Groups

Microsoft Windows 7 officially released October 22nd THIS YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Title says it all...

Win 7 out October 22nd 2009!!!!
    engadget.com/200…nd/

No more crappy Vista WOOHOO!!!!

Cant wait, only 4 and 1/2 months to go
    Cheers.

20 Comments

Proof?

please some1 tell me why every1 hates vista?

I have it and it dont cause an problems for me,

Original Poster

choclatepup;5381998

please some1 tell me why every1 hates vista?I have it and it dont cause … please some1 tell me why every1 hates vista?I have it and it dont cause an problems for me,

Cuz they have rubbish pc's lol

Vista is ram hungry and runs badly on slower machines.

lol big woop,
    been using win7 for ages now.....

Banned

phatboy123;5382144

lol big woop, been using win7 for ages now.....

LOL... welcome to 2008! :w00t:

how have you been using win7 for ages??? Sorry im behind with this kind of thing.

Ps I like vista, runs nice and smoooooooth on my laptop.

Original Poster

Latinosharkey;5382227

how have you been using win7 for ages??? Sorry im behind with this kind … how have you been using win7 for ages??? Sorry im behind with this kind of thing.Ps I like vista, runs nice and smoooooooth on my laptop.

Win 7 is available in RC (release candidate) beta form as a free download from May 5th this year till June 1st next year when it expires, BUT as the title says, it will be offically available for ALL consumers October 22nd!

Cheers.

Banned

Latinosharkey;5382227

how have you been using win7 for ages??? Sorry im behind with this kind … how have you been using win7 for ages??? Sorry im behind with this kind of thing.Beta version :)You can get a copy of the RC from here:http://technet.microsoft.com/en-gb/evalcenter/dd353205.aspx:)Ps I like vista, runs nice and smoooooooth on my laptop.

I will happily stick with XP until SP1 is released on Windows 7

gonna wait for snow leopard!

choclatepup;5381998

please some1 tell me why every1 hates vista?I have it and it dont cause … please some1 tell me why every1 hates vista?I have it and it dont cause an problems for me,

I guess it was just the initial problems that every big O/S update has on release that put people off as we haven't had once since OS X 10.0 and Windows 2000 back near the start of the decade.

Windows 7 looks like it's hardly going to be worth the upgrade from vista, I suppose it's mainly for those XP users still seeing red.

Original Poster

I currently use XP and OSX (Tiger), I used Vista for 7 months and just didnt like it, but XP is fine!
    I will buy a new laptop in October with Win 7 loaded and hopefully it will be much better than Vista, and so far having tested it on and off at work it seems much better

I have also used Apple OS since 1995 (from 7 > Tiger) and I have had no probs with it and I will upgrade to Snow Leopard when its officially available later in the year as well

Cheers.

Still can't beat XP.

Haven't played with Windows 7, really should download the Beta and give it a shot. My main gripe with Vista was getting frustrated with the piece of dung, as I knew exactly what I wanted from my machine and could set it up in minutes with XP - Was much harder to find that with Vista, and the amount of faffing around needed to get it set up was wild.

Also when it went into sleep mode and wouldn't wake up again, that was the final straw... Scrubbed vista and put XP on my PC :P

Original Poster

DragonChris;5385776

Still can't beat XP....My main gripe with Vista was getting frustrated … Still can't beat XP....My main gripe with Vista was getting frustrated with the piece of dung, as I knew exactly what I wanted from my machine and could set it up in minutes with XP - Was much harder to find that with Vista, and the amount of faffing around needed to get it set up was wild.... Scrubbed vista and put XP on my PC :P

You hit the nail on the head!!!!!
    Thats the whole/main prob with Vista, to get it to work properly it needs endless tweaking which is both annoying and very time consuming, and it didnt just 'work out of the box' like XP or OSX does!
    I did give it 7 months before I deleted it and re-installed XP

I am really optimistic about Win 7 as the time I have spent with it was good, though I wont faff about with the beta but just keep using my trusty old XP till Win 7 is releaded in 4 months.

Cheers.

What sort of vista features could you not get to work then?

Original Poster

EndlessWaves;5392959

What sort of vista features could you not get to work then?

ALL of them, its crap! LOL.

MINANTRA;5392005

You hit the nail on the head!!!!!Thats the whole/main prob with Vista, to … You hit the nail on the head!!!!!Thats the whole/main prob with Vista, to get it to work properly it needs endless tweaking which is both annoying and very time consuming, and it didnt just 'work out of the box' like XP or OSX does!I did give it 7 months before I deleted it and re-installed XP :)I am really optimistic about Win 7 as the time I have spent with it was good, though I wont faff about with the beta but just keep using my trusty old XP till Win 7 is releaded in 4 months.Cheers.

You didn't use XP in the early days then!:roll:

On windows 7, yes they have take a step back but is that always a good thing? Also no support for the ARM processor could see that biting them in the backside considering the massive growth in the netbook market!

Banned

MINANTRA;5403075

ALL of them, its crap! LOL.

vista is awesome! You're doin it wrong

Original Poster

bykergrove;5403259

vista is awesome! You're doin it wrong

Im doing it wrong, LOL!

Yes XP was problematic at first (I got it when it first came out on a Dell pc), but was fine soon after, OSX has been fine straight outta the box and Vista has never been fine, though I cant comment on the new Vista SP1.

Anyway, i'm happy with XP and OSX and look forward to Win 7.

Cheers.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Do you have one of these 2.1 million 50p's selling for 20x its value?611
      2. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread424014473
      3. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17826350
      4. word association Game73844457

See more discussions