Microsoft Surface Pro or Hp Spectre?

Found 24th Jul 2017
Hi. Advice needed. Hubby is starting a new job and will need a top of the range laptop. He will be at a high management level but he can't quite make his mind up between the new surface pro or the HP spectre. Which one would people suggest he goes for? The price is more on the spectre and we don't mind paying it if its worth it. He can get student discount on both due to his nus still being valid from him doing his MBA. Thank you in advance.
Community Updates
AskHPMicrosoftSurface
13 Comments
I have a surface pro 3 and can really vouch for the quality, it's never missed a beat the new pro has just come out I think. Though I can't say I know much about the spectre but I'd choose the integrated approach and go with the surface.
I agree with op what is it actually being used for needs to be focused on rather than what level he's at before making your call.
Don't get any of the window 10 tablet for work. Its only good for light use. Get a ultrabook/laptop with the max budget you can go.
Good old UKHD, Op wants advice on either A or B but gets a list of what to buy all the way to Z with 100 reasons why A and B are not suitable.

honestly I have never came across anything I struggle to run with my surface (i5 8gb ram). I run Matlab and other simulation software and sure it's faster when I run it on my desktop, but when I'm away on business I want something lightweight and capable and the surface ticks all the boxes. The pen is pretty handy for taking notes too with onenote. I can't recommend it enough
dozstanford23 m ago

It's rather hard to recommend a laptop without knowing exactly what it's …It's rather hard to recommend a laptop without knowing exactly what it's being used for, hence the questions and somewhat random recommendations, it's a little unfair to criticise those trying to help when the question is so vague.

The question is simple though surface vs spectre which should he choose. It's not very helpful to muddy the water with other choices or "don't get a Windows 10 laptop".

If it was a mac thread read the answers would be "don't get a Mac", if it was an android thread it would be "buy iPhone" or an iPhone thread it would be "apple sheep buy android. It's just daft if you have no knowledge of the laptops he wants to pick from then don't post
Edited by: "Dannyrobbo" 25th Jul 2017
Dannyrobbo

The question is simple though surface vs spectre which should he choose. … The question is simple though surface vs spectre which should he choose. It's not very helpful to muddy the water with other choices or "don't get a Windows 10 laptop". If it was a mac thread read the answers would be "don't get a Mac", if it was an android thread it would be "buy iPhone" or an iPhone thread it would be "apple sheep buy android. It's just daft if you have no knowledge of the laptops he wants to pick from then don't post

It's as daft recommending a laptop when you don't know what it's being used for.
ive got a 13" spectre x360 i5. best overall laptop i've ever used. i work in IT.

i do creative adobe stuff on it. watch films. the battery life and sound is great. the build is decent. use the touchscreen/tablet mode quite often. its ace.

read this : theverge.com/201…top
eayragt2 h, 20 m ago

It's as daft recommending a laptop when you don't know what it's being …It's as daft recommending a laptop when you don't know what it's being used for.

Its not really about use is it though, it's which do you recommend out of these two is all that is being asked. Which some people did manage to grasp.
Dannyrobbo

Its not really about use is it though, it's which do you recommend out of … Its not really about use is it though, it's which do you recommend out of these two is all that is being asked. Which some people did manage to grasp.

Which one do I recommend? It depends on what it's being used for.

Is that difficult to grasp?
Original Poster
eayragt

Which one do I recommend? It depends on what it's being used for. Is that … Which one do I recommend? It depends on what it's being used for. Is that difficult to grasp?

Sorry I should of written what he needed for. I apologise. It will be used primarily for project management activity. He will be travelling back and forth to the USA so size I expect will have to be considered. Thank you to everyone for their suggestions x
Original Poster
Dannyrobbo

Its not really about use is it though, it's which do you recommend out … Its not really about use is it though, it's which do you recommend out of these two is all that is being asked. Which some people did manage to grasp.

Thank you for you're reply. Primarily will be used for project management activity x
Sassyx15 m ago

Thank you for you're reply. Primarily will be used for project management …Thank you for you're reply. Primarily will be used for project management activity x

I can only vouch for the surface but it's an excellent tool for the office, with the pen for notes and the fact it's so portable but fairly capable. i wouldn't be without mine day to day in the office.
Sassyx

Sorry I should of written what he needed for. I apologise. It will be … Sorry I should of written what he needed for. I apologise. It will be used primarily for project management activity. He will be travelling back and forth to the USA so size I expect will have to be considered. Thank you to everyone for their suggestions x

If that's the case I'd go for the Surface. Both will be up for the job, but being when you detach the keyboard of the Surface you'll have a nice light tablet, which if you're travelling around so much will be a bonus.
Edited by: "eayragt" 25th Jul 2017
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants