Groups
    EXPIRED

Microsoft security

Every 4 weeks for the last 3 months I get email saying before I can log into my MSN/outlook emails I have to verify account with a callback or 2nd email with code. It seems genuine but I'm beginning to have doubts. How can I confirm these are for real and not a scam? Thanks

5 Comments

Send to msn and ask?

If they're asking for a phone call, I doubt it's genuine. Make sure you don't do anything unless you're absolutely sure.

soozyqt

Every 4 weeks for the last 3 months I get email saying before I can log … Every 4 weeks for the last 3 months I get email saying before I can log into my MSN/outlook emails I have to verify account with a callback or 2nd email with code. It seems genuine but I'm beginning to have doubts. How can I confirm these are for real and not a scam? Thanks

Several options to determine authenticity of the email:

- Hover over url links within the email and observe the url that is revealed - BUT DO NOT CLICK ON THE LINKS
    - Inspect the email headers to determine the origin of the email
    - If the emails you are receiving refers are sent to the account which requires verification, then you have a cyclical dependency because you are asked to verify, yet you are advised that you cannot access your account (in order to have been able to view the warning email).

I had a similar problem, but when logging in to my account. I got a message along the lines of: 'Call us overprotective, but we need to make sure you can access your account should you have any problems.'
    It wanted to text me a code to input, so I was very sceptical, but spoke with a Microsoft online chat advisor and was confirmed that it was legit and just a security method they've introduced.
    Not sure if that helps you in any way as I didn't get it in an email, but it seemed to work ok?

It is deffo legit. Happens to me a fair bit.

But with anything, just make sure the email is from a legit source because no doubt the scammers will already be onto this new Microsoft security check and will be mimicking it somewhere along the line.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. New Layout is Confusing: How to I navigate to specific items!?34
      2. Best laptop on the market11
      3. Help Me Find Bright Red Exterior Paint PLEASE56
      4. Are smart parking limited legitimate55

See more discussions