Microsoft Rewards - Earn free 12 Month Xbox Live Gold / Xbox Game Pass Subscriptions

Found 30th Aug 2017
Microsoft Rewards isn't a new thing (it launched in June in the UK), in fact you'll have seen the various threads recently regarding the FREE Groove Music passes that have been posted on HUKD. 1 month for 100 points and 3 months for 200 points. But I just thought I would highlight it for those that are unaware, and those who can be bothered to perform the tasks required which I've mentioned below.

So what is Microsoft Rewards?

Well it's a Bing reward scheme that basically rewards you for using your desktop PC or mobile for searching the internet. Sounds easy enough, right?

You'll receive 3 points per search on your desktop (maximum 30 searches per day - 90 points) and 3 points per search on your mobile (maximum 20 searches - 60 points).

2777449.jpg
In addition, you can also gain 40 points per day for doing the Microsoft Daily Offers. That's 90+60+40 = 190 points per day. Over the duration of a month you're looking to gain around 5,700 points (based on a 30 day month).

5,700. That's an equation of £5.70 a month in rewards. Not bad at all I don't think.

So what are you going to spend these reward points on?

Well this is the interesting part, and possibly the reason why I'll be partaking in the daily searches and tasks.

(Level 2 is acquired after earning 500 points and you are kept at that level for earning a minimum of 500 points each month)

Xbox Live Gold

- 5,800 points (with the Level 2 discount)

- 14,000 points (with the Level 2 discount)

- 28,000 points (with the Level 2 discount)

Xbox Game Pass

- 6,800 points (with the Level 2 discount)

12 Month's Xbox Game Pass.- 29,000 points (with the Level 2 discount)

Xbox Gift Cards

- 2,600 points (with the Level 2 discount)

- 4,100 points (with the Level 2 discount)

- 8,200 points (with the Level 2 discount)

- 20,500 points (with the Level 2 discount)

- 41,000 points (with the Level 2 discount)

There are other rewards thrown up onto the programme which you can redeem such as Skype credit, Skype Premium, Groove Music subscriptions, donations to charities and various sweepstakes if you choose.

2777449.jpg
A 12 month's Xbox Live card or 12 month Xbox Game Pass card can be acquired in just over 5 months, BUT, if you can be bothered to keep up to the daily points rewards, you could be claiming 12 month's Xbox Live Gold AND a 12 month Xbox Game pass for free every year!

Can we really be bothered, though?

Well I personally use two monitors for work and although Bing isn't my preferred choice of search engine, I now have it set up on my throwaway browser where it will be used for any searches I need to make on the internet. I'll probably do my Bing mobile searches on an evening when I'm sat down and relaxing.

All in all, I think this is a bit of a no brainer. I appreciate it may be old news to most folk, and I know many of you are well aware of the Microsoft Rewards Scheme, I just wondered how many would actually be using it and benefiting like they should
Community Updates
Misc
20 Comments
Very I tested how do you set it up?
Interested
Forgot all about this! Thanks Buzz
Thanks buzz, my mobile searches are not accumulating points is there something i need to do to get them to count?
johnwillowlfc4 m ago

Thanks buzz, my mobile searches are not accumulating points is there …Thanks buzz, my mobile searches are not accumulating points is there something i need to do to get them to count?

Just did a quick search on iOS using the Bing app mate and it tallied up +3 for me. Are you using the app to perform the searches? I'm not sure it's mandatory, but it's what I've done
BuzzDuraband40 m ago

Just did a quick search on iOS using the Bing app mate and it tallied up …Just did a quick search on iOS using the Bing app mate and it tallied up +3 for me. Are you using the app to perform the searches? I'm not sure it's mandatory, but it's what I've done

Ive tried both and it didn't add to the total but will try again or maybe there is a delay
johnwillowlfc4 m ago

Ive tried both and it didn't add to the total but will try again or maybe …Ive tried both and it didn't add to the total but will try again or maybe there is a delay

Hmmm. Does seem a little strange bud. Might be worth a try a little later. I've done 7 since you enquired.

31845641-vwhq0.jpg
so sit and get bombarded with adverts via bing for a month, to sign up to xbox live to then be bombarded with adverts on the dashboard?

cosmic...
Seems an awful lot of effort for the returns.
Splashmo1 h, 2 m ago

Seems an awful lot of effort for the returns.

Possibly, I mean it's not going to appeal to everybody. But if you're making searches anyway, why not make them towards an Xbox Live subscription?
Won't let me sign up because of "Residing outside of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia". That's fairly prohibitive for HotUKDeals
cannibalwombat4 m ago

Won't let me sign up because of "Residing outside of the fifty (50) United …Won't let me sign up because of "Residing outside of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia". That's fairly prohibitive for HotUKDeals

Is your Microsoft location set to US?
Edited by: "BuzzDuraband" 31st Aug 2017
The Microsoft rewards app doesnt seem to recognise searches on it unless it takes awhile to do it.
I'm a newbie to this now thanks to your post. Just wondering how do you get the mobile search added in? I downloaded the app onto my phone, signed in and even followed the links above but the mobile just won't add itself
31876327-QF6g9.jpg
CoolDude012314 h, 29 m ago

I'm a newbie to this now thanks to your post. Just wondering how do you …I'm a newbie to this now thanks to your post. Just wondering how do you get the mobile search added in? I downloaded the app onto my phone, signed in and even followed the links above but the mobile just won't add itself[Image]

Hmmm. I'm not sure why you're not seeing mobile search mate, not that I'd be overly bothered with that 265 daily offers How do you manage that to be so high, are you using Edge?
BuzzDuraband58 m ago

Hmmm. I'm not sure why you're not seeing mobile search mate, not that I'd …Hmmm. I'm not sure why you're not seeing mobile search mate, not that I'd be overly bothered with that 265 daily offers How do you manage that to be so high, are you using Edge?

I was this morning but not at first. And at the moment it doesn't seem to be giving me any extra. Was using Chrome on the Mac to start off which got me them points before switching over to Windows. I think most of them came from the daily offers as I was using it for the first time so maybe that is why it's high. Sent their customer support a message to find out a bit more about the mobile as I done everything i could think of.
Reporting with an update incase anyone else wonders about this. I have the mobile available now. It became available as soon as I reached level 2.

But for some strange reason the Bing app on iOS doesn't count my mobile search, using the search engine in a browser did though.

Edit- found out why the app isn't working. It keeps signing me out automatically after every search so it won't count. Not sure why that is happening.
31895935-hk1CY.jpg
Edited by: "CoolDude0123" 5th Sep 2017
CoolDude01234 h, 4 m ago

Reporting with an update incase anyone else wonders about this. I have the …Reporting with an update incase anyone else wonders about this. I have the mobile available now. It became available as soon as I reached level 2. But for some strange reason the Bing app on iOS doesn't count my mobile search, using the search engine in a browser did though. Edit- found out why the app isn't working. It keeps signing me out automatically after every search so it won't count. Not sure why that is happening. [Image]

Nice update, still level 1, but nearly at level 2, hope mobile searches will kick in once there
Well I don't XBOX or Skype call, are the gift cards sellable?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants