Microsoft's ignorance to refreshing the Surface Pro - thoughts?

Found 2nd May 2017
*Sigh* I awoke today with my spring in my step hoping Microsoft would have taken the opportunity to give the Surface Pro line a refresh but alas all I was met with, was a bowl of disappointment - Surface laptop and Windows 10 S.

I understand the event was aimed at the EDU market, which is what they're achieving with Windows 10 S but the Surface Laptop, really? I understand it's a traditional "Laptop" unlike the 2-in-1 of the the Surface Book or Pro w/keyboard but c'mon Microsoft, why are you neglecting the Pro series?

It would have been ample opportunity to announce ARM-based Surfaces or the like if they wanted "cheaper models" for EDU.

I could be wrong here but I just was hoping for a new Surface Pro 5 or a whole line refresh. Maybe it's coming, eventually?

Maybe it's just me?

Rant over. Discuss.
Community Updates
10 Comments
dozstanford

I'll confess I'm just playing a game of how long I dare wait for the best … I'll confess I'm just playing a game of how long I dare wait for the best price drop before they go completely out of stock for the i5/8gb/256gb Pro 4

am playing a similar game, struggling to justify price especially as want a typecover and dock
sounds like it will be perfect for gaming...
I bought i5 256gb sp4 Jan 2016, prices have hardly changed. you can get 10% off with isic student card tho
There's not much innovation from the component manufacturers such as Intel so there is less of an incentive to refresh the platform annually.
What would you like to have seen them change?
Agharta

There's not much innovation from the component manufacturers such as … There's not much innovation from the component manufacturers such as Intel so there is less of an incentive to refresh the platform annually. What would you like to have seen them change?

Just a new model with either Kaby Lake or Ryzen CPUs ideally. That or a price drop on current Surfaces.
M0nk3h

Just a new model with either Kaby Lake or Ryzen CPUs ideally. That or a … Just a new model with either Kaby Lake or Ryzen CPUs ideally. That or a price drop on current Surfaces.

​ryzen in laptops is a long way away yet I'd reckon.......
First world problems eh?
NotTayyeb

ryzen in laptops is a long way away yet I'd reckon.......

Has the potential. Got the TDP for it.
maybe for high end totally foff budget laptops, but there's no mobile variants as of yet for "normal" laptops
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants