Expired

Microsoft word / package

2 replies
Found 5th Sep 2007
I bought a laptop, Vostro 1500, through HDUK with Vista business basic on it and I have no word on it. I am a student - at least I am until I finish my dissertation - and really need word to work with.

Is there anything like word for free or the real deal at a price I can afford :roll:

Any links and tips will be greatly received.

1. Ask
  2. Microsoft
3 Comments

I would also recommend OpenOffice.Org as it happily loads and saves MS Office files (if you need that) but is very capable and can easily save any of its documents as PDF.

If you really had to have MS Word, you may find that your university's computer or book store can enable you to get the Office suite for the media cost (probably around £10) if they participate in the Student Select scheme, an optional extra to Academic Select.

It's a similar deal to some big organizations which allow their staff to pay a similar amount for Windows + Office for their home computers so they can practise in their own time. Their staff's rights to use the software end when they leave the organization or the organization pulls out of that volume licensing programme.

Original Poster

Thanks Guys! Rep added. Czantra that is ultra useful info. Will ask at Uni next week about the scheme.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Unlock access to thousands of hidden movies and genres on Netflix using cod…68
    2. Add one, leave one game54415470
    3. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52522887
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769611

See more discussions