Microsoft word on iPad pro

Posted 15th Jan
evening all

managed to get word etc working on my iPad. I'm using one drive to organise my files . my question is does anybody now how to close files on word on the iPad? I'm trying to shift a file into a folder and keep getting the message "this file cannot be moved as it's open for editing". tried closing the app etc but no joy

thanks
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

7 Comments
Have you tried saving the file?
JoeyJoJoJunior15/01/2020 19:36

Have you tried saving the file?

Yes mate. It's a weird system it saves when you come out of it but I can't find anyway to actually close files properly.
Arrow on top left?
colinged15/01/2020 19:59

Arrow on top left?

Afaik that should close it but some docs I'm trying to move tell me I can't move as they're open for editing. Maybe it's open online or something. I've given up on it til tomorro now . Must say I'm not finding 365 user friendly at all
123batman32115/01/2020 20:17

Afaik that should close it but some docs I'm trying to move tell me I …Afaik that should close it but some docs I'm trying to move tell me I can't move as they're open for editing. Maybe it's open online or something. I've given up on it til tomorro now . Must say I'm not finding 365 user friendly at all

I think you need to export them to pdf first. Click the 3 dots, top right - export - export as pdf - save to files.
JoeyJoJoJunior15/01/2020 20:26

I think you need to export them to pdf first. Click the 3 dots, top right …I think you need to export them to pdf first. Click the 3 dots, top right - export - export as pdf - save to files.

Ah. Thanks I'll try that with the next one . Managed to get someone to move it by using a pc instead of iPad. Come to think of it the ones that moved ok we're pdf I think. They seem to have massively overcomplicated office 365. Either that or am gettin more stupid the older I get
123batman32115/01/2020 21:16

Ah. Thanks I'll try that with the next one . Managed to get someone to …Ah. Thanks I'll try that with the next one . Managed to get someone to move it by using a pc instead of iPad. Come to think of it the ones that moved ok we're pdf I think. They seem to have massively overcomplicated office 365. Either that or am gettin more stupid the older I get

I think the iPhone app is just dodgy. I had similar issues with excel.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants