Expired

microsoft windows vista 64bit

6 replies
Found 5th Apr 2009
hey! i'm buying a new computer without an os, and as it has 8gb onboard memory, and a 1gb graphics card, i'm going to need the 64 bit version of windows vista, can anyone direct me to the cheapest/best place i can get this from please?? cheers guys!!

6 Comments

hi Mate,
As I worked for PC World before, I know there is a special outfit code for 32/64bit MS Vista Ultimate Upgrade SP1 for £49.99. It is a two discs upgrade version but if you do clean install or install on top of Trial version, it will work as full version. I deleted the Outfit code accidently from my phone. But you can ask them. They might tell you to buy it together with new PC/laptop.

It's not going to work with only an 8Gb solid state drive - surely?
Once installed there won't be enough disk space.

I'm after the 64 bit version aswell how do you get the pc world offer?

if you know a student you can get 64 bit or 32 bit cheap from microsoft think its about 50-60 quid?

bettz1;4852775

I'm after the 64 bit version aswell how do you get the pc world offer?

Pls see my post above. Go to Business Centre in PC World and ask for (£49.99) Vista Ultimate Upgrade.

My advice is don't bother Buying windows Vista. in a few months windows 7 will come out.
if you need an OS you and can cope a few months without windows try out Ubuntu Linux. if you need Windows go with windows XP which you can pick up cheaper and upgrade to windows 7 when it comes out later this year.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition75856
    2. E: 22/09 (+6) Win £40,000, a BMW X4 and a Gadget Bundle with Good Morning B…88
    3. Magazine competitions - Issue 43 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk55
    4. Win free gin for a year99

See more discussions