its saying code not valid? does that mean its been used? its a uk console but for some reason if you try to buy points with credit card they're in dollars. Any help? how do i get my money back!

33 Comments

I would contact play.com and tell them whats happend.
Sounds like some1 has guessed the code somehow?

Make sure that its not a typo though, how many times have you tryed to put in the code?
Ive done this once and miss-took an N for a M

I've just been trying to see how many months my xbox live has to run online and it says server unavailable. I'd wait a while and try again later.

Could just be a problem with servers not working

Did you buy them from play or playtrade?

Original Poster

Tanchi;4685172

I would contact play.com and tell them whats happend.Sounds like some1 … I would contact play.com and tell them whats happend.Sounds like some1 has guessed the code somehow?Make sure that its not a typo though, how many times have you tryed to put in the code?Ive done this once and miss-took an N for a M

tried about 10 times. its deffo the right code.

Original Poster

dave_lunt2;4685179

I've just been trying to see how many months my xbox live has to run … I've just been trying to see how many months my xbox live has to run online and it says server unavailable. I'd wait a while and try again later.Could just be a problem with servers not working

aye i put another code in my own xbox and got a few errors but worked eventually. thing is none of the errors i got said code not valid.

Original Poster

midlandscomics;4685197

Did you buy them from play or playtrade?

play itself mate, came sealed and brand spanking new.

Original Poster

it appears his location is united states, would this be why its not working? how does one change it?

mcnally32;4685249

it appears his location is united states, would this be why its not … it appears his location is united states, would this be why its not working? how does one change it?

could be, have you tried online as you can redeem your points online and update account info, worth a shot!

Having trouble with it online at the mo tho!

Original Poster

dave_lunt2;4685277

could be, have you tried online as you can redeem your points online and … could be, have you tried online as you can redeem your points online and update account info, worth a shot! Having trouble with it online at the mo tho!

aye currently trying to do that but billing details want the address and it says united states and its greyed out and can't be changed.

call xbox? if you need to cal the US Xbox it's 1-800-4-MY-XBOX

Toll free.

Original Poster

t0mm;4685361

call xbox? if you need to cal the US Xbox it's 1-800-4-MY-XBOXToll free.

aye thats a last resort, but its a uk console and uk points card. don't see how they could help me. I think my son accidently put us on the sign up. we went to initial setup just now and changed it to uk but its still on us.

Sounds like you registered a US gamertag account instead of a UK one which can't be changed. Points are region specific.

Syzable;4685427

Sounds like you registered a US gamertag account instead of a UK one … Sounds like you registered a US gamertag account instead of a UK one which can't be changed. Points are region specific.

will play accept the points back as a return and order points from US ebay - they will email code to you

Original Poster

dave_lunt2;4685447

will play accept the points back as a return and order points from US … will play accept the points back as a return and order points from US ebay - they will email code to you

i could always sell the points on here, and get us ones. think i'll try that now.

Nothing prevents you from creating another UK Xbox Live account and redeeming the codes against it instead. When you purchase the DLC, it will be playable for everyone on that console. However if you go and try to use the DLC on another console you will need to be signed into Xbox Live with the account which purchased the content (i.e the new account).

If it's a permanent change tho (you're swapping out the console for another one), you can do a license transfer from your old 360 to the new one on xbox.com.

how many points did you buy and how much did you pay?

Original Poster

Xb0xGuru;4685477

Nothing prevents you from creating another UK Xbox Live account and … Nothing prevents you from creating another UK Xbox Live account and redeeming the codes against it instead. When you purchase the DLC, it will be playable for everyone on that console. However if you go and try to use the DLC on another console you will need to be signed into Xbox Live with the account which purchased the content (i.e the new account).If it's a permanent change tho (you're swapping out the console for another one), you can do a license transfer from your old 360 to the new one on xbox.com.

really good idea! all this to consider!

Original Poster

dave_lunt2;4685486

how many points did you buy and how much did you pay?

bought 2100 and paid......think it was......16 or 17 quid.

Original Poster

Xb0xGuru;4685477

Nothing prevents you from creating another UK Xbox Live account and … Nothing prevents you from creating another UK Xbox Live account and redeeming the codes against it instead. When you purchase the DLC, it will be playable for everyone on that console. However if you go and try to use the DLC on another console you will need to be signed into Xbox Live with the account which purchased the content (i.e the new account).If it's a permanent change tho (you're swapping out the console for another one), you can do a license transfer from your old 360 to the new one on xbox.com.

one problem mate. when you create a new gamertag it doesn't have live. so can't download it.

if you can't use em sell them on here id probably buy some.

microsoft is having a few tech probs, ivbe tryied putting my code and it didnt work neither :x

Original Poster

REDRANGER86;4685839

if you can't use em sell them on here id probably buy some.

aye if i can't use them thats what i'll do. have us and uk points to try now so one must work eventually.

mcnally32;4685645

one problem mate. when you create a new gamertag it doesn't have live. … one problem mate. when you create a new gamertag it doesn't have live. so can't download it.

You need to specifiy in creating an Xbox Live gamertag! Otherwise if what you're saying is true, you wouldn't be able to have more than one Xbox Live account on a console (and that's definitely not the case!)

Original Poster

Xb0xGuru;4686415

You need to specifiy in creating an Xbox Live gamertag! Otherwise if what … You need to specifiy in creating an Xbox Live gamertag! Otherwise if what you're saying is true, you wouldn't be able to have more than one Xbox Live account on a console (and that's definitely not the case!)

i don't quite understand. you can have many live accounts on one console but you have to buy live for each gamertag i'm pretty sure. seperate live accounts. otherwise one live account could do a whole household sharing a console. MS do not want that, lol. students would have a fieldday.

Theres two types of live. Gold where you have access to everything, and Silver, where you have access to everything except playing online. You can still access marketplace etc on Silver.

supermod

mcnally32;4686572

i don't quite understand. you can have many live accounts on one console … i don't quite understand. you can have many live accounts on one console but you have to buy live for each gamertag i'm pretty sure. seperate live accounts. otherwise one live account could do a whole household sharing a console. MS do not want that, lol. students would have a fieldday.

You get a free 1 month gold membership with a new gamertag - there's about 4 or 5 allowed per console, one of the guys will advise you better. But you do get the free 1 month gold membership straight away (my children have them, & one of them has 2 gamertags on his console - got 1 month full online play with each one free)

Once you have the new tag use your points for downloads during the first month & they should be available to all the tags if Xb0xGuru is correct (got to be with that name ;-))
Xb0xGuru;4685477

Nothing prevents you from creating another UK Xbox Live account and … Nothing prevents you from creating another UK Xbox Live account and redeeming the codes against it instead. When you purchase the DLC, it will be playable for everyone on that console. ..........

sigma;4686726

one of them has 2 gamertags on his console - got 1 month full online … one of them has 2 gamertags on his console - got 1 month full online play with each one free)

Which is what i do.........also have a US account to get their freebies. :-D

NAH dont worry mate xbox live is having problems with accounts - i tried to use my new code and it didnt update my balance

Wait and tr it again 2morro

deathtrap3000;4686640

Theres two types of live. Gold where you have access to everything, and … Theres two types of live. Gold where you have access to everything, and Silver, where you have access to everything except playing online. You can still access marketplace etc on Silver.

sigma;4686726

You get a free 1 month gold membership with a new gamertag - there's … You get a free 1 month gold membership with a new gamertag - there's about 4 or 5 allowed per console, one of the guys will advise you better. But you do get the free 1 month gold membership straight away (my children have them, & one of them has 2 gamertags on his console - got 1 month full online play with each one free)Once you have the new tag use your points for downloads during the first month & they should be available to all the tags if Xb0xGuru is correct (got to be with that name ;-))

Syzable;4686807

Which is what i do.........also have a US account to get their freebies. … Which is what i do.........also have a US account to get their freebies. :-D

Yes to all the above :-D

Here's how Xbox Live Marketplace Downloadable Content (DLC) works:

1. When you purchase DLC, it's available to ALL users of that console, regardless of being connected to Xbox Live or not.

2. Any other 360s you want to use the content on can be only used by the gametag which purchased the DLC and only when connected to Xbox Live (or unless another account has purchased the same content on the other 360, in which case point #1 applies).

If it is a leaflet inside the cod box, its more than likely that you have to type that code in on a website (provided on the leaflet) and then you get the xbox code on the screen, then go and type that in on xbox live...

Thats what had to be done with the COD4 maps leaflet.

Original Poster

cheers for all the info. created a new account and got the 1 month free live and still neither of the codes work so i guess its just xbox having a ****** day. terrible too as we've been waiting on the new map pack for ages.

Just spotted this on MN.com

majornelson.com/arc…spx

Xbox LIVE Billing issuesCurrently, Xbox LIVE members may experience … Xbox LIVE Billing issuesCurrently, Xbox LIVE members may experience issues related to billing. That means difficulties with account recovery, account management, Marketplace functions and/or making purchases. Users who already have Microsoft Points in their account will be able to redeem them. Until these issues are resolved, you will also be unable to sign in to Xbox.com, which includes posting in the forums and queuing up downloads on the Marketplace. All other areas of LIVE (matchmaking, friends lists, messaging etc.) are not affected.The engineers are actively working to resolve the issues as quickly as possible. Keep an eye on the Xbox LIVE Status page in the support section of Xbox.com which will be updated when conditions change.

Original Poster

Xb0xGuru;4689050

Just spotted this on … Just spotted this on MN.comhttp://majornelson.com/archive/2009/03/19/xbox-live-billing-issues.aspx

aye mate, seems to be the problem already. And i've bloody went and bought 2 sets of points over it, ah well! thanks for all your help, rep will be added
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763948
    2. What an absolute disgrace2150
    3. GOT Leaks again416
    4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846084

See more discussions