Microsoft word 2000 and 2007

8 replies
Found 16th Feb 2009
Hello everyone!

I have Windows Xp and I have just installed office 2007 onto my computer(previously had microsft office 2000). However I cant open any of my old word documents now that I have office 2007 and I have to put the office 2000 disc in to get the old documents previously saved in word to open. Does anyone know how I can get the documents saved in office 2000 to work with 2007 office? I heard there is a convertor or something, but not sure how to get that. Thanks.

8 Comments

is it looking for the new file format? (.docx) set that to look for (.doc) when open dialoge box pops up

Original Poster

MinstrelMan;4392161

is it looking for the new file format? (.docx) set that to look for … is it looking for the new file format? (.docx) set that to look for (.doc) when open dialoge box pops up

all it says when i try to open the documents is "inset the office 2000 disc".

thats when you double click the document i pressume, does word 2007 actually open? open the application and then choose open and navigate to the files through there. dunno how it but it sounds like.doc files arent associated with word 07, instead its still looking fro inatall path for 2000.

Original Poster

No word 2007 doesnt open MinstrelMan. Its my mums computer and I am only going on what she told me, so will have a look later and see what I can do. Although I dont know why this is happenning. Shes worried she will lose her files

well ossie posted the compatability pack, but thats actually built in to office as it has backward compatability straight out of the box....... sounds to me the problem is that office hasnt actually been installed correctly.

ossie;4392247

Microsoft Office Compatability … Microsoft Office Compatability Packhttp://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=941b3470-3ae9-4aee-8f43-c6bb74cd1466&displaylang=en

+1

Original Poster

Thanks everyone! It turned out my mum was clicking on the microsoft office 2000 shortcut icon! Lol this was why it was asking for the disc! It works now anyway!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Lost my CEX membership Card?12
    2. Best/cheapest music service811
    3. Android pay set up615
    4. Pictures from camera to android phone510

See more discussions