Groups

Microsofts Xbox Repair Service Advice Needed

Hi there, like many of you I have now received the RROD on my 360 console.I have rung Microsoft who have arranged collection but I'm not exactly sure how it works.The person on the phone mentioned labels being sent out but also said the same courier would collect it,can anyone who's had the same problem tell me how it worked with them?
    It's just i'm not at home this week so will have to give clear instruction to a family member.

Much appreciated

12 Comments

I logged mine via the website, so was able to print out the labels. Boxed up xbox360 only and it was collected at 10am the next morning, very efficent service.

I would assume that they will either post the labels to you, or the courier will have them ready to attach to your package. So best advice is to pack it up and have it ready to go.

Johnnypanic

Sounds like they'll bring the labels and put them on when they take it away

What the humanist said.

Here's a pic of the Courier truck that picks it up : :-D

http://www.blaenau-gwent.gov.uk/images/Images_Transport/Blaenau_Gwent_Lorry_rdax_250x188.JPG

Hi There,

I've had tthe RROD heres what you do..

First call MS and tell them u have the RROD.
    Tell them that you want the labels E-Mailed to you (this is alot faster than the post)

You will get the labels within the hour of you putting the phone down.

Next search the house for a box thats big enough to fit the console in.
    unplug the console of all leads, memory cards, hard drives etc.. and place into box.

Next pad the box out with random "soft" things, like bubble wrap, or somthing.
    Grab the parcel tape and wrap that baby up good and proper.

Print off the label and stick it on the front.

Call Parcel Force and arrange a day and time to pick the parcel.

Give parcel to the bloke and wait 1-4 weeks.

Apon return plug xbox360 in and play.

Enjoy~

Original Poster

Cheers guys, do you think the box my 360 came in will be sufficient?

Just keep in mind that anything extra you send probably won't make its way back to you.

Strip the console of all accessories and the faceplate if you want a new one :).

Oh and make sure there's no disc in the drive, seems a lot of people forget about this.

Wooderson;3178928

Cheers guys, do you think the box my 360 came in will be sufficient?

If I remember correctly when I sent my one back earlier in the year I was told specifically not to put it in the original box.

Original Poster

Kellogg;3178977

If I remember correctly when I sent my one back earlier in the year I was … If I remember correctly when I sent my one back earlier in the year I was told specifically not to put it in the original box.

Can anyone confirm this please?

Wooderson;3185153

Can anyone confirm this please?

That's what they told me. You'll need to find a plain box somewhere.

They didn't send me any e-mails with labels etc, just arranged for UPS to come and pick up my Xbox. They brought the labels with them and stuck them on the box. Got it back within 2 weeks.

Original Poster

I ended up ringing them back, for the record you can use the original box but they recommend using a plain one.
    Thanks for the help guys.

they say use a plain one, as they dont want the delivery guys knowing what it is there picking up, due to theift etc..
    oh alos if u got anything writen on ur xbox like this dude.. ]Click Here dont expect it to come back as it was - lol
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Photobook for up to 400 photos?23
      2. When Broadband Contracts End, Does The Price Increase Significantly, If You…11
      3. Curry haggle price?89
      4. Led light bulbs. Never used them, what do I need to know?11

See more discussions