Groups

microsoft word software wanted for student

my daughter has new pc for xmas but it hasnt got word on it, so anyone tell me where to get the cheapest legit WORD software for it. thanks all and happy new year folks.

18 Comments

It should have the basic Word program on it as its part of the windows installation.

If its the MS Office Word 2007 you're after theres always good student deals for the office packages, try here as well ]http//ww…JCQ

Banned

Any of your family work for the government in any department? NHS, MoD (Army, Air Force, Navy) , Police, Fire? Can get it for about £17 through work.

use

[url]www.openoffice.org[/url] for free

If shes a student this may help microsoft.com/stu…spx

She can download it from there and its pretty cheap too.

Jmp123;3883380

If shes a student this may help … If shes a student this may help http://www.microsoft.com/student/discounts/theultimatesteal-uk/default.aspxShe can download it from there and its pretty cheap too.

Thats a stomper of a deal

StevenA2000_uk;3883393

Its even microsoft offering the deal been going for over a year at least as I got it in september last year, think you can buy it for a year or 2 as well.

Jmp123;3883398

Its even microsoft offering the deal been going for over a year at least … Its even microsoft offering the deal been going for over a year at least as I got it in september last year, think you can buy it for a year or 2 as well.

Is that why its heavily discounted, because its a time limited license?

StevenA2000_uk;3883393

StevenA2000_uk;3883410

Is that why its heavily discounted, because its a time limited license?

That price isnt time limited but you can buy time limited ones for even cheaper.

Jmp123;3883416

That price isnt time limited but you can buy time limited ones for even … That price isnt time limited but you can buy time limited ones for even cheaper.

Excellent. Thanks for that.

Does Bill Gates know that they are giving the licenses away at these prices? lol....:)

128plant. I happened to be reading this and have a spare sealed copy of Word available - let me know if you want it - PM me your address and I'll pop it in the post.

This offer applies to 128plant only - just asking for the cost of the stamp and a small beer for my troubles.

StevenA2000_uk;3883432

Excellent. Thanks for that.Does Bill Gates know that they are giving the … Excellent. Thanks for that.Does Bill Gates know that they are giving the licenses away at these prices? lol....:)

If he doesn't lets hope he don't find out :thumbsup:

you can get vista ultimate for about 38 squid as well through that deal - all you need is an ac.uk address :-D

Banned

black gerbil1;3883361

use[url]www.openoffice.org[/url] for free

I cannot quote this hard enough!

Do not buy Microsoft Word! You can get all the same functionality from a free piece of software that has been developed over a number of years by hundreds of professional programmers.

Please give Open Office a go. It's absolutely brilliant and 100% compatible will all Microsoft Word documents.

wooooah...how did i become a flame thrower?? And i've reached 500 posts....i think i'm addicted :-D

I'd agree with Dan by the way - open office is very good but MS products are like crack for some people....

Yep, use free software....I've havent paid for large software packages for years.....never have done, never will. :whistling:

Original Poster

lumoruk;3883350

Any of your family work for the government in any department? NHS, MoD … Any of your family work for the government in any department? NHS, MoD (Army, Air Force, Navy) , Police, Fire? Can get it for about £17 through work.

wish they did at that price. we are all carers. nice job but no perks.... thx for info, hope it helps some

Original Poster

Jmp123;3883452

If he doesn't lets hope he don't find out :thumbsup:

think old gates should let pc have it now, ridiculous price for it.

Original Poster

have got a copy of 97 from friend but new pc doesnt like. made go crazy. have offloaded. take it need more recent. will follow up other ideas when daughter gets her school email.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Are these two things distinctly different to you?44
      2. RIP DOCTOR WHO78
      3. Show us your Photos 2017. August's Theme - Animals30384
      4. PlayStation Hacked Again?44

See more discussions