Groups

Microsot Office 2007 license help needed

Hi, a while back i purchased microsoft office 2007 with a PC from Currys.

It is the version which comes on a disk and allows you to use the license code on 3 computers.

As we have 3 computers in the house i used up the allowance.

I have now sold one of our laptops which have it installed on.

Is it possible to unregister this PC and then be able to use the code again on a new PC?

4 Comments

Unfortunately not, the version you purchased will be OEM, which means it is tied to the hardware.

Once you have installed it on a machine it dies with that machine.

You can get non OEM versions but they are far more expensive.

Have you tried open office, it is compatible with all MS Office documents and is an excellent alternative as well as being free.

openoffice.org

Just use the code again....

microsoft rep told us at training that they have no way of tracking how many times the key has been used.
    try it again

Just install it on the new computer, worst case scenario is that the activation process forces you to call a Freephone number on which you will have to pledge eternal allegiance to Microsoft and swear that you did remove Office from the previous computer.

Edited by: "SUMMONER" 16th Nov 2010
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Try buy that Minecraft Xbone Argos deal? 10% online code in your email!11
      2. Old one pound coins are they worth more then their face value48
      3. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread423914467
      4. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17826349

See more discussions