Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium 32-Bit OEM

Hi all,

I am looking for an OEM copy of Windows Vista (32-bit) to install on my MacBook.

I have priced eBuyer, Dabs and eBay and the cheapest I can find is around £85/£90. I was able to buy this exact disk last year for £60, but the prices seem to have went up!

Does anyone know a reputable place where I would be able to pick this up cheap?

I am a student at University (if there are any student deals) and I need Vista to run some maths applications for my course!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Shaun.

16 Comments

people still buy windows...........?

lol jus kidding

]here for around £53

students get discount.

why don't you stick windows 7 on it?

there are loads of math applications for the mac osx why would you want to spend all of your time scanning for viruses? 'cos that is what's going to happen if you stick windows on! stick with the mac or put linux on it instead they both are widely used in the scientific communities worldwide with the added bonus all of the linux applications and the operating systems are totally free ( burn image and install like windows virus gatherer, sorry i meant XP, Vista and windows 7 ) i can count at least 21 free programs for different versions of math from a simple calculator through to graph charts in the add remove programs that installs stuff on ubuntu alone! and as i said they are free and the add remove program comes with ubuntu as standard just select and install, why pay for stuff when you can get it free, legally?
the added bonus with linux is that they do a LIVE CD which means you dont have to install it to use it, and it will get you online ( if you have the modem ) just run it from your disk drive so if you dont like it at least you have only lost a cd r nothing else

tinkerbellsteve;5205637

there are loads of math applications for the mac osx why would you want … there are loads of math applications for the mac osx why would you want to spend all of your time scanning for viruses? 'cos that is what's going to happen if you stick windows on! stick with the mac or put linux on it instead they both are widely used in the scientific communities worldwide with the added bonus all of the linux applications and the operating systems are totally free ( burn image and install like windows virus gatherer, sorry i meant XP, Vista and windows 7 ) i can count at least 21 free programs for different versions of math from a simple calculator through to graph charts in the add remove programs that installs stuff on ubuntu alone! and as i said they are free and the add remove program comes with ubuntu as standard just select and install, why pay for stuff when you can get it free, legally?the added bonus with linux is that they do a LIVE CD which means you dont have to install it to use it, and it will get you online ( if you have the modem ) just run it from your disk drive so if you dont like it at least you have only lost a cd r nothing else

omg fanboy, he's a student and wants to play games lol

Original Poster

I need Windows to run Matlab and Maple. Both these applications are available for Mac OS X, but the license from my university (which grants me to use the software for free) only works with Windows.

download windows 7 rc1 for free ?

tinkerbellsteve;5205637

stick with the mac or put linux on it instead they both are widely used … stick with the mac or put linux on it instead they both are widely used in the scientific communities worldwide with the added bonus all of the linux applications and the operating systems are totally free

Don't talk nonsense, two out of the big three mathematics applications run on Linux, and both of them have to be paid for.

thomasc123;5207059

download windows 7 rc1 for free ?

That's one option, although it is a beta so it does have some rough edges and you'll probably want to make sure your backup system is working well.

As a student you can also get Windows Server 2008 from ]dreamspark which might be a more stable option (and is more closely based on vista I believe, so apple's bootcamp drivers should work better).

Really would not bother with windows server...
Go for Windows 7, I have been using it for months and not once have I had a major problem (in fact, the build I am currently using I have not had a problem with at all, and I have used it on several PC's and laptops)

tinkerbellsteve;5205637

there are loads of math applications for the mac osx why would you want … there are loads of math applications for the mac osx why would you want to spend all of your time scanning for viruses? 'cos that is what's going to happen if you stick windows on! stick with the mac or put linux on it instead they both are widely used in the scientific communities worldwide with the added bonus all of the linux applications and the operating systems are totally free ( burn image and install like windows virus gatherer, sorry i meant XP, Vista and windows 7 ) i can count at least 21 free programs for different versions of math from a simple calculator through to graph charts in the add remove programs that installs stuff on ubuntu alone! and as i said they are free and the add remove program comes with ubuntu as standard just select and install, why pay for stuff when you can get it free, legally?the added bonus with linux is that they do a LIVE CD which means you dont have to install it to use it, and it will get you online ( if you have the modem ) just run it from your disk drive so if you dont like it at least you have only lost a cd r nothing else

HAHAHA
that mac/linux fanboy post had me laughing so much, how misguided/ignorant are some people.........

linux, mac and windoze user btw :thumbsup:

Banned

I can't see any reason for someone to buy vista right now.

Use Windows 7 for free for about a year, then buy a copy of win7

Original Poster

Will Windows 7 install on my Mac under bootcamp okay?

shaunpriest;5211545

Will Windows 7 install on my Mac under bootcamp okay?

Probably, its architecture is essentially the same as vista with a few tweeks here and there

phatboy123;5209095

HAHAHAthat mac/linux fanboy post had me laughing so much, how … HAHAHAthat mac/linux fanboy post had me laughing so much, how misguided/ignorant are some people.........linux, mac and windoze user btw :thumbsup:

Agree 100% :-D

Are you still looking for a copy of this? I have one I bought a year ago and never installed it as I got a new laptop soon afterwards with Vista on it. Let me know if you're interested. Cheers.

Hi there, I found the box and it's still sealed, it's a copy of Vista Home Premium 32-bit OEM System Builders Pack, is that OK for your needs? It says it's the "DSP OEI DVD" pack also. not sure what that means though. I can guarantee that the activation code hasn't been used as it's been in my desk drawer and has remained sealed since I bought it.

Would you want the whole thing posted (it's just a DVD case so shouldn't cost too much to post, although I'd insure it for full value) or do you just want the activation key? I'm in Glasgow if you wanted to meet to pick it up personally.

How does £65 for the key emailed to you or £70 for the whole box posted by Special Delivery sound? I'd like to use either Paypal Gift or bank transfer to avoid fees. I'm happy to put photos up of the box if you want, let me know!

Cheers.

Hi, do you still require a copy of Windows Vista, I have a spare copy which was installed on a machine which went faulty so was scrapped, its genuine has sticker attached to box.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Weekly game codes giveaway 183722
    2. How much would you pay for this chair?1214
    3. GOT Leaks again614
    4. PS4 Beta Software Version 5710

See more discussions