Groups
    EXPIRED

Microsoft Win 7 basic computer help please....

I tried to install a driver ( several times ) for my mobile phone to connect
    to the computer but it was not compatible with Win7.
    Anyway given up now but wehn I go into control panel / uninstall a program
    the driver is there 4 times with now size next to the files and when I try to
    uninstall it it comes up with " not uninstalled as there was no driver there
    previously" Can anyone help me get rid of these "files"?
    Thank you...........

5 Comments

If you do decide to install the driver, just right-click on the .exe and select the compatibility tab, choose XP SP3 compatibility mode!

Original Poster

DVS_Dee;7291055

If you do decide to install the driver, just right-click on the .exe and … If you do decide to install the driver, just right-click on the .exe and select the compatibility tab, choose XP SP3 compatibility mode!

Thanks but i installed the photo on my old laptop instead
    ( if i had done this in the first place everything would be fine eh!! )
    anyone know how to get rid of the non-existant files?

If you're talking about the entries in the uninstall program list then any tweaking program can remove them. I use ]MyUninstaller as it's a lot faster to load than the windows one and that has an option to remove an entry but anything claiming to be a TweakUI for Windows Vista/7 is likely to work too as TweakUI could do this.

Original Poster

EndlessWaves;7298433

If you're talking about the entries in the uninstall program list then … If you're talking about the entries in the uninstall program list then any tweaking program can remove them. I use ]MyUninstaller as it's a lot faster to load than the windows one and that has an option to remove an entry but anything claiming to be a TweakUI for Windows Vista/7 is likely to work too as TweakUI could do this.

You are an ABSOLUTE superstar!!!!!
    Thank you sooooooo much.
    Have some REP ( sorry thats all I can give you )

Thanks again

Original Poster

Thanks to "Endlesswaves" this problem is now resolved.
    This thread can be closed mods, Thank you
    ( I have expired )
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Back to school: what's your views on your kids uniform and piercing rules e…27120
      2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4532117
      3. If you had £50,000 to start a business what would it be ?2546
      4. How long do we think it’ll be until USB C is considered as safe and univers…66

See more discussions