Microsoft word & text boxes help please...? Im going to scream!!

4 replies
Found 11th Nov 2009
Before anyone points out how thick I am, I already know :-/

Ive only used word once before to type up a document, Ive just never really needed to prior to that. But now Ive agreed to type something up for someone (wishing Id not said yes now, at the time I thought 'how hard can it be'!)

Ive written out some stuff already that needed to be in a box, I didnt think much about it at the time as I assumed he could put it in one later if he was bothered.. but now Ive found the 'insert text box' option and tried to fix it/make it right!

Ive tried putting the text Ive already written into a box, but every time I make a new box it just appears on top of my text as a white box, obv making the text nr invisible.
Plus the boxes arent fitting in with my margins that are already set, some are well over?

Where am I going wrong (everywhere I imagine!)?

Please can I have some help in v BASIC speak! lol

4 Comments

Select the text you want and place a border around it, instead of inserting a box

This button and choose 'Outside border'
http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee169/cbryanp/border.jpg

Original Poster

My M.Word looks old school and nothing compared to yours, makes mine look extremely dull!

Thanks very much though, I found the borders option I cant believe I wasted about an hour trying to figure it out and messing around with boxes!

Cool glad I could help. Good luck with the rest of it!

You could have simply made the text box, changed the background colour to null/transparent, and copied the text into it - And resized the box to make it fit. But whatever works
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Best renewal with sky after last offer66
    2. Advice on claiming from Salford Council pot hole damage11
    3. Want to sell on DLC ebay44
    4. heart rate monitor fitness watch58

See more discussions